UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spiderman Movie Mates!

Punisher

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach,will the new sewer lizard come with 4 and 5 fingered claws? it seems that movie lizard was supposed to come with a pair of 4 fingered claws,but it seems they swapped them out for normal minimate hands with just a tampo on them...

As far as I know, it's what you see in the pics. How'd you hear that? It's true, just not sure I said it.

I don't think so! He's got built in Nike's so im sure the orange is a form of Oakley sunglasses!

Edited by zakkatz

Zach,will the new sewer lizard come with 4 and 5 fingered claws? it seems that movie lizard was supposed to come with a pair of 4 fingered claws,but it seems they swapped them out for normal minimate hands with just a tampo on them...

How'd you hear that? It's true, just not sure I said it.

I noticed that in the trailer lizards right hand had 4 fingers and the left hand had 5 fingers, and when i saw the prototype lizard mate, i noticed that BOTH claws had 4 hands,so i put 2 and 2 together and realized that the claws were changed to normal mate hands with tampos on them in order to be more accurate :P

I don't think so! He's got built in Nike's so im sure the orange is a form of Oakley sunglasses!

its actually been confirmed that he used shades as the eyes cool.gif

How'd you hear that? It's true, just not sure I said it.

I noticed that in the trailer lizards right hand had 4 fingers and the left hand had 5 fingers, and when i saw the prototype lizard mate, i noticed that BOTH claws had 4 hands,so i put 2 and 2 together and realized that the claws were changed to normal mate hands with tampos on them in order to be more accurate :P

its actually been confirmed that he used shades as the eyes cool.gif

which is an awesome design choice, i love that they've made the spidey suit completely science/tech based

I agree that orange was a bad choice. The white is iconic and bold where as the orange looks dull and kind of weird against the red. Other than the eyes, I really like the costume. It'll be interesting to see how they explain it. Hopefully they do better than a montage of Peter drawing and coloring with markers and suddenly having a full super hero costume.

And the minimate version of the suit looks incredible (especially after a head swap). I love the little silver web shooters.

I also think it's funny how much they play up the web shooters for this movie. They're even mentioned on the minimate packaging. "THIS MOVIE IS DIFFERENT FROM THE LAST THREE!"

Orange is probably tech, IMO. I expect there will be a plot point as to why they are orange. Possibly a version of light-weight night vision or infrared (which won't work to help find the cold-blooded lizard)

Stupid question, but does Vigilante Spider-Man's hat come off?

Because mine won't. lol...

I can't tell if it's actually glued on, or just hopelessly stuck to the paint.

Someone answer this, because I want to know how hard I should be pulling on this thing, lol...

(That's what she said)

see...thats how i felt about the original film, how the hell did parker build that suit when he was poor as hell? where as in the new one, he obviously has access to high-tech facilities at Oscorp, my guess is he designed it and either Gwen made it happen or he found a military suit made by Osborn and customized it.

My answer to the suit in the first film was that the wrestling promoter made it after seeing how much money this "spiderman" kid could bring in. He needed new duds for promotional purposes and that's where the balance of the money owed to Peter went.

The new suit is growing on me but I agree with others; I want it explained. It may not be the most unrealistic part of the film but since they go out of their way to explain his powers (again), they can drop a line or two about the suit's origins.

see...thats how i felt about the original film, how the hell did parker build that suit when he was poor as hell? where as in the new one, he obviously has access to high-tech facilities at Oscorp, my guess is he designed it and either Gwen made it happen or he found a military suit made by Osborn and customized it.

Just because he "has access" is NO REASON for him to be allowed to use/steal/make a costume with their materials. By the looks of things, he tracks down Connors at Oscorp to learn about his parents. He doesn't work there or anything.

Besides, Toby's looked a lot less techy, expensive, and unrealistic as this one. The various textures and materials, the detailing and designs, the shoe things...there is just no way.

still think he'll 'acquire' the suit somehow, Kick Ass style... after all, it is basically a motorcross style suit. The bit with him stitching in the trailer is probably no more than sticking the spider on, or the web shooters.

... think I've done this exact same post a few months ago :unsure:

Just because he "has access" is NO REASON for him to be allowed to use/steal/make a costume with their materials. By the looks of things, he tracks down Connors at Oscorp to learn about his parents. He doesn't work there or anything.

Besides, Toby's looked a lot less techy, expensive, and unrealistic as this one. The various textures and materials, the detailing and designs, the shoe things...there is just no way.

i just like the costume and PERSONALLY think its more plausible,so many people have tried to discourage me about this new look, i even started off not liking it, but really, its one of my favorite Spiderman designs now, so you all can have your opinions, im gonna respectfully keep mine :)

Glad to see so many of us hated the 'random teen makes Hollywood style costume' out of thin air for the first spidey movie. It's what I'm most excited about for the new film- how and where he gets it. It works in the comics it's just a drawing. Real life? It wasn't sent along with him as he rocketed away from his exploding planet. He's not a rich playboy who broods in the dark. He doesn't attend a school for the gifted. It should look like he's sporting oakley's, a motorcross suit and the latest new balance shoes. It may not be the spidey were all used to, but fir reality sake it works. So movie, don't let me down.

Edited by Jeff

How do his hands & feet stick to walls/ceilings through the basketball-material gloves & soled shoes?

At least the Raimi trilogy's suit (that a lot of cosplayers I know have made themselves) was a thin enough fabric for his ability to go through (I loved the little "hairs" that came out of his fingers).

Okay, I had this really weird dream last night, where ASM didn't do so hot, and the next movie actually lumped it in the same continuity with Raimi's films. Like this was his practice suit and ASM takes place inside SM1. It was just weird. It worked if you broke a few things. I may end up trying that once I see the movie. <_<