UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spiderman Movie Mates!

Punisher

Anyone who scored the TRU mates happen to have the item number to share? I am no longer seeing listings online and want to check in stores. Thanks in advance!

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, even if it gets solid reviews and is a box office smash, I'm skipping it. I want this to be like Ghost Rider. I want Sony/Marvel/Disney to know you don't screw with the public like this. Reboots are for bad movies, and should be treated gently, not following hot on the heels of the biggest money maker in the franchise and have stupid designs shoved down the viewers throats.

Yes, even if it gets solid reviews and is a box office smash, I'm skipping it. I want this to be like Ghost Rider. I want Sony/Marvel/Disney to know you don't screw with the public like this. Reboots are for bad movies, and should be treated gently, not following hot on the heels of the biggest money maker in the franchise and have stupid designs shoved down the viewers throats.

Spidey 3 was poorly thought out on several levels, and I never really liked Maguire in the role, or Dunst in hers. I think starting from scratch is not the worst thing in the world, and a new costume helps differentiate it from what came before, considering how famous the old costume has become. It's not really that different anyway; the old one was just as textured and patterned, this one just moves the colors around. But send a message, TM2. Vote with your dollar. As long as you spend those dollars on Minimates instead. :biggrin:

^ Even if it gets solid reviews?

Yeah, I'm gonna pass. I am a fan of the Raimi Spideys ( SM2 still my gold standard for judging comic book movies). SM3 needed either another 1/2 hour or one less villian. I blame Sony for listening to the "fans" that wanted Venom, even though Raimi had gone on record as not a Venom fan. Zach has a good point about Dunst, I would rather see her as Gwen & get killed in the 1st movie & BDH play MJ for the rest that way neither had to dye their hair. I agree with Dino, I think it's too soon for a reboot, esp with the others so fresh. But really, I want to rights to return home where they belong, with Marvel (along w/ FF, Ghost Rider, X-Men & DD) so we can have one big Marvel film universe. That being said, there are a few pieces in this wave I'll pick up, but most are a pass so I can brace my wallet for the treats we're going to get at SDCC!

I'm looking forward to the film, as the Sam Raimi stuff got worse and worse as the sequels progressed.

If they'd kept the actors who played JJJ, Robbie, Gwen, Betty Brant and Aunt May but changed everything else I'd be pleased as punch.

I even like McGuire and Dunst, but they didn't fit the part for me at all.

I'm looking forward to the film, as the Sam Raimi stuff got worse and worse as the sequels progressed.

If they'd kept the actors who played JJJ, Robbie, Gwen, Betty Brant and Aunt May but changed everything else I'd be pleased as punch.

I even like McGuire and Dunst, but they didn't fit the part for me at all.

i feel like when they have JJJ, its gotta be J.K. Simmons, hes just the perfect Jonah, and hes still in the Marvel business (he's JJJ's voice actor in Ultimate Spiderman)

Hear, hear!

I think the previous three were weak. The second one was the best, and even it had moments that were cringe worthy. They didn't bother me as much at the time, but now trying to revisit them after the Nolan Batman films and the Marvel Studios movies, to me they REALLY don't hold up. It's like watching Batman '89 after the Dark Knight, the first just seems silly now, even though I enjoyed it then. I'm hoping the new Spider-Man is the Spider-Man movie I've wanted to see all along, and never got. Give me a Spider-Man who fights back and has some edge to him over Tobey's whining and limp wristedness any day.

If this movie is as good as I think it has the potential to be, I hope you guys change your mind. It'd be a shame to miss out on a great movie.

Edited by Valo487

I think the previous three were weak. The second one was the best, and even it had moments that were cringe worthy. They didn't bother me as much at the time, but now trying to revisit them after the Nolan Batman films and the Marvel Studios movies, to me they REALLY don't hold up. It's like watching Batman '89 after the Dark Knight, the first just seems silly now, even though I enjoyed it then. I'm hoping the new Spider-Man is the Spider-Man movie I've wanted to see all along, and never got. Give me a Spider-Man who fights back and has some edge to him over Tobey's whining and limp wristedness any day.

If this movie is as good as I think it has the potential to be, I hope you guys change your mind. It'd be a shame to miss out on a great movie.

Like I’ve said before the old ones not holding up does not give the new one the benefit of being “the good one” without earning it,

Batman Begins is better then Batman ’89 and X-Men:FA is better then X3, but Green Lantern came out after all of the Marvel Studio movies (it would have filmed around the same time as Cap though) and it’s still a giant piece of garbage... same with the newest Ghost Rider, it KNEW what people hated about the first one and still decided to be a giant piece of garbage.

I’m fine with a new cast and director (the unrebooted series would have had those in 5 anyway) and the costume looks fine on a minimate (not on a person, it needs a belt) but I don’t want to sit through another origin story, why not make this “Spider-man 4” and NOT retell his origin which we just saw 10 years ago so everyone but jaded 7 seven year olds have had a chance to see it and get right to the meat of him and fighting Lizard? (in reference: Men in Black 2 came out in 2002 as well, Sony did not feel the need to reboot Men In Black 3 and reexplain how Will Smith became a part of it they just went right into a new story, 10 years is not that long in movie time.)

and I’m not just picking on this Spider-man, I actually just did a search on “Man of Steel” and upon finding out it might be an origin story (no real details on that yet other then ‘it covers a wide range of his life’ but that might mean flashbacks) my interest dropped off considerably (from ‘this should be fun!’ to ‘eh, I’ll rent it’) we don’t need a movie to retell a story that literally everyone knows (unless they themselves are aliens from a dying planet and only recent landed on earth) just show a remade version of the Superman Animated Series opening credit over the opening titles and people are caught up, same with Spider-man redo the Spider-man 2 opening replacing Tobey with Garfield and Dunst with Emma Stone and you’re all caught up, let’s fight the lizard! No need to show the whole thing again since the only thing you gain from a Spider-man boot is the chance to reuse the Green Goblin.

Edited by dr baghead

I don't disagree with a lot of your points, I'm just looking at it in terms of this is what they decided to do, and the trailers look really good to me, so I'm happy with it overall, and hope that because they rebooted it they can give us a better take on the Green Goblin, we can get Harry Osborn back, and so on.

I don't think we needed an origin story again AT ALL, but if I have to have one to get the Spider-Man I don't feel I ever got before, I accept that. I hope it lives up to the promise I feel it has.

I've just read that the thief from the first spiderman film that robbed the wrestling boss is in this film too, not sure if he's playing the thief again & I have a feeling that the "origin" will be told in flashback

Spider-Man 2's only flaw (IMO) was having way too much filler.

Glad most people are finally getting onside for this film, all the signs are incredibly positive. No doubt the origin section will be rather quickly done, its been wonderfully cast... absolutely no doubt it'll be a huge imlrovement on the 'originals'.

In defence of Raimi's films... The villains were wondefully cast; Dafoe, Molina, Haden-Church... all great actors, and they introduced me at least to James Franco.

I honestly think, with a better script, even Topher Grace could have been a pretty decent Brock, albeit a new approach.

Glad most people are finally getting onside for this film, all the signs are incredibly positive. No doubt the origin section will be rather quickly done, its been wonderfully cast... absolutely no doubt it'll be a huge imlrovement on the 'originals'.

In defence of Raimi's films... The villains were wondefully cast; Dafoe, Molina, Haden-Church... all great actors, and they introduced me at least to James Franco.

I honestly think, with a better script, even Topher Grace could have been a pretty decent Brock, albeit a new approach.

What's his face that played Sandman, Haden-Church, was fantastic. I wish we'd see him again in that role.

i've got to say that i enjoy Batman '89 a great deal more than Batman Begins. Not picking a fight, just letting it be known that i'm in the other camp on that one. Don't get me wrong, i did enjoy Batman Begins . . . but i didn't find anyone in the film terribly charismatic. I like 'dark' and i like 'gritty', but i want to be cheering for someone in a film, even if it's the bad guy. I didn't cheer for anyone in Batman Begins.

edit: except for Michael Caine . . . who is awesome in everything.

Edited by Nessex