UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

So Zach, can you say who's decision it was to short-pack the TRU exclusives? Regardless of how many TRU ordered, the fact that Shane and Glen are in much lower numbers seems to be the bigger issue with all of this.

To short pack the TRU exclusives? TRU, I believe. There's a reason all or most TRU exclusives are short packed. To make Glenn and Shane the TRU exclusives? Chuck does all line planning. Keep in mind this is not our last Glenn.

I really just meant the short-packing part. I don't thin kit would atter who was short-packed, short packing never translates well to availability. I wish someone there would realize that when they short-pack almost every time they're stuck with the over-packed stuff, especially when they're competing with every LCS and on-line store to sell the same packs that are in the regular waves. I love that Marvel TRU is all different now (thanks!), but I just wish WD followed the same pattern.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

INSANE!

I called my TRU at 9, they said they had them in and couldn't hold them so I drove over and BOOM the entire rack was empty. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

I just want Glenn for his hat. This is ridiculous.

Is it possible, the employee Heard "Walking Dead" and thought you were talking about the McFarlane Walking Dead figures? Apparently the store near me just got in the new McFarlane figures but still no Minimate versions

Edited by Shogi

I specifically said Walking Dead Minimates. I walked up and down every aisle, checked every endcap and asked two separate employees while there.

It really irks me that employees can't tell the difference between action figures. IT'S YOUR JOB. :verymad:

The one good thing was one of the cashiers see us (me and a buddy) in there regularly and she told me that they are getting another truck next thursday. Maybe you're right Shogi......

On a happier note I did spot the Rhino wave. Only one vindicator/box left and no sign of a havok/storm. I also picked up the new TMNT metal head so it wasn't a complete waste of a trip.

Out of all the local stores, only one had these (but of course, the exclusives were gone). One store I'm not expecting to get them in at all. They never got Series 5 of Halo, and are still flooded with Marvel Wave 12. But they got the last wave (and all before it) of MvC3. :rolleyes:

My local store never got Halo Series 5 either, and I was responsible for most of the sellout of Series 1-4 at that store. :confused:

It seems like TRU does zero research into what product actually sells at certain store. My local store never gets the Marvel boxsets either, and I have yet to see the TRU Expendables 2 boxset at ANY TRU I have walked into in either Michigan or Ohio.

Out of all the local stores, only one had these (but of course, the exclusives were gone). One store I'm not expecting to get them in at all. They never got Series 5 of Halo, and are still flooded with Marvel Wave 12. But they got the last wave (and all before it) of MvC3. :rolleyes:

My local store never got Halo Series 5 either, and I was responsible for most of the sellout of Series 1-4 at that store. :confused:

It seems like TRU does zero research into what product actually sells at certain store. My local store never gets the Marvel boxsets either, and I have yet to see the TRU Expendables 2 boxset at ANY TRU I have walked into in either Michigan or Ohio.

My store sold through the Halo series 4 & 5, then restocked both with full pegs - which hasn't been touched. The expendables box set#1 has sold exactly 1, which is probably why I haven't seen #2 there. SF vs Tekken are sold out. No sign of Walking Dead at this one, but Marvel wave 14 sat over a week untouched. Now only the 2 Havok/Storm sets are gone.

It seems my TRU is as unpredictible as yours.

Here are the numbers for further assistance: 12898328 "Zombie and Morgan" 12898329 "Zombie and Jim"

I just did a search on tru.com for those numbers and the original listings came up as in stock. I placed an order for 'Jim" and "Morgan". Let's see if it gets cancelled or not.

So my Glenn/Rick/Zombie sets were supposed to arrive today via UPS. However, on Monday, UPS dropped them off at a post office about 15 minutes from me, to be handled by USPS. Apparently the United States Postal Service seems to think that the best way of getting the package to me is by sending it to a different post office TWO AND A HALF HOURS AWAY!

Edited by Glantern

Well, my TRU here in Fayetteville has plenty of Expendables 1 & 2, Knight Riders, Universal Monsters, Halo Series 5, Halo Warthogs, Street Fighter Vs Tekken, & MVC3 wave 2 & 3, but when it comes to Marvel minimates, were still on wave 12 and haven't gotten anything in since that wave hit...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12898328&skuid=12774977

Shane(Jim) set shows sold out, but the other three sets all show quantity of 19 in stock as of now. My order from earlier today for the exclusives hasn't been cancelled, so if anyone wants any, I'd say go ahead and order. Nothing to lose, right?

BHM, you're the numbers guy: TRU's order for exclusives has to be, what, 3000 units, at least? If AFX is doing runs of 3000 sets for convention exclusives, I can't imagine a national now international retailer would make fewer than that, for a big media property, right before holiday shopping kicks off. Even if TRU.com only gets 10% of that allocation, could they really have burned through 300 of each set in less than a week? It just seems like we'd have seen more on ebay by now, or more online reviews, or comments, or something.

TRU cases ....as far as I know....aren't numbered which is my trusted method. The LCS standard cases are numbered up to about #2000 ....you can add god cases to this (Luke,any idea?) ,I'd guess 300 odd (I could be way out)which would mean that there are 3000 LCS variants . It's always been implied that TRU runs generally exceed LCS runs .....& I know no more.

The 'wild card' could be that the rumoured(at SDCC) UK big WD order may very well be TRU UK ? Unlikely perhaps but who knows.

My money is still on 'phenomenon' .

I am showing 152 custom cases, but that is only for me and AFX, as BBTS gets theirs direct from China, so their cases will have a different set of numbers on the side.

Hmm I ordered the Kitt as well as two packs of Wave 14. I got a shipping notice for both of those, but the other walking dead mates that were on that order haven't shipped, but they also haven't cancelled the order. TRU has to be the most disorganized company ever.

Ok, I just got off the phone with TRU,

The sets I Ordered are no longer in stock at the warehouse, end of story...

I kind of feel bad for the poor girl on the phone because I gave her a right earful at how incompetent their company is.

I was then told that because I'd payed by paypal it was up to me to talk to paypal to ensure that the funds get released.

So yeah, I'm done with TRU online, this isn't the first time I've ordered from them with issues, it will however be the last!

On another note: If anyone sees the Glenn/Shane sets in store and can pick them up for me I'd be v.appreciative!

*EDIT: and i just found out that paypal will only let me reclaim my funds after they 'timeout' after 30 days. Normally stores would decline the payment but TRU apparently doesn't have the ability to do that....

T.