UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from my local Toys R' Us and they had so much Walking Dead Minimate goodness... Soooo Happy... Still can't wait for the specialty shops wave to come out, but I think I've been anticipating this wave more than those. Glen looks so awesome, as does Shane and Rick. Planning on picking up an extra Glen so I can swap out the head for my Star Trek story (having Glen aboard the ship will be so sweet).

On a side note, if anyone is having trouble finding these, I'd be more than happy to pick some up and send them your way, as long as the supplies last. I'd prefer to trade for Star Trek Series 1 (2 Inch) Scotty figures (I NEED RED SHIRTS, so much so that I'm willing to trade 1 Scotty for 1 WD two-pack).

I speak with no insider knowledge but I'd bet those pack pairings are from an early list from DST. It could have been the most accurate they had at the time and never got fixed. It's not like there's anyone physically looking at the packages and entering them into the system. Info comes from purchase orders, packing lists, product numbers. It's run by little ones and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons. :)

Was anyone able to get the 20% off to work? None of the exclusions seem to apply. But I couldn't get the discount despite exceeding the minimum purchase value. (Currently waiting on a response from customer service though.)

I ended up ordered the Zombie and Jim set. I tried my local stores one more time first, in case they just got them in. The other 3 sets I ordered yesterday already shipped. I felt bad paying shipping for just 1 set, so I ended up ordering a couple of the series 2 Mcfarlane figures as well. I also bought the trade paperback vol. 16 yesterday. This is turning into quite the Walking dead week for me.

Ran by my local TRU yesterday and they just put out a case! Unfortunately it appears my Shane came with two left shoulders for his white T-shirt arms

ShaneArms.jpg

Thankfully, one handed Rick's arm works as a substitute

Shane.jpg

I also took a cue from Luke's blog and bought a second Rick/Zombie pack and did some part swapping

Zombies.jpg

Just as a heads up to everyone who ordered on line: Keep an eye on your invoices. Placed an order for the "jim and zombie" set today, and some how between placing the order and getting the confirmation, it switched to overnite shipping, which is an extra 20 bucks. Fortunately I called and got it sorted out, but it would suck if I hadn't caught that. Hopefully this is just a fluke in the system, but I'd hate to see it happen to anyone else.

Hey guys, I have a question? Should I consider myself lucky to have found a complete set of WD mates at my local Toys R' Us? Are they really going to be that limited and rare? Last night I was browsing eBay and Shane & Glen's 2-Packs are selling for upwards of $75. If their really going to be that rare, I should probably hurry and snatch up another Shane & Glen if I ever plan on doing customs with their parts. I just don't see a TRU wave being this rare. Is it just impatient people on eBay? Maybe Zach could give us some insight into the availability of this wave...

I read with great interest this morning (SFX magazine)that issue #100 of The Walking Dead sold 400,000ish copies :ohmy: ,just a tiny percentage of that fan-base ,deciding that they're going to buy the Minimates ,would clear the shelves & stock-rooms of TRU. I'm convinced this line will be massive but there really is no excuse for missing them when they are so readily available at the moment . $75 for a pair of TRU packs on ebay that are currently available from TRU.com is sheer bloody lunacy .

The thing that got me about the $75 price tag was that it actually had bids...

Here's the auction for those of you in disbelief...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-MiniMates-Series-1-Toys-R-Us-Exclusive-RARE-HTF-Shane-and-Glenn-/200835753769?pt=US_Comics_Figurines&hash=item2ec2be6729

Edited by Macross-Junkie

I got my lcs set from Luke the other day without the variant, I don't like that the variant comes with a duplicate like the old marvel waves did. I really like this wave, the zombies all look really good, great paint deails on all of them and my favorite feature was the female zombie's torso and leg being sculpted to make her look partially eaten. The only problem I had was putting burn zombies alternate arm on due to the shoulder opening being to close together. Dale is nice and I really like his vest sculpt and his hat, I do wish he had an alternate hair piece or some other accessories. I'm underwhelmed with both Dale and Ricks facial expressions, that would be the only reason I would get the variant, I'm planning on tracking down a sdcc Rick to swap the heads but can't justify getting a second female zombie to get winter coat Dale. Rick is a must have minimate IMO there is just so much there as far as accessories go that he makes all the other sets a little lackluster. Overall I'm happy/sad that I will be buying every WD set that comes out... unless the variant comes with a zombie without pieces that allow you to change thier appearance enough to be completely unrecognizable to the way it's packaged

what do you mean that the variant comes with a duplicate?

i dont theres ever been a case of the variant coming with a new figure, that is why DST started making the extra into Army Builders, so that people would feel rewarded by the extra figure rather then feeling like they had a spare that they didnt need...

That's what I mean, like the wave 50 nova corps comes potentially with two heads and three hair pieces excluding a helmet. If you have the female zombie with a different hair piece and maybe something you could put on like the tie piece to change the torso up... that doesn't make me feel dumb for buying the exact same figure (female zombie) an arm bitten off isn't a big enough change to make me to want to by the variant

That's what I mean, like the wave 50 nova corps comes potentially with two heads and three hair pieces excluding a helmet. If you have the female zombie with a different hair piece and maybe something you could put on like the tie piece to change the torso up... that doesn't make me feel dumb for buying the exact same figure (female zombie) an arm bitten off isn't a big enough change to make me to want to by the variant

Maybe she isn't the most generic of army builders, but that Nova Corpsman is definitely a special case, assuming we can make those extra heads. Aside from the Hydra soldier and the SHIELD agent, I don't remember a lot of extra parts on army builders.

My only complaint with the variant Dale pack is that I don't want Dale in a winter coat. An extra Female zombie is just fine by me. The Nerd Zombie and all 3 Max Zombies have the same skin color as the Female and there are more then enough Minimates out there with generic clothes on that one could use parts to make a completely new looking female zombie.

Now with wave 2, it looks like I'll be hunting for the variant so I can get a whole new character (Amy) especially if she still has the alternate scared face.