UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates 6

Punisher

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the life of me, I could have sworn I posted a response here a week ago and it's not here. I don't know if I posted in the wrong thread or if it didn't take, but I had posted an update (I thought). Auctions will go live tomorrow night and run for a week. I've opened up an account on ebay just for these that can be used again in the coming years if anyone wants to (the seller name is 'charitymates'). October was the crappiest month I can think of that ended with my laptop breaking last weekend. Our desktop had already broken so we were using it exclusively until it stopped working (losing the pictures I'd already started taking of some of the customs). But everything is set for tomorrow night and I'm hoping that people are in a giving mood because of the recent hurricanes.

Thanks for the update GH! Sorry to hear that this past month was so awful but hopefully things can only get better from here! :thumbsup:

And speaking of the hurricane - do we want to amend the charity that we're supporting? Giving money to the Red Cross or another more specific disaster relief fund might be a good idea.

The Red Cross helped me out just after Hurricane Katrina. It wasn't about monetary help with them. They helped me reroute my mail, pay some bills, get some clothes, and gave my sons some books (which they loved). My Father-in-Law was living in a small trailer next to his flooded out home and the RC brought him a hot meal everyday. Money can fix a lot of problems, but when you are ankle deep in filth and you don't have a pot to piss in, fresh clothes, food, even just knowing people care can really put hope back in your heart.

This is not meant to be offensive AT ALL, but do y'all realize that this is the first time in 3 years we have not had some sort of natural disaster to take the decision out of our hands?

I'm currently working on the auctions right now, but came across this while looking for info in the thread. I guess if we just waited long enough, it was bound to happen.

If no one else wants to step up, I'll handle the organization part of it. If anyone else wants to, speak up now or you'll be giving up all rights to criticize me later.

I also found this. You get what you pay for with volunteers, I guess.

023-1.jpg

Charitymates auctions are now live!

Again, I'll apologize profusely for how I've screwed this up (and will publicly apologize more for something else I screwed up). This year has been horrible and had I known what all would happen i never would have volunteered (and don't worry, I'll never offer to do it again). I suppose the silver lining is that this will all go towards charity that seems to be more in need right now. With that out of the way, if I messed up any details in the auctions please let me know and I'll do what I can to make it right. And again, I'll take care of any fees involved so whatever the final total is will be all that is donated.

Now, start bidding on these things.

Dude, the group shot looks great!

And I wouldn't say you'll never volunteer again, I think you did a great job! Life always has it bumps and horrible crashes, we just dust ourselves off....re-evaluate and move on. Exactly what happen this year, stuff happened....but the auctions still happened and we are still going to help people in need.

I think that is the most important part.

I still say, Kudos to you!

Man, I love seeing the Charitymates group shot! Awesome job this year everyone (you too GH) - can you guys believe we've done this six years in a row now? Awesome.

Anyway, I've placed my first bid and I hope to get in a few more!