UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Squadron Supreme Custom Minimates

Fizzle

Really, really cool customs. The smirk on Dr. Spectrum is perfect. And the hair and beard on Tom Thumb look great.

Just make sure you use a 3" 'mate for Redstone. :thumbsup:

I forgot to say that the one I really like is Amphibian; I'd thought about making him, but he's so minor... seeing yours, though, has got me rethinking that. Can I offer a few other ideas, based on my own screwing around deep contemplation?

-if you want to make a masked variant Spectrum, Union Jack's mask works great. But Luke also has a terrific UJ decal on his decal page. Either one looks swell (I actually prefer the masked look, so that's how I made mine). Also, if you want to bring his power prism to life, Psylocke's psychic knife looks really good, though it makes it harder for a hand peg to stay in.

-I like Lady Lark a lot, but something seemed off... then I realized: puffy sleeves!

-Don't forget about Power Princess' shield; the Invisible Woman came with a few that work great (and, if you're looking for one and would like to trade, I think I have an extra).

Again, really nice work. I hope you don't mind the suggestions; they're offered in the spirit of teamwork. :highfive2:

Suggestions and critiques are always welcome, that's why I posted! I have a 3" mate in the fodder bin, but it looked "too big" next to the others when I was contemplating the Redeemers. If I do Redstone I think I'll use the "duck feet" and bulked up chest piece to make him look bigger/taller then Hyperion. I so wanted puffy sleeves for LL but I didn't have any in the fodder bin. But since I eventually broke down and bought stuff to finish off the squad I may have to track some down and fix her up before putting the team on eBay.

I'll take you up on the trade offer for the shield, what are you in need of?

Well, first let me check to make sure I do have an extra, though I'm 95% certain that's the case. I might have an extra pair of puffy sleeves, but that's more doubtful (after all, I'll need a set for my own Lady Lark!). I do know, though, that Luke has AoA Rogue available loose in the Toy Store, and she's all puffed out. :biggrin:

Anyway, my trade list is here. PM me and I'm sure we'll work something out.

I love this era of the SS too, I tried to go with the "this is what they wore at the announcement of the Utopia program/unmasking event". I wasn't going to do Tom Thumb at all, but I had an extra Terrax that was just screaming to be TT's beard, so I ended up with the whole team.

• 2 weeks later...

Fizzle, since you have listed these on eBay, you should know that using Luke's decals on items you are selling is a 'no-no', and he has that stated on the Minimate Factory page.

"Terms: These decals are for personal use only. They are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works license. This means you are not allowed to sell minimates that use these decals. You are free to link to this page, but please do not redistribute these files. By downloading these files you agree that all character copyrights are held by their respective owners, and you will not sell these designs or claim them as your own work."

See, I'm unclear as to why it's "not cool" and all the complaining that goes on around this boards. 1-None of the labels were taken from Luke and used "as is", they were modified into my own originals,much like the labels on his site are changed from original minimates. 2-Luke most likely makes money off of the labels on his site, as I'm sure people buy minimates from him because they're making customs using those labels. 3-If you don't want people to make their own customs for sale, don't offer tools hints and tips on how to make customs on a site where you sell your own customs. As a loooooong time member of this board I'm prepared for the crapstorm this rant will unleash, but thems the facts.

A). Luke makes all of his decal designs from scratch.

B ). By downloading and using his decals, you agreed to his Terms of Use.

C). Modifying his existing decals doesn't make it "yours" to do with as you will.

D). Luke is a generous guy who contributes to the forum and community, and deserved more respect than you gave him. You should have cancelled your auction when you saw his post.

Thems the facts.

Edited by youbastards