UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Avengers Alliance

Squall

yeah.... so - i bought it. Then realised i had 2.

It cost 100,000 silver. I was able to sell it back for 300 :confused:

Looks like i need to look before i leap next time. Oh well.

There's already a 'coming soon' for the next tournament. Who do we think the next PvP prize character will be?

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hhmmmm Havok is a good guess. They've all been x-characters so far, haven't they?

It sure would be nice to see some more Avengers characters. I'd like the chance to win Wasp or Ant-Man.

Just started playing about a week ago, and I'm super addicted. Only finished in the top 21%, so at least I got some gold and silver out of it, hopefully I can finish better in the next season. Just made it to level 20 today and earned enough CP to get Deadpool :biggrin: If anyone wants to add me as an ally that would be cool, this is me if we aren't FB friends already.

As far as new characters, Havok would be awesome, but I'd like to see Iceman.

I was 0.8, put a bunch of time in the last couple days, I was hovering around top 1 to 5% the whole time.

Even though I was closer to winning a character this time, it still feels crappy not getting it. Would top 1% be too much?

Mocking bird kicked my ass nearly every time I fought her, but I didn't really lose that much. I didn't use Ghost Rider, but I was impressed with how much damage he did.

Battles just took a long time because people kept getting revived from Odin's cane or staff or whatever.

I'm eager to try some new characters and get some new costumes. If they do an Avengers Rogue, what class and upgrades do you think she'd have, Bruiser?

It's sorta hard to keep track of all the different items and abilities but I guess that's have the fun.

I'd like to see Black Knight as a new character.

So, Cable is for sale.... and is 135 command points.

I remember Deadpool was showing up at several different prices when he got released to the public. Can i ask if Cable is showing at different prices to anyone else? or is he 135 across the board.

Also - Next PvP character is Punisher. Kinda cool....

I've been farming CPs in Mission 4:4 while finishing up the Spec. Ops and Chapte 10 and have gotten over 300 since Deadpool came out. It's a little boring at times, but when you've beaten everything it doesn't really matter. I got Cable today and was one of the lucky people experiencing the glitch where he does the Coordinated Attack thing and shoots himself instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Cable's easily the most interesting character they've made. I see him a lot in PvP, but I just don't think he's that great. He's easily better than Deadpool for it, but not as good as Psylocke. I think once she's available to everyone, she'll be in most people's PvP teams.

While MMMV was down, I completed one of my goals in MAA-having all characters leveled up to 12:

PvP.jpg

I really thought that would make a difference in how well I did in PvP, but so far it doesn't seem to matter. I got some advice from someone who did well inthe last seasons, adjusted things up a bit and yet am still struggling to stay afloat (and the end is still almost two weeks away). My win rating on defenses is better than last season, but I'm still getting attacked way too much. I really hope they find a way to balance it all somehow because it seems the only way you can make it into the .5% group is to attack all of the time (at least that's what it seems in the level I'm at). Anyone else trying for Punisher?

I'm trying for the new costume. I doubt i'll rank highly enough for punisher. I came up against Psylocke & PF5 Phoenix the other day and was obliterated.

GHog might just be right about Psylocke being the new fave once she's available.

I've got all but 2 of my characters leveled up to 12 (Tigra & Cable)

I'm busy command point farming on 1.1. It's quite dull, but i don't want to miss out on Mocking bird if she ever gets offered again.

At the moment i'm fighting using New Costume Strange (Tactician) PF5 Frost (Tactician) & i'm wearing the scrapper suit, employing the Phoenix Pinion, the SA Pincer, Magnetic Field Generator & Golden Screaming Eagle.

The Pincer gives em a free go, the Screaming Eagle has quite a high damage rate, the pinion is close to impossible to block & the field generator gives protection while also granting additional turns.

I seem to be able to get up reasonably high & hover around 2 or 3%, but i can't get much higher.

Any pointers would eb greatly appreciated :)

Edited by Nessex

The advice I was given for PvP (which makes a lot of sense) is to build a team that the computer AI can't screw up easily. I was using Signpost (a quick-action that gained life) and Fury for counter-attacking and an extra healing bonus on Signpost. Both caused me to lose health just for having them and I realized that the computer doesn't always use quick actions so frequently it would skip it and I'd just e hurting myself. Now I use the Hoarfrost Mace, Quantum Jumper, Coulson's Revenge and Warbound Axe (or whatever). Since then I've done much better and started thinking about what seems to be working for other people. You can either do the same thing and be smarter about it or find a good way to counter what they're doing. Of course, being overwhelmed with attacks while you're away is pretty much unstoppable.

Exciting! I wonder who the "not a hero" will be? Couldn't be Magneto because he's too involved in the Syndicate storyline, maybe another former member of the Brotherhood? Or Danger? Anyways I'm stoked for another X-character and another special op! Maybe it'll be Songbird, that would make me so happy.

Also what characters do you think we'll need for the Epic Boss? I would guess Tigra since she is the newest mass released Hero, I really hope Deadpool isn't required.

Edited by Heroic Slacker

Special Ops 6 is live, Havok is the recruitable hero, collect 8 comic book covers from magnetic lock boxes and Magneto will also be recruitable.

I was surprised to see Dragoness as the boss of the first level, wouldn't mind getting her as a Minimate.

Yellow is the iso-8 color this time around, first research is Pyramidion which takes 8 hours.

Hope the lockboxes won't be too hard to get, I've gotten two covers so far.

For those doing Sp Ops 6, the 17th task is to defeat 10 M-Series Sentinels. Just a couple tips from my bad experience. First, this isn't one of those tasks where you can complete it outside of Sp Ops (even though they appear in other places). Also, you have to defeat 10, but there's only 9 in chapter 3 if you do all of the missions. It's probably smart to defeat one and then abort and restart the chapter. I have learned this the hard way. Overall, the stupid crap like this and the fact you can get duplicate comic covers from the lockboxes has me pretty ticked at this Special Ops (I've gotten 8 comic covers so far and the last four have all been the same freakin' one).

I hear you. I've received 5 or 6 covers now, and have gotten 2 of the same cover twice....

Also - remember when you got Gold for watching one of their video ads? Now it's 1000 silver....... pretty stingey.

Good Glavin!

I've slipped from Diamond League to Silver Leagure over night :(

Looks like there will be no new armour for me. I don't think i'm going to be able to claw my way back to Vibranium in the next 10 minuted.