UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Avengers Alliance

Squall

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deadpool is 112 for me and I finished 1.3% in PVP. Not sure what the correlation is. Also: went to research the Scrapper Power Armor, and it's still locked... is there a Level restriction?

Lastly: why does it seem no one ever plays with/uses Nightcrawler? I was thinking about adding another infiltrator to my roster (already have Kitty and Black Widow) and had my eye on him, but never see him in PVP. Anyone have any feedback on him?

Nightcrawler is in a category of completely useless characters in my book. His best ability seems to be to evade getting hit, yet unless he's attacked by a tactician he doesn't fight back. I've been hoping we see an updated costume of either his X-Force outfit or possibly an AoA version (which I'd love to see a special ops of AoA with someone like Blink or Sabertooth as the new character).

Psylocke doesn't seem very good, but she could be one of those characters where the combination of all their buffs/attacks/etc together could be powerful. Of course, I probably won't be getting her as a reward anyways. But I will definitely work towards getting the rest of the rewards. :)

I am glad I put forth the effort to get Ghost Rider. I really like him. I have my doubts about Valkyrie.

Deadpool is 135 for me, I finished in the top 1%

Man PvP never stops, I hope this is the season I'm finally able to unlock the character, I placed .7% in the last season.

I'm excited about the chance to unlock Psylocke, I just like getting new characters.

PvP has been redone in some ways and from the looks of it I'll have a much bigger advantage as I have all characters (other than Cable) and all but the new ones are levels 11 or 12. So far, I see huge advantages to that, like when my agent's HP starts at over 20k and my opponent is at 12k.

Guh - i know they want to encourage participation in the PvP tournaments and hence use the more popular characters.... but damn - this is 3 characters in row that i'll have to wait on that i really want :(

I know i'm not gonna get in the top .5 this time either.

Well - at least they get made available afterwards.

Deadpool seems ridiculously overpowered over-active at the moment. He's constantly interacting with the game and 'breaking the 4th wall', but i'm not sure if his antics are actually doing anything or if they are just an attempt at humour.

Edited by Nessex

http://marvel.com/news/story/19879/marvel_avengers_alliance_news_bonanza

So, I've connected with Marvel XP and it seems to do nothing to my Alliance account. Anybody know what the announcement is about?

Looks like XP will do stuff in the future but if you play Avengers Initiative you can unlock the Iron Man suit and Mockingbird, glad I didn't spend CP on her during Black Friday.

Well, mission 10 is up now and they've changed mission times a bit also. I'm really wondering if they'll add more chapters eventually or just go with the special ops from now on.

I have to admit it would be cool if they started a new game like this except with the villians instead of heroes.

Well I see Emma Frost is up for 200 cps for the next week. This game sure gets pricey.

With this change in the Bruiser class, I may have to sub in Hercules for Quicksilver now.

And Luke is right about Valkyrie, she is only OK. Ghost Rider is very entertaining to watch like Deadpool.

Tigra doesn't seem good enough to get yet, until the next Spec Ops I'm sure we'll need her.

I like that they are reworking old characters, like suddenly Dr Strange is a top tier.

I don't know how but they can certainly make Luke Cage, Nightcrawler, and Daredevil way way better.

Some have new costumes like Cage and I wonder what Rogue's new costume will give her; she and Witch were my first team.

AOA Nightcrawler would be sweet, but I don't know with it being an Avengers game. Like somebody like Fantomex has powers/abilities made for a game like this but he's more X-Men.

As much as I love X-Men characters, I want a ton of more Avengers in the game. No Hank Pym yet, really? And Vision is basically there already, I'm sure he'd have intangible like Kitty Pryde.

Did anyone win Cable? Any Impressions?

The bruiser improvement is a gamechanger, has anyone altered their teams yet?

I think I'm goin with Hercules and FF Spidey as a Infiltrator.

I love looking at the Heroes screen on PVP to see my levels. I wish I could bring it up on my phone and look at it like a fantasy football lineup.\

*edit* and what about Wolvey? He is such a joke is this game. He must have something big coming.

Edited by WookieFodder

Well I see Emma Frost is up for 200 cps for the next week. This game sure gets pricey.

With this change in the Bruiser class, I may have to sub in Hercules for Quicksilver now.

And Luke is right about Valkyrie, she is only OK. Ghost Rider is very entertaining to watch like Deadpool.

Tigra doesn't seem good enough to get yet, until the next Spec Ops I'm sure we'll need her.

I like that they are reworking old characters, like suddenly Dr Strange is a top tier.

I don't know how but they can certainly make Luke Cage, Nightcrawler, and Daredevil way way better.

Some have new costumes like Cage and I wonder what Rogue's new costume will give her; she and Witch were my first team.

AOA Nightcrawler would be sweet, but I don't know with it being an Avengers game. Like somebody like Fantomex has powers/abilities made for a game like this but he's more X-Men.

As much as I love X-Men characters, I want a ton of more Avengers in the game. No Hank Pym yet, really? And Vision is basically there already, I'm sure he'd have intangible like Kitty Pryde.

Did anyone win Cable? Any Impressions?

The bruiser improvement is a gamechanger, has anyone altered their teams yet?

I think I'm goin with Hercules and FF Spidey as a Infiltrator.

I love looking at the Heroes screen on PVP to see my levels. I wish I could bring it up on my phone and look at it like a fantasy football lineup.\

*edit* and what about Wolvey? He is such a joke is this game. He must have something big coming.

Wait, what was the Bruiser change? I'm away from a computer until tomorrow.

Bruisers now gain Enraged if they hit a Scrapper with an Area attack <LI>Bruisers’ Enraged now increases all stats instead of just Attack and Defense

It doesn't change my game play too much at all, it's just more of an annoyance since I rely on Scrappers mostly.

And I don't have Cable, but have come up against him two or three times in PvP. Everytime I beat him before I even get to see any of his moves, so I'm not that impressed.

With a Wolverine and an X-Men movie coming soon, perhaps they'll do an X version of this game soon. I think there are much more epic storylines to choose from the X-books than there are Avengers ones that could make a much more interesting game.

I'm hovering around 2-3%, though I was in the top .5% for most of the time up until a couple days ago. I wasn't going to get that into this, but with some of the changes I thought it'd be different. I was actually winning a lot of matches I wsasn't playing in, but that changed. It seems to me the stats that really matter are the amount of battles you attack in vs. the amount you end up playing. I've attacked 244 times, yet had 852 battles (I've won 436 times). From the stats I've seen on others, that's way above the average. Statistically, I don't think there's anyway I can place in the top tier if, once again, I participate in way more battles than when I attack. It'd be awesome if they change it sometime to where you can only be the defender in as many battles as you attack in or something.

I was hovering just over 3%, but had to go away for the weekend and am now down to about 6%. I feel like i might actually have a chance at the suit this time - but i don't see myself getting to the top .5%.

Everyone seems to go into battle overdrive in the last day & the fights seem to be a lot more competitive. Last round i won quite a few games towards the last few hours of the comp, but only advanced but fractions of a percent.

Wahoo! I finally ranked high enough to get the new suit. I hardly ever use the blue suit - but i'm still excited.

Did anyone Rank high enough to get Psylocke?

Also - where are our spoils once we've won? I went to equip the new suit, but it's not in my collection of armours?

EDIT: Never mind - found it. Had to 'Research' it... and then buy it :P

Edited by Nessex

Wahoo! I finally ranked high enough to get the new suit. I hardly ever use the blue suit - but i'm still excited.

Did anyone Rank high enough to get Psylocke?

Also - where are our spoils once we've won? I went to equip the new suit, but it's not in my collection of armours?

EDIT: Never mind - found it. Had to 'Research' it... and then buy it :P

You should just have to Research it, Nessex-- hope you didn't buy it on top of it!

I ranked .9%-- teeth gritting as I was down to .6% right before 9PM. :sigh: I don't think I'm ever getting a special character via PvP. Think I'm gonna have to hope and wait for over-priced Psylocke a la Deadpool.

Yeah, hope you didn't buy it either Matt-it's free after the research.

I ended up 5.2%, my worst showing yet. Just too many flaws in their system to be fair and it doesn't look like they'll be changing much, Oh well, at least they can tout how they were one of the top games of 2012 instead of making sure it's enjoyable to people how put time and resources into playing.