UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lineup and Pic of the Heralds of Galactus Now Up

lastweaponmaster

... at the Art Asylum website or http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2011/09/final-heralds-of-galactus-minimates-box-set-line-up-revealed/.

The lineup include Galactus himself, Nova, Morg and Terrax and some nice accessories including a mini Silver Surfer. The 4-pack is scheduled to be released at Toys r Us stores this winter. And they are trying to get the other Heralds like Firelord and Airwalker released as a 2-pack as part of another release.

Some more good looking minimates to look forward to, hopefully, in time for Christmas. At least they are not retreads or remakes of figures previously released.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those look amazing and I can't believe how many new parts are used in this. I can't see this not selling out quickly at the holidays.

Agreed! The new sculpts look fantastic (i.e: Morg's hair and Terrax's beard). Cannot wait to get my hands on these. I've got a very special Tales From The Minibar planned with these guys just in time for the Christmas season. I just hope they are released before then. :ermm:

Love the new 1st release characters (add to the roster), axe accessories, and new sculpts. Will definitely be buying this 2 of these sets.

Only 2 negative things about this set:

The Galactus looks too puny, will be sticking with my MAX statue or Toy Biz Galatus.

Also that Silver Surfer is useless for an Antman, Atom or Wasp custom without heavy rework.

The more cosmic marvel they make, the more money I will give them :)

SECOND! I'm still waiting for a Guardians of the Galaxy boxset to get announced (and with Rocket in UMvC3 maybe it's time...)

Edited by pawcanada

After seeing how awesome Morg looks, I feel so ashamed for not voting for him.

And after hearing a fellow boardie say that, i don't feel so bad for voting for him ;)

Be proud of the service you've done for your community.

SECOND! I'm still waiting for a Guardians of the Galaxy boxset to get announced (and with Rocket in UMvC3 maybe it's time...)

Thirded. Cosmic Marvel is fun fun fun.

The more cosmic minimates get, the happier I get. I didn't know any of these characters except galactus but I searched and found their backstory. I voted for Morg,G,firelord,terrax. I hop they release firelord and airwalker like they said. Now I want guardians of the galaxy. :)

Edited by beta ray bill

These do look good.

I wonder if Big G's hat is removable? And if so, what deco did the put underneath, if any?

Morg, Morg, Morg. Most powerful of the Heralds, yet the least visually interesting. He makes a nice mate and I'm glad to have him, but I didn't vote for him. At the end of the day, he's a red bumpy guy with an axe.

Course I didn't vote for Big G either. I suppose I should call this one little g. The tiny Surfer is really cool, and the mate looks good... but the scale thing is gonna bug me worse on him than it does me on the Sentinels. (but that is just a me thing)

And after hearing a fellow boardie say that, i don't feel so bad for voting for him ;)

Be proud of the service you've done for your community.

Kang stared in Guardians of the Galaxy. While I never cared for him, surely his invovlement with that awesome team should give even more reason for us to have two or three Modern Age GotG boxsets ;)

Course I didn't vote for Big G either. I suppose I should call this one little g. The tiny Surfer is really cool, and the mate looks good... but the scale thing is gonna bug me worse on him than it does me on the Sentinels. (but that is just a me thing)

They don't really work in group displays, but I do love the little-big mates. And he'll look cool next to the Statue of Liberty :)

At least with the Sentinels, we can tell ourselves that they're alternate models or something. I think Lil G looks cool, but, yeah, he won't be paraded with the rest of my 'mates. He deserves his own display anyway.

the first lot of Sentinels weren't much bigger than your average human.

these are nice mates, they're bright, bold, some lovely new pieces... and the mini Surfer has so much potential. I don't know these character though, so won't be buying.

Fourthed (quartered?) I've been on a cosmic kick for a while now, too. I thought GotG was pretty obscure, but the critical acclaim for the recent run and the MU boxset gives me a ray of hope we could see at least a few members of the team. Even just a TRU pack with, say, Starlord and Mantis or Rocket Raccoon would be unbelievably cool. Rocket would be tough to do; you could maybe use the same idea as Boogieman's legs for his, but you'd have to throw scale out the window, as he'd be almost as big as everyone else. I don't think he'd be as fun, though, executed as an unarticulated "accessory" like Lockheed or mini-Surfer.

Edited by Lobsterman

I'm liking this set, even Morg, the herald with male pattern baldness.

As for Rocket Raccoon, I'd love to get him, but have no idea how you could pull him off. Maybe create unique short arms and legs to use with the standard Minimate head & torso? Do it well enough and you could re-use the body for the Red Ghost's Super-Apes, maybe.

Ol' Rocky Raccoon will be a new Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 character. . .if we were to get him, I'd place money on it being with that line.

And after seeing Morg, I feel ashamed for those who did vote for him :verymad:

Nah, he looks a'aight, but like Mirymate said, the very least of the options available IMO from an aesthetic standpoint. If Minimates sold in single packs, this guy would be the equivalent of Zandar from GI Joe, or Captain Cold from DCUC, or Kang from Secret Wars*--a peg-warmer extraordinaire!

* ;)

I don't know these character though, so won't be buying.

I can help with that at least.

I assume everyone knows Galactus, so we'll move on to Heralds.

Terrax the Tamer is the fourth herald we ever met. He started life as Tyros, a hedonistic ruler of one city-state on his world. Galactus chose this little immoral being as his herald, as his last three heralds had all been too moral to lead to him to populated worlds without interference fro their consciences, and that is what lead to their rebellion. Like the Surfer and Firelord, Galactus gave Terrax an object to serve as a focusing element for his power, in this case a huge axe. Galactus certainly didn't have that problem from Terrax. Terrax was good at his new job, providing his new master's with many new worlds, sometimes personally subduing the world before leading Galactus to it. But he began to chafe under being another's servant. He wanted conquest, and twice had to be retrieved by Galactus to be put back to work. In his last rebellion, Terrax came to Earth, took the entire Island on Manhattan into orbit and told the FF to kill Galactus for him, or he'd drop island. Big G had had enough. Despite being weak from hunger, Galactus came to Earth, restored Manhattan, withdrew his "gifts" from Terrax, and then dropped now Tyros from the top of the WTS where they battled. Tyros barely survived the fall, was "rescued" by Dr. Doom, empowered with artificial Power Cosmic and sent to as a weapon against the FF. Things did not go as planned. By the plot's end Tyros fused Doom's armor into a statue trapping him inside, and then destroyed Doom's body as Tyro overloaded and exploded fighting the Surfer.

Terrax was accidentally reformed by an Earth research company, which somehow restored his full cosmic power, and had to be subdued by the Surfer again. Without his axe as a focus, Terrax could no longer reach escape velocity from a world with Earth equivalent gravity, So Surfer dropped him on a lifeless world in an untraveled region of space. But eventually, the Surfer himself frees Terrax to help the other former Heralds defeat Morg. After gaining and losing Morg's axe, Terrax found a new one of his own and went out to find world's to conquer. But lacking great creativity or intelligence, Terrax usually winds up being a powerful pawn in someone else's plan.

Of the 5 choices for the heralds in this set Terrax ranks second in terms of overall power, third if you count the Surfer. He is strongest in the area of earth control powers, capable of effortlessly lifting Manhattan island into space, redirecting entire meteor storms over vast distances, and splitting a planet in half. He also vastly overestimates his own intelligence, and is one of Thanos's favorite pawns.

Nova a little later...