UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Curse of the Mutants

Nessex

in fact can anybody name the last Marvel Minimate character that had anything like a smile on his face....goofy Parker excluded?

Edit: OK... OK... Vampire Jubilee.

the new Green Goblin was pretty pleased with himself, as was Classic Heroic Cap. My favourite recent box set and wave by some distance.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had they based this set on the old X-Men v Vamps story from way back when, with a proper "Tomb of Dracula" Drac I would get this set in a minute...

Oooooo! Now that would rock!!! Redo Classic Colossus, add mustache Dracula, and Classic Storm with optional vamp head and top it off with a green glasses wearing, wooden knife wielding Blade. Now THAT...

That...

that...

would be a total niche set and have a hard time selling to anyone but old time nuts like me. Ah well.

Prime Eight ....priceless,so's that cover :thumbsup:

Hey, I think Sideshow just released a 1:1 scale bust from this series!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=400108&ref=home&new&preorder

Yeah - what is going on with that bust? Looks like IronMan has been hanging with Joan Rivers and gone for one too many cheek-lifts!

Had they based this set on the old X-Men v Vamps story from way back when, with a proper "Tomb of Dracula" Drac I would get this set in a minute...

Oooooo! Now that would rock!!! Redo Classic Colossus, add mustache Dracula, and Classic Storm with optional vamp head and top it off with a green glasses wearing, wooden knife wielding Blade. Now THAT...

That...

that...

would be a total niche set and have a hard time selling to anyone but old time nuts like me. Ah well.

I'd buy a set like that in half a second.

It'd take even LESS time for me to buy a 4-pack with classic "Tomb of" Dracula, Frank Drake, Rachel Van Helsing and Blade. Toss in a TRU exclusive with Taj and Quincy Harker and I'd be there in .003 seconds.

Um... no... nobody mentioned those... hard to imagine why.:whistling:

(Note to self, keep an eye on Dinobutt AND Scorpy)

Oh no, we remember them. We're just waiting on Battle Beasts to mod into them.

I said this a long time ago......

Here's 3 Marvel Kubrick's that are unlikely to make it as Minimates .....Doppelganger,Peter Porker Spider-Ham & Venom- Ham........

post-638-1195760950_thumb.jpg

post-638-1195761032_thumb.jpg

post-638-1195761178_thumb.jpg

Pity really.

Can't speak for about the likely hood of spiders bitten by radioactive pigs making as minimates. That opens up the whole sculpted head vs tampo debate again. But Doppelganger just appeared in the Return of Carnage miniseries with Cletus and Shriek, so with the six arm problem being solved I'd say odds of him showing up are much improved.

I'd rather Morbius, Molten Man, Jackal, and Hammerhead first, but then I am pretty old school.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I just picked up this set. Here's the lowdown.

Blade

• Blade comes with a hole in the top of his head.
  • His ear tampos are not 100% complete. The back of the lobes are missing.
  • His tattoo or hair ends abruptly as well.
  • Under his vest, he is wearing a black tank top. There is no skin detail on top of the chest block or on his back. So it only looks like he's wearing a tank top from the front.
  • His swords came packed in their sheaths and they were stuck in there pretty good. So be careful when taking them out.
  • He comes with a gun, but I think it is actually his serum dispenser as the barrel looks very much like a syringe.

Wolverine

• He looks pretty much like the prototype did except that he comes with an ill fitting mask (remeber the first IM minimate?) And the mask is NOT the short current looking one Wolverine wears. It is rather a repaint of Brown Wolverine's mask with the longer points.
  • He still has the folded down mask accessory.
  • He also comes with a belt accessory, although he doesn't need one as it adds height to the character.

Dracula

• Looks exactly like the prototype. New hairpiece, new body armor / cape, reuse of Viggo's boots and a new sword accessory.

Jubilee

• Looks exactly like her prototype. Nice chest tampo, new hairpiece, no accessories.

My biggest gripe is that 3 of the 4 mates (both sets I bought and my nephew's set) suffer from terrible crotch pieces. I noticed this with my B&W Frankenstein's monster as well. My guess is that the crotch pieces were improperly cast as there is no clearance above the left leg peg. This limits movement of the leg in a terrible way. If you try to pose your minimate in a seated position, the leg juts to the side and wants to come off the peg. This deformity also can cause damage to the top portion of the leg if you try to force it.

I had high hopes for this set, but I'm left feeling more than a little disappointed with the quality control. The fact that basic minimate parts are getting overlooked quality wise has me feeling a little bummed.

Edited by MINI_MYTE