UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zelda will be coming soon. :)

Link and the Big Daddy were for me, but this one was a commission piece:

Mega Man

megaman.jpg

He is based off his look in the PS2 series. The helmet is a modified cerebro helmet, the gun is from a random piece of plastic in my parts drawer, and the chest and boots are sculpey.

Edited by luke314pi

yes, YES, YES! Finally a Megaman... Nice crisp lines there.... :)

lovely lovely stuff. :lol:

I will never get enough of Megaman Minimates. That property is tailor made for the mate' form . Nice work there (and nice choice of MM X. While im a fan of Rockman.exe , Megaman X is the Megaman design that all other designs should strive for).

I have plans for a variation or hybrid of the X and EXE design myself.

Luke, do Kirby and Meta Knight fit into your plan? As an expert, do you think that you can pull those two off.

Oh, and you should make a Battlefield stage for your SSB mates :biggrin:

And flipping through yor website, I found that I love that puppetmaster mostly because that Thing puppet rocks.

Edited by Trekker 42

Luke, do Kirby and Meta Knight fit into your plan? As an expert, do you think that you can pull those two off.

Oh, and you should make a Battlefield stage for your SSB mates :biggrin:

Kirby definitely does. Meta Knight would come later. A battlefield state is a great idea! :)

Thanks guys!

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my Indiemates Contest entry: Groo the Wanderer

groo.jpg

I'm not sure how many people here know Groo, but he has been my favorite indie characters for many years. I have always wanted to have a minimate of him. His body and hair are super sculpey. I'm not sure where his swords are from, they were floating around in my parts bin. The sheath on his back is from a LOTR minimate. Originally I had his chest straps painted on, but they didn't look right, so I sculpted them on. Also, his proportions seemed off since his legs are so stick-like in the comics, so I sanded down the sides of his legs to make them slightly thinner. I am very happy with how he turned out.

I finished up two more customs. First up is Ord of the Breakworld, from Astonishing X-Men. This is from his appearance early in the series, before Lockheed burnt his face. The armor pieces are either milliput or cut from pieces of plastic. His gloves are from apocalypse.

ord.jpg

Next up is The Gunslinger, Roland Deschain, from Stephen King's Dark Tower series. He is mostly a quick custom, using parts from the recent Clint Eastwood mates. I did give him a repainted long brown coat. I also changed his facial expression to match what I pictured Roland looking like in the books. This custom is not based off the new Marvel Dark Tower series, but rather the image of Roland I have in my head. Strange, I know. :D

gunslinger.jpg

Edited by luke314pi

Here are a few new ones:

Mantis:

mantis.jpg

Kang (improved over my old one):

kang.jpg

And a new robo-mate, The Actuator:

actuator1.jpg

actuator2.jpg

For those who don't remember my robo-mates, they are all cobbled together from broken electronics laying around my office. I named this one The Actuator, because he is made from some pieces of a broken external hard drive, as well as pieces from many other things. In cased you missed the older ones, they are Mouse, Cache, Ethernet, F-Lock, and Fuzz Buster.

Jeez! Those robo-mates are, quite possibly, the most creative things I've ever seen. I'm seriously in awe. You've got some major artistic genius goin' on (I'm not kidding).

Love the Kang, too!

...Pheh. There's someone reading this right now who registered him/her/itself as "robomate"... :P