UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Harry Potter kubricks

buttheadsmate

Having never purchased a single Kubrick, are the hair-pieces removeable, and if so, are the compatible with 'mates?

Hair pieces on most are removable, but some have the hair/hat sculpted on. Possible that old man magician (Dumbledork or something?) and fat guy have fully sculpted heads.

But yeah, they aren't really compatible with Minimates (too big) so that's probably a moot point if you are looking to use them with Minimates.

Edited by karamazov80

That's too bad. I would have loved more Harry Potter minimates.

Yeah I would have loved to have any at all. I mean did you see that epic huge post I made in the movie minimates wish thread? This is depressing... :(

No kubrick licence is ever likely to affect a Minimate licence because generally licences are granted for kubricks to be sold in Japan. Despite the fact that kubricks are widely available they are not officially retailed outside of Japan ,the same can be said of Minimates in respect to their sale in the USA 'only'. In a nutshell.... just because HP kubricks have been announced it doesn't shut the door on HP Minimates.

However.....it is ominous that the recent Disney & Pixar kubrick re-releases have been distributed in the USA by a company known as DIAMOND COMIC DISTRIBUTORS .....heard of them ? :ermm:

Having never purchased a single Kubrick, are the hair-pieces removeable, and if so, are the compatible with 'mates?

Hair pieces on most are removable, but some have the hair/hat sculpted on. Possible that old man magician (Dumbledork or something?) and fat guy have fully sculpted heads.

But yeah, they aren't really compatible with Minimates (too big) so that's probably a moot point if you are looking to use them with Minimates.

Oh come on, you must be trolling because you're so close XD It's Dumbledore.

Forget about these, I'm more interested in the Spongebob Kubrick.

• 3 weeks later...

Reading through that forum a bit, it seems that some Kubrick fans are not very supportive of minimates. BHM, is there some sort of "imagined animosity" or competition in the minds of Kubrick collectors against minimates? I'm just curious.

It's just like Minimate fans here vilify Kubricks from time to time. The figures are so different, that folks tend to like one over the other, and tend to write off the other as garbage. My impression is that some Kubrick fans think Minimates aren't real "collectibles," or that they aren't "classy" somehow, and that their articulation is actually a bad thing because it makes them resemble Hasbro type toys. Minimate fans typically think Kubricks are ugly and lack playability. Some truth to both I suppose, but both sides tend to over-exaggerate things. Both lines have great figures, and stinkers. Kubricks do tend to be rarer (particularly certain lines and chases) and do cater more to hardcore collectors over younger kids and casual collectors. Plus, they have more licenses, and they do sculpted figures better than Minimates. But Minimates are generally better in every other way :)

K80 really said all there is to be said . I'm just a lurker on jedidefender ,I have posted a couple of times but TBH I just find the content boring. They mainly go on about Star Wars kubricks which isn't that surprising being a Star Wars based forum which isn't much good to me because I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan . The series that I just love is the Evangelion range,they've just released two new waves which are simply stunning ...I have absolutely no bloody idea what they're meant to be but the colours ,quality & innovation are breathtaking.

I straddle both camps by collecting kubricks & Minimates & little else but there is a definite rivalry which is similar to the 'brand' rivalry that exists with most everything else these days......most of which is nonsense . An example would be cars ....Ford or GM ,Mitsubishi or Subaru, Mercedes or BMW blah blah blah .......I actually love my Mitsubishi but it doesn't stop me respecting that Subaru in my rear-view mirror ;)

• 6 months later...

I cant wait to se pics of Sirius he is one of my favrite characters

I cant wait to se pics of Sirius he is one of my favrite characters

Siriusly?

siriusly :)

Im a fan of the Order in general.

• 3 weeks later...