UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates 7

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking 100% of the proceeds should go to charity this year. The percentage donated to the Multiverse has always been a big help, but the site is cruising along on funds generated from the banner ads. I figure if all proceeds go to charity, maybe we can lure in some customizers that do not normally work within the Minimate medium AND get more money to the selected charity. Just a thought.

Just do it all! Victorian era PD figures pulled into the 1950's as forgotten Cold War super heroes!

...Yeah, that didn't even sound good in my head.

No, wait, I think you're onto something – the League of Anachronistic Military Inferiority! Frozen Vikings defrosted and conscripted into the French Foreign Legion! Civil War mounted cavalry soldiers sucked through time to fly helicopters in Vietnam!

Along the lines of what jcastick and Punisher have suggested what about a historical figure/forgotten superhero mash-up? You could have characters like Albert Einstein as Atomic-Man and Rosa Parks as The Equalizer! This would also allow the more ambitious customizers to make two customs: one in costume and one in civilian clothing. We can call it:

Charitymates 7: Historical Heroes

...or even 'The Past Is Super!"

I think whatever it is it should be something that inspires several customs. Last years customs were awesome, but for some reason didn't strike a cord as much as the previous year (the year before had 2-3 times as many customs). Something like superheroes or zombies is pretty wide reaching and might not be as intimidating since there's so many pre-existing parts that can be used by the casual customizer, plus the character selection isn't limited to something that actually exists. Just my $.02 worth.

I think I agree w/ this in regards to picking a theme. Robots and Fighting Game characters were open to all types of skill levels and the possibilities were pretty much limitless, quite a few members contributed more than one figure as well, which helped. More entries = more money.

I agree that it's best to pick a big, general theme like superheroes and let people figure out how to fit their interests in there. Some of the narrower ideas that have been suggested sound pretty cool, and I'd love to see what people come up with, but I probably wouldn't have any ideas myself.

If we're looking for a wide-open topic, how about the alphabet? Customizers pick their letter and are free to represent that letter any way they choose - from simply having the letter on a Minimate chest, to replacing the head of the Minimate with the actual letter, to painting the Minimate as an object that starts with that letter (your letter is Q, so you paint a Minimate in a quilt pattern). Lots of options for a lot of different skill levels.

If we're looking for a wide-open topic, how about the alphabet? Customizers pick their letter and are free to represent that letter any way they choose - from simply having the letter on a Minimate chest, to replacing the head of the Minimate with the actual letter, to painting the Minimate as an object that starts with that letter (your letter is Q, so you paint a Minimate in a quilt pattern). Lots of options for a lot of different skill levels.

Dibs on 'P' post-638-0-47071800-1364552715_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Steampunk, Historic Superheroes, Alternative History: YAY!

Alphabet: Meh.

Boyd, although I think the basic idea is pretty cool, it's a little too generic for such a thing, I guess. But I could imagine "some" costomizer doing a whole A-Z series like that. tongue.png

Although I do like the looks of a lot of steam punk stuff, I'm not sure I'm into this idea. I'll give it a go, but would rather just do a golden age type superhero, or public domain type character. Just my two cents, and I'll side with the majority, for the greater good of the charity

Along the lines of what jcastick and Punisher have suggested what about a historical figure/forgotten superhero mash-up? You could have characters like Albert Einstein as Atomic-Man and Rosa Parks as The Equalizer! This would also allow the more ambitious customizers to make two customs: one in costume and one in civilian clothing. We can call it:

I really like this idea, I'd definitely be up for this theme.

I really like this idea, I'd definitely be up for this theme.

I second that notion, it implements both golden age heroes or the possibility of steampunk heroes (I call Tesla)

Edited by undeadpool