UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 11

Lurch77

Wave 11 is:

- Fantomex / Mr Negative (TRU Exclusive)

- Betsy Braddock / Nightcrawler (TRU Exclusive)

- Wave 41 Bulky Hulk / Iron Man

- Wave 41 Green Goblin / Unmasked Spider-Man

Pix from Toyfair 2011

(Credit to DIO for some of the pix! :thumbsup:)

toy_fair_20110213_1972768331.jpg

IMG_7281.jpg

IMG_7282.jpg

IMG_7283.jpg

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing that really bothers me about Betsy is that the arms look freaky, like they were taken from another figure and stuck on that body. Not sure what else they could have done given that it seems accurate to her comic look, but still. . .

Betsy just looks like she's missing a jacket or trench coat. And well, at least I can get an Excalibur Nightcrawler replacement as mine has a crappy leg paint app. It just dawned on me now that it's the same exact Nightcrawler. And for some reason, Mr. Negative is looking better than last time. I dropped Uncanny X-Force so my stock rating on Fantomex has sunk but is still welcomed to finish off the team.

Betsy just looks like she's missing a jacket or trench coat. And well, at least I can get an Excalibur Nightcrawler replacement as mine has a crappy leg paint app. It just dawned on me now that it's the same exact Nightcrawler. And for some reason, Mr. Negative is looking better than last time. I dropped Uncanny X-Force so my stock rating on Fantomex has sunk but is still welcomed to finish off the team.

Wait wait wait....are you trying to tell me you STOPPED reading Uncanny X-Force? That's easily the best book I've read in years. I stopped reading at the end of Siege due to lack of interest then this series pulled me back in with avengance. Sooooo good, plus Issue 4 is already a 25 dollar book, woot woot.

Only thing that really bothers me about Betsy is that the arms look freaky, like they were taken from another figure and stuck on that body. Not sure what else they could have done given that it seems accurate to her comic look, but still. . .

I think that that is because of her pink balls (stop that sniggering at the back)& the way she's been posed. The 'paint cost' admission recently by Chuck has really started to bug me with many 'mates obviously feeling the pinch....I of course appreciate that this is a promo .

I agree. The "puffy at the top" arms have bothered me since they showed the prototypes. Slip over pieces with a better color palette would greatly help this figure.

Agreed. I don't know if anybody has ever mentioned it before, but have you ever noticed how the right puffy arm always sticks out further than the left arm when pegged on the torso block of a minimate. Shadowcat has this, 90's Storm has this as does AoA JG, AoA Rogue and Shatterstar. Fortunately each of the previous mates mentioned have some type of upper torso accessory that blocks the view of the arm pegs. Psylocke will be the first mate that lacks that type of accessory. I think DST should use the typical MM arm and have some type of puffy forearm accessory.

Wait wait wait....are you trying to tell me you STOPPED reading Uncanny X-Force? That's easily the best book I've read in years. I stopped reading at the end of Siege due to lack of interest then this series pulled me back in with avengance. Sooooo good, plus Issue 4 is already a 25 dollar book, woot woot.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

As much as I wanted to like the book due to its roster, it just wasn't my cup of tea. I might still follow in trades but I'm glad there's other people still enjoying it. The Dark Archangel storyline sounds interesting. Too bad there couldn't be a Fantomex spaceship in the MAX line. I was randomly thinking of that while I was reading issue 4.

• 3 weeks later...
Potentially dumb question, but is this Nightcrawler any different from the one that comes with the Excalibur box set?

Not that i can tell, which doesn't really make him exclusive. Although - i think TRU gets around it by saying that the '2-Pack' is exclusive. I hope he comes with a rapier or something at least a little different. . .

I hope that TRU wave 11 sign with the "July 2011" release date is true. I need that Hulk so my Thing doesn't feel out of place, like, yesterday.

Except, then, my Red Hulk, Skaar & Abomination will feel out of place. :confused:

Very true. But with Red Hulk and Abomination I can see being bigger. I actually kinda like Skaar being a little smaller than Hulk, though, since he's his son.

It's weird and poopy to me, though, because not having the updated Hulk yet means there's a weird gap in my collection of "Main Characters".