UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MMMV C2E2 Meetup thread

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love a UK meet-up if one were organised but I'm not much of an organiser these days.

Are you bringing the pony?

What are the UK numbers like on this forum? Is there many of us? :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a Chi-town native, I would love to meet my fellow versers but have really lost interest in the cons as of late (although c2e2 is surrounded by positive buzz) Maybe you folks are up for a dinner meet up at the end of the day?

Same. They've just become stressful, drama-filled work. I'm taking this year off.

If dinner's in the suburbs, sure. Driving to McCormick Place defeats the purpose of "not going to the con" for me. I've already got plenty of friends trying to convince me, and it's just not gonna happen.

458345.gif

Hey, look, the C2E2 panel schedule just got posted.

And look what's scheduled for 1:30 - 2:30 on Saturday: Minimates Turn 10: Small Toys, Big Plans! starring Chuck and Zach! Panel description is as follows:

Some of the team behind the popular Minimates line are here to unveil new products and answer your questions about the 2-inch, fully articulated mini-figures! From Marvel's Avengers to the Walking Dead to Battle Beasts, Diamond Select Toys Director Chuck Terceira and Marketing Supervisor Zach Oat will share insider info about all of their upcoming lines, as well as submit to a Q&A session and debut the next stop-motion animated Pirate Raiders movie! Plus, there'll be a Minimates prize drawing at the end of the panel!

As will I. Should we start planning our "We Want Kang" chants now?

If ppl are going to do some sort of Kang demonstration I would go for something with humour to get it across. An idea that crosses is my mind is a Kang styled mask minimate mask that could be designed and upload here then ppl could print it out themselves on some A4 cardstock or stiff paper. Then they could be worn at the Minimate room so the panel looks out and sees Kang looking back.

Maybe print out a few more to give out to ppl or leave on the Minimate table along with cookies

As will I. Should we start planning our "We Want Kang" chants now?

If ppl are going to do some sort of Kang demonstration I would go for something with humour to get it across. An idea that crosses is my mind is a Kang styled mask minimate mask that could be designed and upload here then ppl could print it out themselves on some A4 cardstock or stiff paper. Then they could be worn at the Minimate room so the panel looks out and sees Kang looking back.

Maybe print out a few more to give out to ppl or leave on the Minimate table along with cookies

Nah, I wasn't really serious about a Kang protest. Chuck and Zach know what we want by now - a protest isn't going to make any difference.

Bribes, however, those might work.

Diamond has a new post on their site with details about C2E2 and showing off their snazzy new Minimate 10th Anniversary logo.

Looks like they will be giving away free Minimate posters each day, as well as a top-secret Minimates giveaway every day when the show opens. They also promise the following: "There will even be a certain special something given out with each Minimate, but you’ll have to show up to find out what it is!"

Well, I'm throwing this out there. There's a strong chance my grandfather may let me use his place in Chicago to crash at, and there will be plenty of room, albeit a little spare. if people are concerned about shelling out hundreds of dollars for hotel accommodations, we're doing the hostel thing. All are welcome; men, women, families, hobos, brits.

Looks like they will be giving away free Minimate posters each day, as well as a top-secret Minimates giveaway every day when the show opens. They also promise the following: "There will even be a certain special something given out with each Minimate, but you'll have to show up to find out what it is!"

As illogical as it sounds, when I hear announcements like this, the truly paranoid part of my brain says "They're going to make Kang as a free give away figure and you'll never get one cause you can't go!" (hey, I'm on medication for a reason folks)

Looks like they will be giving away free Minimate posters each day, as well as a top-secret Minimates giveaway every day when the show opens. They also promise the following: "There will even be a certain special something given out with each Minimate, but you'll have to show up to find out what it is!"

As illogical as it sounds, when I hear announcements like this, the truly paranoid part of my brain says "They're going to make Kang as a free give away figure and you'll never get one cause you can't go!" (hey, I'm on medication for a reason folks)

That's what your Twilight Zone episode would be, isn't it?

"It's... it's not fair.... IT'S NOT FAIR!"