UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 9

CortherX

I finally had a chance to check out a few TRUs I dont normally get to and managed to pick up Magik/Warlock and Wolvie/Magneto. Mag's "dark" head was almost impossible to get on and his feet are really, really loose. Anyone else having these problems? Another thing that bugs me is I lost Wolvies hood piece. It must have fallen off while I was checking him out in the car. It must have fallen out when I got out... First Minimate part Ive ever lost. :(

My Magneto's "dark" head is impossible to get on. :(

Heat up the the head piece in near boiling water. I have a near boiling water tap on my sink. It worked perfectly. Slides right on.

Edited by Hawkeye's Junk

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally had a chance to check out a few TRUs I dont normally get to and managed to pick up Magik/Warlock and Wolvie/Magneto. Mag's "dark" head was almost impossible to get on and his feet are really, really loose. Anyone else having these problems? Another thing that bugs me is I lost Wolvies hood piece. It must have fallen off while I was checking him out in the car. It must have fallen out when I got out... First Minimate part Ive ever lost. :(

My Magneto's "dark" head is impossible to get on. :(

Heat up the the head piece in near boiling water. I have a near boiling water tap on my sink. It worked perfectly. Slides right on.

I'll give it a shot. Thanks, HJ! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

My Toys R Us is full of Wave 9 and the latest Wave 11. I haven't bought minimates in awhile and decided to pick up the new Green Goblin/Spider-Man, Wolverine/Magneto and the Heroes and Adversaries 4 pack (Spider-Man, Venom, Wolverine and Deadpool).

All of them were fine except for the Wave 9 Brown Wolverine and Magneto set I bought. I looked through a bunch that had awful paint jobs on the Wolverine masks and found the perfect one. I open it up and the Wolverine mask would NOT budge or come off. Like wise Magneto's gauntlets wouldn't rotate almost like they were glued to his arms. So I try the old heat and pop method on both, nada. It warped Magneto's arms and made them sticky and the heat put little warps on my Wolverine mask. I tried to gently pry Wolverine's mask off with an x-acto knife and cut part of his mask off and sliced my thumb.

So much for that perfectly painted Wolverine mask. I should have left it alone.

I went back to TRU and it looks like all the sets have been relocated. Now there's a shit ton of Marvel vs. Capcom crap.

Since when has Art Asylum minimates had QC issues? Almost all the ones I've owned have had zero issues. Now, after a few years of not buying them I have a crappy Wolverine, Magneto and a Venom that didn't have any claw hands.

I really wanted this Brown Wolverine and Magneto set too. Damn.

Edited by DiFabio

Customer service is definitly lacking zach... for 3 months I emailed pictures of a bad excalibur set I got I also sent in a email through the art asylum page and on facebook and no one ever bothered to send me one reply.... I'm a loyal customer too so it sucks when this is the service one gets

Can I add to that that I just got a reply from Chris at DST about replacing a bad UM Bride of Frankenstein, but he's mentioned before to just e-mail him directly. I say that to say someone is listening. I wouldn't give up hope yet, although the e-mail I piggy-backed the request on was one from back at NYCC where he offered some help after the con and then I never heard back.

DST/AA Customer Service has always been hit or miss for me. I've given up emailing about replacement parts, and just buy another set. :unsure:

I will say that I was pleasantly surprised when they sent me some Rocky hairpieces a few months ago. I emailed asking if they were still available, never got a response, but they showed up in the mail out of the blue one day. :thumbsup:

Last year I kept e-mailing the normal e-mail and never got a response so on a day we had a live chat with Chuck I pm'd him here knowing he'd be on the board. A few hours later just so happened to have an answer from my e-mails from Chris. He said that you should always use the DST contact e-mail so I would recommend trying that one and not the one on AA (or just posting on Facebook). There's more to the story than that, but I'll say that in general I feel like Chris cares and is trying to take care of requests, but seems busy with other parts of the business. I'm sure someone else will probably chime in here with more in-sight than me, but I thought I'd share since I've spoken with him several times.

Didn't we at one point have a thread specifically for DST Customer Service problem, or at least venting about them when they do occur? (which apparently is so infrequent the thread had disappeared)

Nice work, fellow Kadre-er!

You get your MMMV Archivist merritt badge, which looks like a stitched version of NR's avatar.

If you buy any product & something is missing/broken/defaced then you have every reason to ask the supplier to put things right. Having said that I have some sympathy with DST because it's not like they are some huge conglomerate with piles of Minimates/pieces ready to send out..... although seeing the piles of Minimate pieces at SDCC for the 'build-a-figure' contest might contradict that theory ;) One idea that I have had is that maybe someone (here?) could ,independently of DST,become a Parts Master. Somebody passionate enough about Minimates could organise a system whereby he/she could provide spare parts to whomever requires them ,you receive the email request....you get the part in the post,simple enough? The Parts Master might in return receive a complimentary set of each Minimate pack from DST as & when they are released & be expected to service ALL requests for parts from this inventory, including the shipment to any US address. The Parts Master would be able to correlate all the QC info whilst being in a position whereby any abuse of the system would be quite quickly detected if Mrunluckyheadsmate continually requests 'Howard the Ducks slip-on beak' . This would cost DST a few hundred dollars each year so it's not cheap but if it worked it would remove a huge burden & the unnecessary ill-feeling that unrequited emails might cause .....a few hundred dollars that would be well-spent IMO. What does the Parts Master get in return for receiving the requests,correlation ,expidition & shipping which again isn't easy or cheap ? The Parts Master will have a supply of Minimate parts that would make grown men weep with joy ..... a customiser's dream ,whilst the eventual rewards for DST would be immense .

The quid pro quo of my rather simplistic idea is enormous & I don't profess that my humble idea isn't without obvious problems but it could work if the rough edges were worn off.

For the record I will not be putting my name forward for the job :tongue:

If you specifically ask for a replacement part, and aren't just reporting a problem, Chris does his darnedest to track it down, even if he doesn't have time to e-mail everybody and tell them he's doing so. With the number of products we offer, and the number of parts involved and the relatively small size of our company, customer service is a tough job -- and it's not Chris's only job, either. Granted, some TRU stuff we may not have a lot of extra inventory of, but we keep a lot of parts around. The Build-a-Mate bins are mostly older stuff, but if you ever have a problem with an older pack, stop by the booth at a con (or send a friend), and I'll try to locate something for you when the booth isn't so busy. (I may say come back tomorrow.)

Otherwise, e-mail customerservice@diamondselecttoys.com, and give Chris a few month or so to send something out.

Edited by Zach Oat

• 2 weeks later...