UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 8 - FF!

minijeff

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone notice that TRU.com has now imposed purchase limits of "2 per customer" for the exclusive FF Minimates?

I really hope this isn't going to be a trend going forward, especially for our overseas collectors that depend on the generosity of US members. :angry:

I think it's your fault for all those Namor/Atlantean Soldier packs you ordered!

I found the nonshortpacks yesterday in Memphis, TN.

At the Wolfchase TRU? I was out there today and found lots of Stiltman and Crimson Dynamo sets. It was a bit of a let down.

I was able to get the last one of the non-shortpacked FF ones. One Reed/Doom and one Torch/Thing. Other than that it was nothin' but the same stuff you saw for Marvel. They had the nonshortpacks for the Universal stuff too, but I left behind a couple of those a piece after getting what I wanted.

The Universal sets were gone too. Ah well. There's a new TRU opening on Winchester near 385, so hopefully that will make the hunt a little easier in the future. In the mean time, it looks like TRU.com is my friend.

Still haven't seen any in stores.

Got my 4 Namor/Atlantean Soldier packs from the website yesterday (they're now out of stock online).

One friend is sending me 2 more & Sue/Mole Man, another is sending me another Atlantean Soldier (but keeping the Namor).

So, if I don't find them & they go out of stock online, I'll need the Reed/Doom & Johnny/Ben packs, and I'd like 3 more Atlanteans, since more than that many people here have passed them up in stores already. I currently need 1 more Modern Mandarin sash belt, and if I can meet my limit of 10, I'll need 3 more (and, would actually like the Dreadnaughts, as well). I currently need 7 Lady Loki feet pairs & boot tops, and again, blah blah blah need 3 more. If anyone can help with any of that, please PM me.

I also have 4 Namors for sale or trade, if anyone's interested (I'm keeping one, and hooking up yet a third friend with the other). Again, blah blah will have 3 more, etc. ad infinitum.

:lol:

Edited by TENIME_art

Did anyone notice that TRU.com has now imposed purchase limits of "2 per customer" for the exclusive FF Minimates?

I really hope this isn't going to be a trend going forward, especially for our overseas collectors that depend on the generosity of US members. :angry:

So is this "2 per customer" rule JUST for TRU Marvel wave 8 or all minimates at TRU.com? Or was it just imposed on the dwindling stock of Marvel wave 8?

Got my F4 minimates in the mail today. I was thinking as I headed to my local TRU today that it would be my luck that they would have them now that I ordered them, but...nope. No Marvel Minimates at all. They did get in the wave 2 re-release of Ghostbusters and finally found the Stealth Jet from the MAX line.

Man the Thing is fugly. Otherwise the other figures are pretty good. Nice to have updated F4 team members... Now where's our updated Juggernaut and Rhino?

Found all of them today. The only one I didn't pick up was the Namor 2-pack as I prefer the "swimming-trunks" version of him.

I agree that Thing is the worst of the bunch. He's much better with the normal black boots, though. He'll do until wave 37 Thing hits.

I also noticed that recent Minimates have been having trouble with loose feet. Thing and Sue's left feet keep falling out. <_<

I love these guys, though. It's great to finally have the Fantastic Four with my other Marvel mates.

Also, count me in for an updated Juggernaut and Rhino. They desperately need it. :lol:

Edited by Brad Redfield

With the Mole Man I decided to make another villain. I was really thankful we finally got him (and hope we get a long-shot Moleoid at some point) and started looking for ways to put together a Captain Cold minimate without the use of painting or sculpting as they aren't my strong point. I thought I'd post it here since Moley came in this set. Hope nobody minds!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3377...amp;id=70302941

Mole Man head

Moon Knight hood

Black Cat collar (Spidey Friends and Foes set)

Thanos torso and crotch (Infinity Gauntlet set)

Captain (Shazam) Marvel belt

Mystique legs/hands

Mystique arms/hands

1st Appearance Dr. Doom holster/gun

I'm shocked we haven't seen this yet, but anyone with a Marvel Universe Galactus mind sharing a pic of him with these??

I plan on waiting for the Ultimate Alliance repaint, but i think he'll look amazing next to the new F4 either way. :)

Anyway, i've had my set for about a week now and absolutely adore them. Of corse, it figures i'd order them after realizing my TRU is clogged to death with Iron Man Comic Waves, Iron Man 2 waves, and now Ghostbusters on te same peg since i figured they'd never make it in anytime soon, and the very next day after getting my package i check and they got them in. <_< thank you irony.

With the Mole Man I decided to make another villain. I was really thankful we finally got him (and hope we get a long-shot Moleoid at some point) and started looking for ways to put together a Captain Cold minimate without the use of painting or sculpting as they aren't my strong point. I thought I'd post it here since Moley came in this set. Hope nobody minds!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3377...amp;id=70302941

Mole Man head

Moon Knight hood

Black Cat collar (Spidey Friends and Foes set)

Thanos torso and crotch (Infinity Gauntlet set)

Captain (Shazam) Marvel belt

Mystique legs/hands

Mystique arms/hands

1st Appearance Dr. Doom holster/gun

That is a really nice quick custom. I've been looking to make more Flash rogues myself, so I might have to steal...er, borrow that formula. It's definitely recognizable as Captain Cold.

Edited by hellpop

I'm shocked we haven't seen this yet, but anyone with a Marvel Universe Galactus mind sharing a pic of him with these??

I compared them to my ML Galactus and it didn't work out for me. Block figures and more realistic sculpts just don't go together in my book. They work great with my MinimateMax Galactus though. Too bad I don't have the space to display him properly.

I wish I had the Minimate Maxes... :(

I've found that the F4 Mates don't look to bad next to a Galactus Might Mugg - and it's a slightly cheaper option for those of us who can't afford the Max.

I wish I had the Minimate Maxes... :(

I've found that the F4 Mates don't look to bad next to a Galactus Might Mugg - and it's a slightly cheaper option for those of us who can't afford the Max.

I like this idea, have always thought Muggs are 'blocky' to go quite well with mates, I've got an Anti-Monitor custom thats been sitting half finished on my computer for the best part of a year. Shame they're not a little taller.

my dear ole Mum gave me a set of the MAX statues for x-mas one year and it stopped me from picking up on the Mighty Mugg Galactus fig but I always thought he would be a great option for minimates displays, should have picked one up when I had the chance

I finally found these in Jackson, TN (no shortpacks) and in Memphis, TN (with shortpacks). I'm looking forward to opening these. One thing I noticed in photos and in the plastic is that Johnny ends up looking like he has a goatee the way the neck cavity in the bottom of his head lines up with his mouth. It's kinda funny.