UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

youbastards' customs - ALIEN Ripley & EFNY Snake Plissken [01-21-2015]

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of big updates that I've been waiting to finish for a while now.

One of my all-time favorite Marvel characters is Iron Fist. Here are some updated 'mates using a combincation of clear waterslide decals and official DST parts.

Modern Iron Fist:

modernironfist1.jpg

Modern Iron Fist (with alternate parts):

modernironfist2.jpg

Sparring practice Danny Rand:

dannyrand.jpg

Orson Randall, the previous Iron Fist:

orsonrandall.jpg

I'm quite proud of these 'mates. Fist's a favorite character that hasn't been done justice by DST and I really love the way they turned out. Hopefully, we'll get an official DST update soon, but I'll always enjoy having these in my collection. doubt we'll ever see DST produce an Orson Randall figure, though.

And for waterslide decal users, the clear paper decals are a lot more frustrating than the white paper decals. I found that once you apply the decal, it may not adhere to the Minimate, even after letting it sit for a full 24 hours. A trick that I found is to apply the decal, work out any air bubbles and remove any excess water from the decal. Then, immediately spray it with a light clearcoat. After 1/2 hour, the decal was adhered perfectly and I was able to manipulate the Minimates without affecting the decals. :thumbsup:

Edited by youbastards

Nice updates on those minimates. I much prefer the yellow amulet on White Tiger then the jade in my eyes its that little bit better.

The Iron Fists are cool as well. I'm surprised there hasn't been an updated official one as there are a few variations of the green costume for them to do as well as I think a red version and in one of the Avengers comics out now I think I spotted a white/gold one.

Your iron fists are all great, especially Orson Randall. He looks spot on!

I really like that you've gone to the effort of making Pete Wisdom too! Before reading your post, As soon as i saw the image, i knew what you were going for. I think you've conveyed him very well.

• 3 weeks later...

burn baby burn!! awsome work he friggin huge

Thanks everyone, he has been over a month in the making. I wanted to show something at the Custom chat last week, but he just wasn't ready to show off yet.

Man-Thing is comprised of Minimate parts, with the arms and legs modified to twice their normal length. The hands are Cylon hands attached to the wrist piece that came with 90's Beast.

The vines are hemp twine glued at various points and dry brushed multiple colors.

He has 2 standard chest pieces, one on top of the other, and the lower piece had the arm balljoints removed. I used the new Creature powerhouse chest and feet.

His face tendrils, hunchback, and upper-arms are Apoxie Sculpt, and he's covered in green flocking.

Eyes are 2 5mm glass beads, glued to a minimate head.

...yes, I flocked my Man-Thing!... :ermm:

Edited by youbastards