UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 36 new pic

battlecat

I already emailed DST Customer Service about this and I just submitted the following to the Ask DST Q&A:

"Chuck,

A lot of Minimate collectors are experiencing considerably increased factory errors over the last few releases. There have always been the occasional "2 right arms" scenarios, but with the release of the new Wave 36, of the 5 packs I opened, 4 of the Minimates had factory errors.

- Classic Mandarin (variant) had 2 entire right arm/hand assemblies

- Neo Classic Iron Man was missing a shoulder pad

- Silver Centurion has a red oily substance on his face (others are reporting this on MMMV) and one of the boots didn't get the metallic red paint.

- Stilt-Man had 2 right arms.

As you can see, that is pretty frustrating, 40% of my Minimates of this wave are defects.

I have submitted an email to the DST Customer Service department, but as many others on MMMV are reporting, we aren't getting responses back in regards to our inqueries.

Between this problem, and the paint issues with the recent Spider-Man Friends & Foes set, I feel DST needs to spend more time with quality control on the Minimate line.

Please take these concerns seriously, it's these types of consistent problems that could eventually drive away your most dedicated consumers.

As always, thank you for your time and for the Q&A.

-Justin"

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried using Goo Gone and even watered down nail polish remover on SCIM's red blotches to no avail. If anybody can come up with a non damaging paint remover, please feel free to share your suggestion.

Does anyone know if the first appearance mandarin comes with any accessories or not

Nope, no extra accessories.

thanks

Mine had one shoulder pad too... I didn't notice until after I opened the pack.

I'll have to shoot DST's customer service an email, probably on Tuesday.

T.

Mine had one shoulder pad too... I didn't notice until after I opened the pack.

I'll have to shoot DST's customer service an email, probably on Tuesday.

T.

Hopefully we'll hear something back from them after all of this.

I dismantled that Neo-Classic IM for parts, so I can send you my lonely shoulder pad so at least one of us has a set.

PM me if you want it, TBT.

The Punisher killed him around Civil War. Stiltman just happened to run into Frank when he was down to one gun and a rocket launcher and guess which one he got the wrong end of (at least I think that's what happened). It was kind of funny. Then the Punisher pretended to be a bartender at Stiltman's wake, secretly poisoned all the b-list villians who showed up and then torched the placed while they were paralyzed. I don't read any Punisher stuff, but somehow read that and it was nocely done. Poor Stiltman.

The Punisher killed him around Civil War. Stiltman just happened to run into Frank when he was down to one gun and a rocket launcher and guess which one he got the wrong end of (at least I think that's what happened). It was kind of funny. Then the Punisher pretended to be a bartender at Stiltman's wake, secretly poisoned all the b-list villians who showed up and then torched the placed while they were paralyzed. I don't read any Punisher stuff, but somehow read that and it was nocely done. Poor Stiltman.

Do you happen to remember the issue title and number by any chance?

Here is my Stilt-Man!!! I was going to try and keep going, but I think this is where he starts to get structurally unsound.

[special thanks to Luke for selling the individual packs through his site!]

stilttall.jpg

So what're you gonna do with (by my count) the 14 Iron Men that you had to buy to get alla those legs?

Apparently it is Punisher: War Journal #1

(the site I found this information from has a ridiculously cool feature--it tells you every comic a given character was in. For instance: Jack O'Lantern! :lol: )

And great pic, youbastards :buttrock:

Edited by karamazov80

MINI-MYTE, it is issue 4 of the 2007 War Journal series. It was a great issue but didn't have the amazing art the rest of the issues had!

http://morb.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/punwj004_cov.jpg

Awesome. I'll have to look it up my next visit into my CBS.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Here is my Stilt-Man!!! I was going to try and keep going, but I think this is where he starts to get structurally unsound.

[special thanks to Luke for selling the individual packs through his site!]

stilttall.jpg

So what're you gonna do with (by my count) the 14 Iron Men that you had to buy to get alla those legs?

.......& the other 13 (?) Stilt Dwarves?

.......& the other 13 (?) Stilt Dwarves?

Actually, only 7.

Each Stilt-Man comes with 4 stilt pieces, not 2. ;)

The others went into my custom parts bin.

For others doing the same thing with Stilt-Man, he stands better if both stilts are on ONE of the plastic bases he comes with, rather than trying to use one base for each stilt! :thumbsup:

QC issues a-plenty, huh? That's why I ditched 'Mates some years ago. Sounds like it's coming back full force!

I also have been awaiting a couple replacement pieces that were damaged right out of the box. I was told they'd get them right out. That was in February and they haven't responded to any of the several emails since!

I'm sorry, but if you guys keep buying them and "give up" on getting your parts, you only encourage them to continue giving you shoddy toys (while raising the price) and ignore your emails when you notify them.

I guess this is goodbye again, 'Mates. Maybe I'll see you again if you get your sh*t together...

(...or I can buy you at TRU where you can be easily returned as defective.)

(...or I can buy you at TRU where you can be easily returned as defective.)

Will your TRU not let you do this? I got a Scorpion pack from wave 5 and he was missing the tampo on one of his legs. I just went back to the store and told them and they swapped it for a new one.