UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Toy Fair 2010 thread

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hoping for Fallout minimates myself. Aside from the main character everyone else has a semi set look. Different power armors, super-mutants, raiders, Deathclaws?

God this would be amazing. Doubt it'd happen, but it'd really be cool. Both Fallout and Halo would allow buyers to haver their in-game character(well, live character for Halo) in Minimate form.

I'd totally be rocking the T-51b Power Armor and a Power Fist. :D

How did these guys get a section before Art Asylum or DST? Why, why??? :(

they didnt there are not any pictures in there

Sure there is! See that logo? That's the angry talking Geoff Beckett figure! "Includes cease and desist orders, lawsuits, shoddy products, and more! Give us YOUR money right now and we'll send you nothing for the price of 16.99!"

Here's the spiel from DST's website:

Halo Minimates Revealed!

In November 2001, Bungie and Microsoft brought the world “Halo: Combat Evolved”. The game became a worldwide sensation and helped rocket the “Xbox” to stardom. Since then, the franchise has continued to gain momentum with “Halo 2”, “Halo 3”, “Halo Wars”, and “Halo 3: ODST” (not to mention the DVD release of “Halo: Legends”). Now, as everyone waits in anticipation for Fall release of the prequel “Halo: Reach”, Diamond Select is proud to announce the inclusion of “Halo” into the Minimates universe!

To help launch the line this Fall, comic book and specialty stores will be offering a 4-pack which will include:

Master Chief

UNSC Marine

Spartan in Scout Armor

Elite in Assault Armor

Future announcements will bring great news concerning other Spartan armor classes from the various games (in your favorite multi-player color schemes), aliens & allies, and vehicles. We’ll also be bringing you news about our plans for a sneak peek/debut at this year’s San Diego Comic Con.

Nice!

This is a license that might have good timing (Halo Reach) and work pretty well. I'm kind of bored of the games themselves but am looking forwards to a minimate Master Chief!

T.

p.s. watch Nestle go all girlie and squeal when he see's this :)

Seems a bit of a strange choice to me, since it's a license that has had toys (even block toys) out the wazoo, so I'm not sure how much demand there will be for these (the Kubricks had to get clearanced out on AFX I believe, and never really sold at my local Gamestop or EB Games--whichever sold them). However, incredibly popular game franchise, and if they sell, that's what counts. I'll surely be interested to see how they turn out.

i agree what a way to open toyfair i myself have been a faithfull player of the games sinse day 1

these are going to make awsome minimates(armor and weapons) for sure

Haha!!!!! Awesome!!!!! I love how almost all of us called this!!!!!! :lol:

This is fantastic news. Now just give me a squad of Orange Marines and i'll shut up. :)

Great way to start off Toy Fair, DST!!!!!!! :)

Somebody finally figured out what to do with with all those BSG parts .

Party pooper. :rolleyes:

For the record, since many of you don't play, these are the armors to be based on:

Master Chief

33x7eyt.jpg

UNSC Marine

2vaicr7.jpg

Scout Armor

2igkosi.jpg

Assault Armor Elite

halo09w2_assault-silver_photo_03_dp.jpg

Obviously, colors and weaponry will vary. :P

EDIT: Sorry for the big-ass pictures. Figured they'd resize, like they usually do. Odd...:blink:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Seems a bit of a strange choice to me, since it's a license that has had toys (even block toys) out the wazoo, so I'm not sure how much demand there will be for these (the Kubricks had to get clearanced out on AFX I believe, and never really sold at my local Gamestop or EB Games--whichever sold them). However, incredibly popular game franchise, and if they sell, that's what counts. I'll surely be interested to see how they turn out.

I have to agree, great game and all but there have been tons of takes on this license already- Mcfarlane, Kubrick, and megabloks all of which kind of linger on the pegs around here, hope this works out better for DST and is not another failure minimates line.

There've been plenty of takes on Marvel too, ya know, but we don't complain so much about that. ;) I think Halo is a pretty good choice. I've never played it and don't own an xBox, but I know who Master Chief is and the various armors have a pretty instant appeal. I'd say it's reached mainstream pop-culture status. Knowing next to nothing about Halo, I'm really looking forward to these. I really want to see the armors lined up with the Hammer Drones.

EDIT: Sorry for the big-ass pictures. Figured they'd resize, like they usually do. Odd...:blink:

They typically become those smaller pics when you upload the pics to this board, rather than linking to photo hosting accounts.

There've been plenty of takes on Marvel too, ya know, but we don't complain so much about that. ;) I think Halo is a pretty good choice. I've never played it and don't own an xBox, but I know who Master Chief is and the various armors have a pretty instant appeal. I'd say it's reached mainstream pop-culture status. Knowing next to nothing about Halo, I'm really looking forward to these. I really want to see the armors lined up with the Hammer Drones.

there have indeed but the differences are:

Marvel has been around along time, with many various characters and multitudes of fans

they tend to not compete with themselves by putting out similar scales and product types

there are not currently Marvel figures clogging shelves and not selling

Minimates themselves have a hard time selling, add that to any of the above and it could be trouble. dont get me wrong as a minimate fan I will buy them but I hope others do as well, because sooner or later too many failures will bring an end to all minimate lines im afraid