UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

Got an email today from AFX. They're giving away the Battle Tactics box set free with minimate orders over $35. Seems like a good deal, their shipping is still way too expensive for me though.

It's great if you order from them anyway though or were planning on getting some mates from them soon.

And don't forget folks, use that link at the top right of the screen to get to AFXs site so that the Multiverse gets it's fair share.... :thumbsup:

That's pretty much the same deal they had at the convention. Of course, their prices were a bit higher in person. Still worked out to about $3 per mate, though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got an email today from AFX. They're giving away the Battle Tactics box set free with minimate orders over $35. Seems like a good deal, their shipping is still way too expensive for me though.

It's great if you order from them anyway though or were planning on getting some mates from them soon.

And don't forget folks, use that link at the top right of the screen to get to AFXs site so that the Multiverse gets it's fair share.... :thumbsup:

That's good to hear. I held out on the two X-men sets (me, of all people. I want my Jeanies. :(), so combining those with some other cheap thing should put me over. I feel better getting lots of new stuff and only a little fodder if it means i get a whole new set for free.

Or do they tell you what you can buy to get it free?? AFX does that a lot, and it's annoying.

just bought the Star Trek Mirror Mirror mates and the Wave 4 Star Trek Mates from afx to get the free iron man 2 set. 38.00 and 13 for shipping, 52 bucks with free Iron Man Mates on the way. Excited! I find it strange that you dont add the mates yourself, but It must have something to do with their shopping cart system. Wish there was a free shipping code as it almost kills the deal, but I want that Nick Fury and Race Car tony.

just bought the Star Trek Mirror Mirror mates and the Wave 4 Star Trek Mates from afx to get the free iron man 2 set. 38.00 and 13 for shipping, 52 bucks with free Iron Man Mates on the way. Excited! I find it strange that you dont add the mates yourself, but It must have something to do with their shopping cart system. Wish there was a free shipping code as it almost kills the deal, but I want that Nick Fury and Race Car tony.

I was wondering about this... do you get a notification of the iron man 4 pack AFTER you order the $35 worth of minimates?

TRU in Beaverton OR has all the IM2 mates in stock, and LOTS of them. As well as GB, some Marvel from last wave, and a couple BSG. Also got my single pack IM2 mates they freakin rock!!! :)

Has anybody else bought any of the Iron Man II Megabloks sets? The Hall of Armor set, and the two add-ons they sell, look great with the Minimates. The tools it comes with, the robotic arms and the work benches are all super neat. If I can find my usb cable I'll upload pictures.

I haven't seen those yet, sounds pretty cool. Very interested in seeing some pics.

hmm afx doesn't have much of a minimates selection left. i may have to pass on this and just get it normally from somewhere else with cheaper shipping.

It's gunny, for the longest time they were trying to get rid of SDCC Thunderbolts and Hulk movie series... now they're gone, but looks like BBTS has them available now. Could be these the minimate equivalent of the holiday fruitcake?

I found all (including Happy) but SH Tony/Mark I tonight. Not a big loss since I didn't want another Tony and already have a Mark I. (I STILL need a Mark III- help a brutha out! :thumbsup: ) I had to spend about 15 minutes waiting in Borders for them to find the case. Apparently it had been buried in the back for a couple weeks. I passed on the Drone/Pepper pack (which was in a Mark V/War Machine box). I figured that a lot of spare Peppers would be floating around after everyone's done Drone army building...

Edited by handsomedevil

WOW! I'm extremely happy with this wave. Maybe more so because I convinced myself not to like these when the first pictures of the wave were released with their 'round' helmets. Even now I hate to admit it, but these armors are better than the first movie wave in every way in my opinion.

I got a mk.II Rhodes from ebay just because it was pretty cheap, and once I was able to do a side by side with the mk.II variant, I caved in. I was able to pick up the Borders exclusive and the WM/mk.V today. The attention to detail is great. The amount of new molds surprised me. The IM feet are a re-use from the first movie wave, but the upper legs are brand new. WM's legs and feet are both brand new molds. Mk.V has brand new upper legs, the feet might be re-uses. The paint on these is top notch as well. The Variant mk.II and TRU mk.II have different silvers, the mk.III & mk.IV have different reds and golds. WM is just a tank, his removed upper body armor is massive...OK, after referring to a two inch piece of plastic as massive, I think I need to calm down :stick:

On a side note, I found it hilarious the bd whiplash....has NO whips! I think I recall an earlier post saying theirs came with no whips, but I took that as a packaging mishap. His generous ammount of metallic paint makes up for it in my book. I know I'm late on this, but I haven't been this excited for mates since the announcement & release of wave 28.

If there is anybody in Long Beach, California still looking for these, the Bellflower Borders has a full run of the wave with one more exclusive left.

Edited by spitwizard

Has anybody else bought any of the Iron Man II Megabloks sets? The Hall of Armor set, and the two add-ons they sell, look great with the Minimates. The tools it comes with, the robotic arms and the work benches are all super neat. If I can find my usb cable I'll upload pictures.

Ya we talked about this a bit about 2 dozen pages back (I wish this thread was broken up according to the different sets.. ie. Borders, TRU, AFX, LCS since 50 pages contain a lot of varying conversations).. I have the hall of armors and one additional computer station pack.. I've been looking forward to completing the minimate wave so I can display them in the megabloks set. There are a few issues with bricks not holding together perfectly but I kind of expect that with the Mega brand. I will be adding some lego pieces to creat a 2nd and maybe 3rd tier to display armor with that set.. once complete I'll post a pic.

Edited by The Vox

I don't think that all the talk about this TRU wave being one and done is true mostly because my TRU restocked them today.

Same here. Well, they restocked yesterday but still.

If any of you Illinois people find them at the Schaumburg or Melrose Park TRU's (the two I frequent) I'd be your bet friend if you could like... hide a pair of the exclusives for me...

Just stick them behind an educational toy or something. Something that doesn't sell. Then gimmie a heads up here so I can go get'em, lol...

i was shopping in my local mall today, and i went in waldenbooks to pick up the latest angel hardcover comic, and as i was leaving something caught my eye, the full wave of the im2 minimates, variant and borders exclusives included, so i picked them all up, i am so happy with all of them.