UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Gruesome Ghosts Released!

I'm thrilled you included an Octopus ghost. I've been trying to figure out what to do with my spare Octopus parts.

And these keep coming; somehow I was expecting just a week's worth. Looks like there will be 10 ghosts, but there are only 9 base 'mates in the two sets. Hmmm.

Regardless, that could mean you're going to use some Razor Cylons -- can't wait for that!

You will be able to nearly complete 7 of these ghosts using the two box sets. I say "nearly" because you will need to track down one additional set of black hands, which shouldn't be too hard. The remaining parts from the two sets did not work together well enough to be able to make a ghost character out of them. The other three ghosts in the kit will use basic white and red minimate pieces, which can be found in many different sets. I will be providing a list of parts you can use for these, similar to what I did with the ninja kit. :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 7:

ghost_preview_pld.jpg

You get two for the price of one today!

All of the ghosts I have posted up to today can be assembled using parts from the Spirit Movie box set and the BSG Razor box set. Today's Phantom of Darkness can also be assembled from these sets, with the exception of his hands and feet. You will need to track down one set of black hands and one set of feet and you will have seven brand new ghosts. The Phantom of Light and the ghosts i will be posting in the next 2 days use standard minimate white and red pieces. The kit comes with an extensive list of minimate sets that include these parts.

And who knows, you might want to use these decals on a completely different set of base figures, which could lead to some really awesome results. :D

Day 8:

ghost_preview_eos.jpg

After I made the Hungry Hungry Cop, I started thinking about other things I could do to a minimate torso, and this ghost was the result. He will work with the standard bright red color that is available on numerous minimates.

And has anyone asked you to do any custom decal commissions yet Luke?

Yes, I have done a few commissions for just decals. It works out well for both parties, because it is faster for me to do it, and it is cheaper for the buyer too.

Luke, are we gonna see a group shot of all your ghosts attacking the Ghostbusters? I personally would like to see that.

That is a great idea! I will definitely take a picture like this. :)

i'm glad i'v been keeping an EYE on this thread, because these are some great looking mate's. expect a uk order in the next few weeks luke, i'm boxset hunting

p.s. maybe you should do some back-stories for these guys

Edited by kurtman

Those are good ideas!

Here is the last ghost reveal:

ghost_preview_hr.jpg

This was actually the first ghost I designed. I like him better without a hair piece, but you might feel differently once you assemble him. :)

The Gruesome Ghost Decal Kit will be released tomorrow! I will be selling the kit by itself, and also in a combo pack with the two recommended box sets, which will let you save a few bucks. I will also have another decal-related announcement tomorrow as well. :D

This guy's backstory must be particularly tragic...

... especially if Billy Ray Cyrus is involved. :blink:

Please NorthRaider. I know we like to joke around here, but you really shouldn't trivialize the deaths of all those driven to suicide following the recognition that they do not want to live in a world where such loathsome music can exist.

Oh, you mean his "achy breaky heart" song. Sorry.

This guy's backstory must be particularly tragic...

... especially if Billy Ray Cyrus is involved. :blink:

Please NorthRaider. I know we like to joke around here, but you really shouldn't trivialize the deaths of all those driven to suicide following the recognition that they do not want to live in a world where such loathsome music can exist.

Oh, you mean his "achy breaky heart" song. Sorry.

Not so much his music as his daughter.

Luke you are not only one talented Son of a Smurf but you are a Marketing Genius!

Create easy, fun, and on a relative term "cheap" customizing tools. PLUS you center them around existing sets of figures..that more than likely would not sell on their own (spirit).

You mother smurfing genius you....it will not be long until Matt and Chuck put you on their team...so they don't have to compete with you.

Nice Work and I hope these sell well for your store...you are a hell of an asset to this group

moc847

A very cool set, Luke.

I'm stoked at how cool some of these are. I'd love to see the Heartless Romantic with an emo hair piece. Something like Rachel Summers upcoming hair - only black.

You might have just gotten me into customising :)

Ghostbusters Minimates beware! The Gruesome Ghosts Decal Kit has arrived!

The long wait is over, and I am very proud of this set. You will end up with twice the documentation as the Ninja Kit, because I have photo instructions on how to assemble the base bodies, as well as an extra sheet of some cool updates and upgrades you can do to the standard ghosts. You have two options for buying this set:

Gruesome Ghosts Decal Kit (if you already have parts you want to use)

Gruesome Ghosts Decal Kit Combo (save a few bucks if you were planning on getting the box sets)

Today also kicks off Decal Month at Luke's Toy Store. All in-stock orders placed between now and October 31st will receive a free sample of our Ninja Minimates Decal Kit! This includes the Gruesome Ghosts Kit, as well as any other in-stock item in the store. The sample will be the standard black male ninja, so if you already have the kit, it just means more army building for you! :)

Also, as requested, here is a group shot with the Ghostbusters Minimates:

gruesome_scene.jpg

A few ghosts couldn't make it to the photo shoot, as I had already given them away as gifts to friends. The base in the photo is from the Sideshow PF Captain America figure. :D