UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Beverly Hills Cop!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What else came out in 1984? Maybe DST can produce 25th anniversary boxsets of those too.

Google says:

Footloose

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock

Racing With The Moon (?)

(Non-Paramount 1984 films)

Dune

Amadeus

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai

C.H.U.D.

Gremlins

Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes

The Karate Kid

The Last Starfighter

The NeverEnding Story

A Nightmare on Elm Street

Nineteen Eighty-Four (duh)

Police Academy

Purple Rain (:lol:)

Repo Man

Revenge of the Nerds

Romancing the Stone

Sixteen Candles

the first Terminator (hmm.)

This is Spinal Tap

I am so floored for this set. I just hope there are enough pre-orders out there so it can see fruition. By the way DST, all I gotta say is...

beverly-hills-cop-41.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

i'm not an eddie murphy fan, nor do i like this film, but i'll certainly be getting these mates... more gangsters/goons for me!

Awesooooooooooooooome. Totally makes up for the Godfather.

Good to see new mates and totally unexpected. Problem is for me they suffer from the same thing as the Godfather mates mostly just plain guys in suits. I will still buy but mostly for the parts.

did the Godfather mates get cancelled? or are we just referring to them being guys in suits? just making sure i didn't miss something

i'm not an eddie murphy fan, nor do i like this film, but i'll certainly be getting these mates... more gangsters/goons for me!

Awesooooooooooooooome. Totally makes up for the Godfather.

Good to see new mates and totally unexpected. Problem is for me they suffer from the same thing as the Godfather mates mostly just plain guys in suits. I will still buy but mostly for the parts.

did the Godfather mates get cancelled? or are we just referring to them being guys in suits? just making sure i didn't miss something

I was just saying about them being guys in suits. No idea if they are cancelled or not.

I like the guys in suits minimates. It provides use with titans of industry to be threatened by various Minimate villians, President of the United States, Doctors, secretaries, Secret Service or FBI agents to chase villians, not to mention innocent victims that will need saving. I think that DST should take the next step and make minimate cars, boats, trucks, vans, etc.......

Although AA did a great job on those faces, I'm not really excited about them. I am a kid of the 80s and I did watch all three (oh god, that last one was stupid) movies, but I don't think that these characters work that well as mates.

As much as I love the fact that we are getting another 80s icon this set, I agree with you in an abstract sense. Guys in boring, civilian-ish outfits generally don't do it for me. Would have been cool if they could have somehow snuck Eddie in his red leather stand-up outfit into this set over one of the others.

I like the guys in suits minimates. It provides use with titans of industry to be threatened by various Minimate villians, President of the United States, Doctors, secretaries, Secret Service or FBI agents to chase villians, not to mention innocent victims that will need saving. I think that DST should take the next step and make minimate cars, boats, trucks, vans, etc.......

don't forget crime families for Batman or the Punisher, etc. to bring down!

I remember people saying the same sort of things about the Desperately Seeking Susan set and Chef Duff last year and look how sought after they are now.

they are "sought after"? I know where I can get at least two of the DSS packs. I had no idea. haha

So I wonder which online store will do an exclusive two-pack with Axel F and Bronson Pinchot?

To me, the bad guy looks a bit like Frank Langella.

Agreed! Minimate of Victor Maitland DOES look more like Frank Langella (LOL) and not actor Steven Berkoff. Maybe the final product will differ from the prototype. Fingers crossed.

Uh. OK. My first impression was "why do we need these?", and then my second impression was "yes, I will buy them". So I guess I answered myself there.

I second the need for a banana in the set!

Thanks DST, now I'll have that "Axel F" song stuck in my head all week.

Yeah... I'm not feeling this one myself. I think the comparisons to Duff and DSS are off too. At least those two sets had some originality and unique accessories. While I agree the Eddie Murphy likeness is spot on, 3 more guys in suits doesn't do it for me. The movie was good... when I was 11, but I'm not sure how well it holds up over time, at least for me. These smell of the 24 4-packs and I don't see them doing that well. Good luck DST, don't screw up a good thing by spreading yourselves too thin. Good for custom parts and civilians if you do the diorama thing!

The Judge Reinhold is intriguing since you could maybe make a custom of Brad from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Now that's a 4-pack I would buy!! Jeff Spicoli with his checkered vans and skateboard, Mr. Hand and a pizza, Phoebe Cates in bikini. The 80's did provide some classic films.