UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unofficial AFX Marvel Box Set Poll: Finals!

Bob Harris

Vote on your most desired box set now! (Please read instructions first!)  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Which Marvel 4-pack do you want to see AFX pursue in the future?

• AGE OF APOCALYPSE - Jean Grey, Nate Grey, Weapon X, Cyclops
    • AGE OF APOCALYPSE - Jean Grey, Nate Grey, Holocaust, Sunfire
    • ALPHA FLIGHT - Guardian, Sasquatch, Snowbird, Shaman
    • ALPHA FLIGHT - Guardian, Sasquatch, Aurora, Northstar
    • AVENGERS - Falcon, Black Panther, Kang, Black Knight
    • AVENGERS -Falcon, Black Panther, Kang, Tigra
    • AVENGERS - Falcon, Black Panther, Kang, Super Adaption
    • AVENGERS -Falcon, Black Panther, Mockingbird, Yellowjacket
    • AVENGERS - Falcon, Black Panther, Black Knight, Hellcat
    • DARK AVENGERS - Iron Patriot, Moonstone, Noh-Varr, Ares
    • EXCALIBUR - Captain Britain, Phoenix, Shadowcat, Nightcrawler
    • EXCALIBUR - Captain Britain, Phoenix, Shadowcat, Meggan
    • INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon
    • INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Crystal
    • INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Maximus the Mad
    • INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Triton
    • INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Gorgon, Triton
    • INHUMANS - Crystal, Lockjaw, Karnak, Green Quicksilver
    • MASTERS OF EVIL - Baron Zemo, Radioactive Man, Moonstone, Mr. Hyde
    • MASTERS OF EVIL - Baron Zemo, Radioactive Man, The Black Knight, Enchantress
    • SINISTER SIX - Electro, Lizard, Vulture, Doc Oc
    • SINISTER SIX - Electro, Lizard, Vulture, Scorpion
    • THUNDERBOLTS - Baron Zemo, Moonstone, Songbird, Mach IV
    • NEW THUNDERBOLTS - Penance, Radioactive Man, Swordsman, Venom
    • NEW THUNDERBOLTS - Penance, Radioactive Man, Swordsman, Songbird
    • NEW THUNDERBOLTS - Penance, Venom, Green Goblin, Bullseye
    • VILLAINS, IRON MAN - Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, Mandarin, the Ghost
    • WRECKING CREW - Wrecker, Bulldozer, Pile Driver, Thunderball
    • X-MEN, 90's - Jean Grey, Storm, Cyclops, Omega Red
    • X-MEN, FIRST APPEARANCE - Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman, Angel
    • X-MEN, FIRST APPEARANCE - Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman, Cyclops
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Wiccan, Patriot, Hulkling, Hawkeye
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Wiccan, Patriot, Hulkling, Iron Lad
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Wiccan, Patriot, Hulkling, Stature
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Hawkeye, Stature, Speed, Vision 2.0
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Hawkeye, Stature, Speed, Kang

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one choice, huh. . .tough decision.

Not that hard if you see this as a last-chance effort to get a Captain Britain (the Minimate that DST doesn't want you to have! Will you stand for their censorship against Europe, or will you acknowledge the world beyond America's borders?)

I'm confused. What do you mean by beyond America's borders? There isn't anything but the void, is there? :P

This was a tough poll. In the end, I had to go with the Inhumans.

Oh man!

Age of Apocalypse or Excalibur????

I really wanna see an AOA box set, but i also wanna put my vote towards the Meggan inclusive Excalibur set.

I want them ALL. I want the world. I want the WHOLE (mini) world! I want to lock it all up in my pocket. It's my bar of chocolate. Give it to me NOW!

Someone help me!!! This is worse than Sophie's Choice!

Edit: WOW - NO votes for AOA. It's interesting to see where people choices fall when they only get 1 vote. I'm getting mighty nervous that none of my preferences are gonna make it to the top 5 :(

Edited by Nessex

Only one choice, huh. . .tough decision.

Not for me! One of those was my set and I do so love my set.

I want the world. I want the WHOLE (mini) world! I want to lock it all up in my pocket. It's my bar of chocolate. Give it to me NOW!

Nice Willy Wonka reference there man.

and people should stop voting for Dark Avengers since we're now officially getting these.

Wow - i think i missed THAT post. Can someone fill me in? Or maybe share some linkage? do we have a ine-up announced? or a release date?

Wow - i think i missed THAT post. Can someone fill me in? Or maybe share some linkage? do we have a ine-up announced? or a release date?

Check the thread. The release is SDCC, and the set is brown Wolvie, black Spidey, Marvel Boy (whoever that is nowadays. . .Quasar?), and Iron Man painted like Captain America, apparently.

I went with The Wrecking Crew. The vote for any of the Alpha Flight, X-Men, Inhumans, T-Bolts, Avengers etc... sets is split far too many times to be effective. A group with less competition within itself will win this in a walk.

Ah, but read the first post :)

And I haven't commented on this, but the original idea that I had was that we might all submit the same 1 box set to AFX (instead of 5), along with whatever we individually wanted. Them receiving, say, 100 votes that each contained the same, wacky box set amongst other various choices would seem to me to be much more powerful than 100 votes with the same 5. However, I can see the argument that by sending 5, you might increase the likelihood that one of the 5 will actually turn into a box set. . .particularly if the top "1" isn't favored by AA/AFX/etc., but I'm not completely sure about that.

Oh man!

Age of Apocalypse or Excalibur????

I really wanna see an AOA box set, but i also wanna put my vote towards the Meggan inclusive Excalibur set.

I want them ALL. I want the world. I want the WHOLE (mini) world! I want to lock it all up in my pocket. It's my bar of chocolate. Give it to me NOW!

Someone help me!!! This is worse than Sophie's Choice!

Edit: WOW - NO votes for AOA. It's interesting to see where people choices fall when they only get 1 vote. I'm getting mighty nervous that none of my preferences are gonna make it to the top 5 :(

Welcome to my world... And everybody else's. Most people will probably email AFX their own suggestions along with the top 5, so there's really nothing to stop you or anyone else from suggesting what you want.

wait what Jubilee isn't included in any of these...? what about a 90's X-Men that goes something like "Storm, Jean Grey, Cyclops, JUBILEE"!!

and people should stop voting for Dark Avengers since we're now officially getting these.

That's the reason I didn't vote for x-men 90's....I want me a wondra or jubilee!!!!

Wow that was tough. In the end I chose Avengers: Falcon, Panther, Mockingbird, and Yellowjacket.(I NEEDS Falcon and BP+ I wanna see how they would do YJ's shoulder flap thingies er-whatever :blink::P )

I went and voted for this team, we need more african american brothers in mate form!!

and a yellowjacket would be nice too!

Wow, two of those Inhumans lineups are identical. (No they're not. my eyes are playing tricks on me again. :blink:)

Picking the perfect Inhumans roster is a nightmare for me, given that these guys rarely function outside of a unit (With the exception maybe of Black Bolt and Maximus). DSTChuck (or was it DSTMatt? I forget) already hinted somewhere that a Lockjaw minimate might be unlikely, so I've already conceded that we're not getting him. Maximus is pretty much the resident villain BUT his costume (his regular non-usurper-of-the-Attilan-throne one, at least) is relatively dull. So I don't know if DST will even consider making him.

I've already said elsewhere that an official set MUST include Black Bolt and Medusa together. Which leaves the dilemma of who will get the latter two spots: Crystal is Medusa's sister AND the apparent dark horse of the War of Kings crossover. BUT Karnak and Gorgon should appear together in a set too since they're brothers AND two of the Royal family's most distinctive members (plus theoretically Karnak should be an easy Minimate for DST to make, just modify the Leader/Sinestro head mold). And what of poor, orphaned Triton? :(

... I've made my decision. (And if given a second choice, I'd probably go for Black Panther/Falcon/Mockingbird/Yellowjacket)

I wanna see how they would do YJ's shoulder flap thingies er-whatever :blink::P

They'll probably try either the fancy-collar approach (a la Booster Gold and a bunch of others from the DCD Minimate line) or the fancy-shoulder approach (a la Secret Invasion Wolverine)

Edited by NorthRaider

I went with The Wrecking Crew. The vote for any of the Alpha Flight, X-Men, Inhumans, T-Bolts, Avengers etc... sets is split far too many times to be effective. A group with less competition within itself will win this in a walk.

In case you missed that point in the instructions:

How are votes counted on box sets with multiple character configurations?

If you love to see a box set with several character arrangements being minimaterized, just vote on your favorite roster. At the end all votes on a box set's main theme (written in capital letters, i.e. INHUMANS) will be summated to give this theme an overall score. If for instance the Inhumans will receive 3 votes on each of their 6 character configurations, Inhumans in general will be regarded as having 18 votes. That is the score which decides whether they are in the top5 in the end or not.

It's the combined not the split power of those box sets!

CAN THE THREE PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR DARK AVENGERS GET ANOTHER VOTE, SEEING AS TO HOW THAT PACK IS ALREADY BEING MADE?!?!?!

p.s. the wrecking crew? seriously?

Are you trying to bribe me?!?

Seriously. Technically it isn't possible. But I can offer the possibility to vote via sending me a PM. If we do so, everybody has to be honest. (When I do receive more than three new votes, something is going wrong...)

What do you think people? Should we give the people who voted for the Dark Avengers another try since those are already be announced?

Just a note pushing my own agenda here - Anyone left who's considering Voting for Excalibur: I'm noticing winning numbers are in the 'Nightcrawler' roster, rather than the 'Meggan' roster. Meggan is the 'Thunderbird' character. If she doesn't get made in this kind of a box-set, then chances are she wont be made at all. We've had nightcrawler available twice so far (GSXM & Target 2-packs). Plus, his popularity is likely to see him get made again sometime in the future. This is a chance to request a unique chacter who would normally not be able to compete against the army of SpiderMen, Wolverines, IronMen & Hulks. Lets try to make a totally original box-set here like the Defenders set. Besides, Cap B needs his Gal-Pal.

*Vote #1 Meggan*

*Meggan for President*

post-2737-1238627784_thumb.jpg

hellpop, you the man! yeah i voted drkavg, but if i get a new vote, id go for sinister four (which is already winning, but i gotta show my love). c'mon electro!!!!!!!! and whats a PM? im kinda a newbie at this

It means Private Message.