UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the brothers are sold out again (i will get them,im having to practice patience with these guys)

Ugh, I just opened my TRU Egon/Titanic Ghost pack and it's missing the open trap, giga meter, and pass key(?)...complete pisser. They did remember the tape to hold them in place (if they had been there. How the Hell does that happen?!?) though! :rolleyes: Has anyone else had this problem? I guess I'll drop Chris an email as the TRUs don't have any others to replace this.

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones ordered mine from TRU online and it shipped yesterday! Quick question the "best of" I know of the changes to Slimer (added food decal) is that the only change? And was best of a re-issue of just the two two packs? Thanks and sorry if this has allready been answered!

When/If we get another wave or 5th Box set, I wouldn't mind Peter in red/grey shirt from when Dana comes over after slime-tub attack (it's a rather nice look for a civilian Pete)

How about Pete from GB1 wearing the red jacket over his uniform during the fountain conversation with Dana? That color would look great on a Minimate.

http://www.gbfans.com/images/ghostbusters/...en-caps/102.jpg

http://www.gbfans.com/images/ghostbusters/...en-caps/105.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2088/28.../Image125.6.jpg

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones ordered mine from TRU online and it shipped yesterday! Quick question the "best of" I know of the changes to Slimer (added food decal) is that the only change? And was best of a re-issue of just the two two packs? Thanks and sorry if this has allready been answered!

There is one other change in the Louis Tully pack -

In the original release, the nametag on the uniform was printed with "Tully"

However, it was repeatedly pointed out that Louis wore Egon's uniform in the actual movie - so the "Best Of..." release rei-issues Louis with the nametag "Spengler" in order to be movie-accurate

Edited by captain_cbecker

I was told by a girl working at a TRU near me that they'd have these in on tuesday. She seemed certain of it as they had gone over what was coming in on the truck earlier that day. She sounded credible until her insistence that the truck would also have Star Wars Minimates on it.

Does the Stay Puft bank look good on display with the minimates? I have been looking at the Imagnext firehouse set and thinking it would be fun to slap a ghostbuster sticker on it and set up the boys inside with Staypuft looking in through the window.

Has anyone set up a display with the coin bank stay puft yet?

Thanks,

Vox

If anyone (anyone that posts from time to time, that is) needs any of the new TRU packs minus the Venkman/Vigo pack for cost, shoot me a PM. I've also got some of the older TRU packs.

I'm not that huge a fan of Ghostbusters, but I do like to get a few 'mates of each liscense for variety in my collection. A few weeks ago I picked up the pack that had Ray and the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. I thought that would be it, but the day before yesterday, I was out of town and saw the slimed Peter and the clear Slimer w/the food in his stomach and I snatched them up. They are so cool. :)

Hey Karamazov.. was the angry faced Stay Puft Bank a Comic Con Exclusive?

Yeah, it was from SDCC, so it tends to be a bit pricier on the secondary market. However, Diamond set aside an allotment for comic shops, I think.

I found the Vigo and Titanic Captain packs on Wednesday. Same story at two TRUs today, but the third TRU I checked had a full case on the peg. Sweet! Unfortunately, I had a choice between paint smudges on Courtroom Egon's face or messy paint apps on his shirt. I did consider, very briefly, buying both packs, swapping for the best parts and then returning one. Then, I decided I wasn't a jerk.

I just picked up the most recent GB wave at TRU. I was surprised that the TRU in Bloomington, IL had full pegs on a Monday evening when they generally get their truck on Thursday and by Friday afternoon all the stock is picked over or gone. I got all four sets of this wave.

I really like Vigo, The Scolari Bros. and Stay Puft.

The GB guys are very cool in how they have captured the look of each character. I even think Gozer is interesting because they did a gret job captureing the character for all the longer she was in the movie. I am now waiting to get the third box set so I can get Janine.

I own GB Egon with Library Ghost, Slimed Peter with Clear Slimer with stomach contents (second release), GB Ray with Stay Puft, GB2 Tully with Slimer (first release), Courtroom Peter with Washington Square Ghost, GB Peter with Energized Terror Dog, Box Set One -Peter, Egon, Dana, Terror Dog Tully; Box Set Two -Ray, Winston, Stay Puft and Gozer. I only wish I could get the Taxi Ghost and the Jogger Ghost.

Happy Collecting.

Edited by Captain Paco

Is it just me or is the Nunzio minimate smaller than the normal sized mates? I know that he has on the slipper type feet like Robin and Penquin had, but he still looks shorter. It is late so I haven't had a chance to compare him to other minimates, but maybe I will take him apart and compare each part of him to another minimate. Maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me.