UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Images for wave #25

TBT!

Love the Iron Man minis. Everyone looks awesome, except Skaar. I guess cus i don't know the character, but anyways the A.I.M. agent looks awesome. Glad I pre-ordered them with the variant. (Still need a Hulk Buster Armor though and Titanium Man)

Edited by rx78jj

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still pondering exactly where/when these IM come ( gut feeling is the #100's for the 70's) from but I do like em a LOT :D

IIR the classic armour came from the early tales of suspense and appeared in #66 i'm a geeky enough IM fan to know that but the bolt face has me stumped, i know i have it somewhere but i cant figure out where

**EDIT**

anyone building an AIM army, I'll be happy to relieve you of any Irom men you wish to 'get rid of' :biggrin:

Edited by andymini30

The Iron-Man suit is identical to the one he wore in 'Secret Invasion' #8 of 8. During the Skrulls total destruction of the Starktech Mainframe, Tony has to resort to " another suit of armor not tied to it" when his current suit is compromised with a virus. He describes it as "Old School.Yeah.I had it in storage at the Tower".

"It was enough to keep him going" ...15 News crew helicopter .

IIR the classic armour came from the early tales of suspense and appeared in #66 i'm a geeky enough IM fan to know that but the bolt face has me stumped, i know i have it somewhere but i cant figure out where

I kind of disagree, the BIG shoulder rings didn't happen til at least the later TOS and were never as huge as #100-#150 era.

Difficult to say tough as every artist that far back drew the armor differently.

T.

When can I get my grubby hands on these? Is August ridiculously optimistic?...

That would be my guess at timescale, they always release a pair of waves at or around SDCC.

T.

p.s. BHM the SI armor has a HUGE unibeam so that's not it ;)

I kind of disagree, the BIG shoulder rings didn't happen til at least the later TOS and were never as huge as #100-#150 era.

Difficult to say tough as every artist that far back drew the armor differently.

T.

yeah, looking through essential IM volumes i see what you mean,

although the classic was debuted in this issue he wore the armour until IM #140 ish when he used the first space armour so we have a couple of hundred issue and a dozen or so artists so i'll agree, but figured out bolt face era yet???(perhaps DSTMatt can help as pics must have been used for inspiration)

BHM

the secret invasion armour (as TBT pointed out is not the cassic armour but the redesigned armour stark made after the 'Armour wars'

Edited by andymini30

after one of "those" days at work this is awsome news

red skull FINALLY !!!!! he looks great

both the iron man look really great in their nice shiney suits :D

i dont read hulk but the red hulk mates looks good the face is spot on

im a little bias against skaar as i dont know much about him but sorry folks he's real ugly

the AIM mate simlpe yet effective

new cap looks great (i was thinking did we need another even if it is bucky then i noticed that shiney paint job B) )

good overall but if i really got short of cash i'd get the deadpool wave over these (saying this im OH soy weak minded and will probably get em any ways :D )

Thank you for the pictures!

And thank you DST for producing the coolest looking Don Heck and Gene Colan versions of Iron Man ever.

THESE are the Iron Man minimates that I've been dying for. THESE are great!

And army builders from now on? And that the first set is AIM agents?! This is great! Maybe they'll release some Hyrda and SHIELD guys too. OOOH! Dum Dum Dugan would be killer!

This set looks fantastic and I really can't wait until these come out. I think I'm anticipating this wave as much as I was the "Thor wave". Not that the things between the Thor wave and now have been bad. They've been awesome and, in my opinion, have done so many things right and look fantastic.

But wow... those Iron Men and the AIM guys. I can't even get over those Iron Men to wrap my head around the Red Skull.

AH! They're awesome!

I'm not arguing with anybody because I haven't the depth of knowledge but what about ......post-638-1232050375_thumb.jpg

.........I'm looking at the 'discs' on each side of the upper chest/shoulder area.

As said previously every artist drew that armor differently and it was a staple from 60's to 80's so it's hard to pinpoint exactly. The mini itself looks very John Romita jr / Bob Layton to me. Athough I suspect DST used a specific issue as reference.

I doubt the mini was modelled on that issue/armor you show has Jim Rhodes in it not Tony Stark and I doubt DST would make that their classic IM ;)

T.

Bolt face Iron Man mask debuted in the early Don Heck issue Tales of Suspense #54.

He wore that mask during that period in the Avengers and in Tales of Suspense until #66 when the design remained the same but the bolts were discarded. He'd wear this armor through his series until sometime in the 1980's when he would adopt the Silver Centurion Armor for a time. This is the "classic" armor that he wore for the majority of his career.

Seeing the bolt faced mask and the smooth faced mask says two things to you if you're a Silver Age Iron Man fan.

Don Heck and Gene Colan.

And yes, we NEED a Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo and Mandarin. Besides an AIM two-pack, these would be another beautiful chance for DST to take my money away from me.

Edited by Mystery Man

Bolt face Iron Man mask debuted in the early Don Heck issue Tales of Suspense #54.

He wore that mask during that period in the Avengers and in Tales of Suspense until #66 when the design remained the same but the bolts were discarded. He'd wear this armor through his series until sometime in the 1980's when he would adopt the Silver Centurion Armor for a time. This is the "classic" armor that he wore for the majority of his career.

Seeing the bolt faced mask and the smooth faced mask says two things to you if you're a Silver Age Iron Man fan.

Don Heck and Gene Colan.

And yes, we NEED a Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo and Mandarin. Besides an AIM two-pack, these would be another beautiful chance for DST to take my money away from me.

cheers mate, of course

I was looking later, and yeah its probably the IM as far as i go, unless we get a Galactic storm Space armour IM :)

My favorite comics are Silver Age Marvel Comics (besides Madman and Hellboy).

Any heroes or villains especially from this era and I'm sold on it. That's the stuff I want the most. Old bulky Beetle, the Eel, Diablo and Dragon Man.

So yeah, even though we've already got plenty of Iron Men... these are the two that I've wanted all along. And while the old yellow/red one from series 6 was really good... these are iconic and great.

Edited by Mystery Man

Don Heck and Gene Colan.

Once again, looking at those issues now as I type I will agree that Bolt face is very likely from ToS #54 onwards BUT there is way too much detail on the torso of the classic IronMan mini to be from that era, also the huge shoulder parts scream a later artist. Having said that if you look at the group picture then there is less shaded detailing, perhaps with Matts comment above you might be right.

I guess we all see different versions in the same mini, with big shoulders and detailed chest I see Romita and Layton, you see an earlier version. ;)

T.

Cheers to Shane and TBT! for bringing these pics to us. They look absolutely amazing. I'm really pleased with DST's aim (heh!) from now on, to only pack army builders with the variant. Hats off guys, it's been a long time coming.

FYI folks seeing as the discussion here was mostly about what versions of IM these are I pinged DSTMatt and got the following response...

As for Iron Man, DSTRobert had this to say when I asked him.

Classic Iron Man is based off of the John Romita Jr./Bob Layton iron man and the bolt face is from the early issue in tales of suspense.

Does that help at all?

Looks like Mystery Man and I are both right...

T.