UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Infinite Heroes

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhh, must have! When are these coming out?!?!

Could this be what is killing the Minimates? It would be a shame. A bit like ending the marketing of oranges when you get a new shipment of apples!

Well, Mattel did just pick up the "Master License" this past summer but I don't think that would kill the Minimates line. I think DC Direct has provisions for that kind of stuff ever since it took them about three years to "borrow" Superman and Batman from Hasbro. I think this line is, more or less, phasing out the JLU line.

Looking at these pictures, does it seem that most of these figures don't have the ability to hold accessories like guns, swords, etc? That would suck, especially for customization purposes.

Well, a lot of them look like very early mock-ups. Some of them don't even have any articulation yet.

I like the look of these. The Wonder Woman looks excellent and there's some nice character choices in there too.

Did someone say these are Star Wars/Gi Joe scale?

Yes. They're 3 3/4 inch figs. This year'll see lots in that scale - Indiana Jones, Hellboy, DC, SW, Gi Joe - I think I also read something about Trek being that scale as well. Would that be the Playmates movie line maybe?

Yes. They're 3 3/4 inch figs. This year'll see lots in that scale - Indiana Jones, Hellboy, DC, SW, Gi Joe - I think I also read something about Trek being that scale as well. Would that be the Playmates movie line maybe?

Correct - Movie Trek figures will be 3 3/4". I think there may able be playsets, but don't quote me on that.

• 9 months later...

ok I did some searching and found this thread and figured I would necro it instead of starting a new one....on to the point, does anyone have any of these? what are they like? I need the GL/GA/BC 3-pack due to my Ollie collection but if they are cool I might add the Flash figures and maybe others for random playing. let me know and picks would be cool too!

Jeff of the Miniacs

ok I did some searching and found this thread and figured I would necro it instead of starting a new one....on to the point, does anyone have any of these? what are they like? I need the GL/GA/BC 3-pack due to my Ollie collection but if they are cool I might add the Flash figures and maybe others for random playing. let me know and picks would be cool too!

Jeff of the Miniacs

While I don't have any pics I'll let you know I have yet to see any with a good paint application. All the ones I have seen are horrible! And when it comes to the three packs there may be one that looks okay and then one or the other two are really jacked up looking. The other thing is too is that they are not articulated enough so if you were planning on posing them in a diorama or something forget it.

Edited by Fo Shizzle

I picked up a Reverse Flash when these first came out, and. . .I hated it. It sucks. The articulation is complete garbage, like something you would see in the early 1980s, maybe. I honestly don't know what Mattel is trying to do with these. The JLU figures don't have any real articulation to speak of, but at least they look good. These look lame, in my opinion. If you remind me next time I send you something Jeff, I'll throw Reverse Flash in there for you.

The JLU figures don't have any real articulation to speak of, but at least they look good. These look lame, in my opinion. If you remind me next time I send you something Jeff, I'll throw Reverse Flash in there for you.

Errrm...Have you picked up Hawkman or Stargirl yet? These are warming up the pegs like crazy in my area. It took me about twenty minutes one day to pick out the best Hawkman at a Target one day. I had them all laid out in a row comparing an eliminating them one by one. (Think JLU's Next Top Model :lol: ) And I have avoided buying Stargirl because all of the ones I have seen around the eyes the paint either gets lighter or is flat out sloppy. Oddly enough though all the multipacks like Grodd and the Apokolips ones seem to be pretty decent. Oh and sorry bout going off topic!

Edited by Fo Shizzle

I picked up a Reverse Flash when these first came out, and. . .I hated it. It sucks. The articulation is complete garbage, like something you would see in the early 1980s, maybe. I honestly don't know what Mattel is trying to do with these. The JLU figures don't have any real articulation to speak of, but at least they look good. These look lame, in my opinion. If you remind me next time I send you something Jeff, I'll throw Reverse Flash in there for you.

Thanks for the quick review...and yea I will totally take you up on that offer....if nothing more then to check him out myself....I am trying not to run over to your haves list and go Joe shopping, holding out for those TRU mates lol....but soon I think I'll be shopping again :)

as for JLU I have some myself and think they do a good job looking like the characters but the limited play factor has deterred me from getting more....might have to try and find Dr Fate though

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 2 weeks later...