UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Infinite Heroes

i have to agree too. while i have not bought any of these figures they look like shit. i mean sure it would be cool to get some DC characters to fight along side your joes and star wars figures. but come on really dc these guys replaced minimates! what make them even worst is that marvel has managed to come out with some really cool comic inspired 3 3/4 heroes. granted i have not bought any of those either (damn minimates taking all my spending moeny!) but put them next to each other and they are worth the price difference.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not possibly agree more. And they're not even T crotches! They're angle cut, which means they can't sit! 7 POA people. SEVEN!

I realize the women have a different articulation plan, but all I have at hand right now are the Flashes and they both have TEN! POA with actual T-crotches. Which would let them sit, were they not so busy saving the Infinite Universes.

Granted, most of my Star Wars memories come from the '80's, but I remember very, very few elbows or knees in that line. In fact, I've got a newer model Boba Fett here on my desk that has... wait for it... 5 POA people. FIVE! Oh, he's sculpted all right: like a statue from the chest down.

My real point being: you guys are looking at the line as collectors. Obviously, DC made the decision to treat these as toys. Cheap toys, regardless of the actual selling price. In a perfect world, they'd all (even Marvel) be articulated like GI Joes. Until then, all your bitching isn't going to change that, so lighten up. :)

Edited by Cappy

Now wait just a doggone minute here. Why is it only to complain about how horrible Playmates Terminator line is, but not DCIH, when they're both the same essentially? What makes it okay to criticize one thing and not the other? Mattel could do so much better, and if the clearance around me is any example, their sales prove it.

Judging by what appears to be the common consensus of recent posts regarding DCIH, I can't say that the Terminator figs are getting a "worse" rap than them. It's just that the Playmates Terminators are relatively new, and the so-called suckiness of DCIH has been some kind of established fact/foregone conclusion for some time now.

P.S. Still have yet to actually own a DCIH figure, though the new DCAU-styled ones are mighty tempting. I saw what I think was the SDCC-exclusive Anti-Monitor one at a local con some time ago... eh, just felt like bringing that up.

are these guys THAT bad? I do fancy that SDCC Anti-Monitor to go with my mates

I'm not sure why you would. I mean, the line already sucks with paint apps and articulation; they're just plain ugly. Then you have the fact that The Anti-Monitor says exclusive, and will cost up to $50 after the show, and then there's him being ONLY 3 3/4"!! It's a bummer since there's almost no way to get 1 of 4 mega-Anti-Monitors...:(

In other words, don't bother. If you don't get about anything like paint or articulation and just want it to pose with them, think about the awful scale.

are these guys THAT bad? I do fancy that SDCC Anti-Monitor to go with my mates

I'm not sure why you would. I mean, the line already sucks with paint apps and articulation; they're just plain ugly. Then you have the fact that The Anti-Monitor says exclusive, and will cost up to $50 after the show, and then there's him being ONLY 3 3/4"!! It's a bummer since there's almost no way to get 1 of 4 mega-Anti-Monitors...:(

In other words, don't bother. If you don't get about anything like paint or articulation and just want it to pose with them, think about the awful scale.

that pretty much answers my question then :thumbsup:

1 of 4 mega-Anti-Monitors? go on...

I'm not sure about the $50 after the show value for the 3 3/4 Anti-Monitor since it will be $10 on the mattycollector site (which sucks since it's free at the show with Anti-Monitor points).

As to the three foot tall A-M, one will be available everyday through a raffle system. You get raffle tickets by turning in A-M points from packaging. It's pretty much a crap-shoot to win one, but my money is on the guy on a few other boards who's been buying them up in mass quantities (last count he had enough for 261 raffle tickets).

And I wont defend this line (Mattel really missed an opportunity with these). However, I'll say that for the cast amount of characters they offer and the lower price of these (especially on the secondary market), the line is very solid as a stand alone line. I've got almost all of them and they look cool together. I wish they'd been more like the MU line or, even better, just like 25th GI Joe, but I'm happy with them as they are.

Now wait just a doggone minute here. Why is it only to complain about how horrible Playmates Terminator line is, but not DCIH, when they're both the same essentially? What makes it okay to criticize one thing and not the other? Mattel could do so much better, and if the clearance around me is any example, their sales prove it.

Judging by what appears to be the common consensus of recent posts regarding DCIH, I can't say that the Terminator figs are getting a "worse" rap than them. It's just that the Playmates Terminators are relatively new, and the so-called suckiness of DCIH has been some kind of established fact/foregone conclusion for some time now.

Sorry, Dinobot. I think NorthRaider summed up what I was feeling: we already know DCIH suck, so let's move beyond that and enjoy what we can of them. Not to say that if some one like bobafett asks about them, he shouldn't hear the truth, but MMMV is a happy place, dammit! (And yes, the T2 figures fall in the "cheap toys" category too.)

FYI, over on Fwoosh it's been reported that someone won 3 of the 30 inch Anit-Monitor figures. It was the member I sold some points to so I feel like I helped contribute to his win, but the interesting thing is if he ends up putting at least one up for sale. It'd be hard telling how much one of those would go for.

The Hal that comes with the First Flight movie looks like he has really improved articulation.

3 Anti Monitors? Man, I just know there some people that are going to hate him because it's "unfair"

I'll let you know tomorrow when i pick mine up. ;) Looks fantastic, and the movie even better. Wish it was JLU style, but i can see DC wanting to expand a new line, the niggles with the names "Hal Jordan" and "JLU" in the same sentence, and 100% playability. Can't wait.

And yea. that's ridiculously unfair to everyone else. It was bad enough that only the people in the Mattel/DC panel knew there'd be two per day and not one, but someone getting three is f*cking insane. I call rigged and scapler.

The Hal that comes with the First Flight movie looks like he has really improved articulation.

3 Anti Monitors? Man, I just know there some people that are going to hate him because it's "unfair"

If the DCIH looked like the Hal Jordan GL that comes with the DVD from Best Buy I would own them all. Other than the ugly figures the hands on them really bother me. They are huge.

And yea. that's ridiculously unfair to everyone else. It was bad enough that only the people in the Mattel/DC panel knew there'd be two per day and not one, but someone getting three is f*cking insane. I call rigged and scapler.

Well, the guy bought enough to have 261 tickets. Since you needed 25 points just to get one ticket and the fact that this line hasn't been selling well, I don't think there were too many people really trying to get this thing. And you have to add in he was buying up most of the points that were being sold by people on-line and I think that explains some. Of course, like everything else, Mattel just doesn't know how to reach the public effectively and do a proper promotion (or anything else).

edit: Here's the link to one of the guys AM's displayed. Very impressive.

Edited by groundhog7s

Wow...that thing is massive...and has pointless leg articulation...:lol: I like that White Raven he has.

And i got my copy of First Flight today. HOLY CRAP these are articulated as hell!! The figure looks so much better than ANY DCIH released before.

PoA:

Head-rotates 360 degrees

Left Arm-ball joint (i guess that's how you'd describe it...)

Left Elbow-up/down, rotates 360

Left wrist-rotates 360

Right Arm-ball joint ( i guess...)

Right Elbow-up/down, rotates 360

Right Wrist-rotates 360

Waist-rotates 360

Left Leg-up/down (nothing past the butt)

Left Knee-up/down, rotates 360

Left Foot-up/down, rotates 360

Right Leg-up/down (nothing past the butt)

Right Knee-up/down, rotates 360

Right Foot-up/down, rotates 360

Impressive for a DCIH and 3 1/4" figure. The paint is almost perfect, and i've only had one tiny chip. Everything has been applied exceptionally well, and the mask is sculpted and painted nice and crisp with no crossing into the skin. It's incredible. If this is what all future DCIHs are going to be like, i'm officially collecting them. Grade: A++

I don't recall the Wonder Woman one being like that. :/

She wasn't supposed to. This Hal is, as quoted by the men of Mattel themselves, the first of the new-articulation line, better sculpting and paint line. And i can't get him out of my hands. He's just so much fun to pose randomly in GL fashion, and i'm really mad we don't have a good Sinestro Corps Sinestro to go with him. Oh, and the hands are in perfect proportion to the body; one is open slightly, and the other a clenched fist.

But i just saw the Wonder woman one online the other day for the first time, and even though it sucks epically i can't help but want it. I'm gonna buy the Movie eventually anyway, but something about it just speaks to me...elbow articulation and better painted eyes would surely help though. ;)

And now i wait for the Superman/Batman: Public enemies DVD to come out and hope Mattel does some sort of pack for it as well; i'm hoping for a two-pack with a $5 dollar increase. I'd hate to have it be an Ultimate Avengers 2 all over again with different figures per store, seeing as Superman/Batman isn't complete with one of the two, and i'm not shelling out double for a toy. <_<