UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Infinite Heroes

Dang, I wish these toys didn't suck, because I sure would like to get Monsieur Mallah, "the Brain," and Roy Harper.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

You know what's funny if you don't care about the lack of articulation and are just going have them up on your shelf there are a few that amazingly have good paint apps. But I have only seen it on characters that I don't care about/want, like Raven, and Capt. Boomerang. But if they can actually color inside the lines for at least these two figures they'll definitely be worth picking up even though they will only have each other to hang out with....

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what's funny if you don't care about the lack of articulation and are just going have them up on your shelf there are a few that amazingly have good paint apps. But I have only seen it on characters that I don't care about/want, like Raven, and Capt. Boomerang.

I decided on a whim to buy Capt.Boomerang but I soon tired of him & put him on ebay for $0.99 with Free shipping. I had no takers so I decided the only thing for it was to just throw him away :(

Can you guess what happened next? :huh:

You know what's funny if you don't care about the lack of articulation and are just going have them up on your shelf there are a few that amazingly have good paint apps. But I have only seen it on characters that I don't care about/want, like Raven, and Capt. Boomerang.

I decided on a whim to buy Capt.Boomerang but I soon tired of him & put him on ebay for $0.99 with Free shipping. I had no takers so I decided the only thing for it was to just throw him away :(

Can you guess what happened next? :huh:

I am guessing he returned right back to your hand :P

Jeff of the Miniacs

I gotta say, when i saw these, i too thought they sucked. But i may have to give em a try wit hthat Mallah set; that is frigging amazing. :) Of course, Brain=0 articulation ;)

And, i saw this in TRU; anyone pick it up, because i considered it:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3155361

Despite what you see, the human parts of Hal are actually trans-green. It looked cool, in my opinion, and may be one of the only Infinite packs i buy.

I gotta say, when i saw these, i too thought they sucked. But i may have to give em a try wit hthat Mallah set; that is frigging amazing. :) Of course, Brain=0 articulation ;)

And, i saw this in TRU; anyone pick it up, because i considered it:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3155361

Despite what you see, the human parts of Hal are actually trans-green. It looked cool, in my opinion, and may be one of the only Infinite packs i buy.

Well The Brain will look cool if it's brain is 'floating' in a transparent dome or something like that which by the looks of it are the way they are going to go.

I have seen the GL set in person and I will tell you Hal looks pretty friggin cool......BUT, once again I looked at all of them and if one figure didn't have paint application issues in one pack another one did.

If the Brain and Mallah comes out looking a lot better than what the rest of the DCIH line has I might pick them up (to this point though I have close to zero interest in DCIH). This line is pretty disappointing when compared to what Hasbro is doing with their small figure lines.

Edited by hypno

• 5 weeks later...

So, I found a couple of really really cheap auction lots of these and had some luck at retail and in two weeks time have created an instant collection. I gotta admit, they've grown on me.

dcih028.jpg

Now I can't wait for the Marvel ones to come and make all of these look stupid.

Edited by groundhog7s

I've been seeing these a lot in our local toy stores, and I've been tempted to get these several times already. I have just one question:

What is up with that Question figure?! I've seen mint versions of him both WITH and WITHOUT a trenchcoat. I can't tell which one is the correct version, dagnabbit.

The one without is the normal and with is the variant. And I wish I lived somewhere where I saw these alot. The few I don't have go for more than I want to pay for by themselves on eBay and there's not much variety in stores. I was at 5 different Target stores last week and all but one only had the first wave. The last one actually had the second wave out.

And yeah, I wouldn't have been as interested except for being able to get a bunch at once. In large groups they look much better and take up less space the the Classics line.

• 2 months later...

Anybody been seeing the new JLU-styled Infinite Heroes? I've been seeing three-packs of these over here, and they oddly seem out of scale with the regular Infinite Heroes figs (the JLU ones seem taller).

Can't remember the exact lineups of these, all I remember is the Batman Beyond pack which had the Terry McGinnis Batman, Old Bruce Wayne and Warhawk. The other packs had (variously) Green Lantern, Supergirl, Huntress, Galatea... and that's all I remember.

Anybody been seeing the new JLU-styled Infinite Heroes? I've been seeing three-packs of these over here, and they oddly seem out of scale with the regular Infinite Heroes figs (the JLU ones seem taller).

Can't remember the exact lineups of these, all I remember is the Batman Beyond pack which had the Terry McGinnis Batman, Old Bruce Wayne and Warhawk. The other packs had (variously) Green Lantern, Supergirl, Huntress, Galatea... and that's all I remember.

I find it absolutely maddening how hard it is for me to even corroborate that these figures exist. Granted, DCIH isn't exactly everyone's cup of tea. But seeing as anything DCAU-related (especially Batman Beyond) tends to make me (and surely a few others) look twice, I'd have figured there should be at least some vague buzz about these.

So far, this is the only solid proof I have:

Justice League Unlimited:

Superman, Huntress, Galatea http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-JUSTICE-LEAGUE-3-PA...93%3A1|294%3A50

Green Lantern, Captain Atom, Supergirl http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-JUSTICE-LEAGUE-3-PA...93%3A1|294%3A50

"new" Green Lantern, Fire, Ice http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-JUSTICE-LEAGUE-3-PA...93%3A1|294%3A50

Batman Beyond: Batman, Old Bruce, Warhawk http://cgi.ebay.com/Batman-Beyond-Warhawk-...93%3A1|294%3A50

FYI, these cost something like $20 in toy stores here

Odd, I could've sworn these were Infinite Heroes figs. Must be my lousy eye condition again.

Edited by NorthRaider

Yeah, as GH says, those are the JLU figures, not Infinite Heroes. They are pretty cool for being the mini-statues that they are. I have a handful. Those 3 packs run about $10 or $12 at Target, if memory serves.

Another factor could possibly be the scale... these are only slightly taller than the regular Infinite Heroes line. They're probably using the orange packaging as an identifier for their 3 3/4 line.

• 3 months later...

For those of you have have wanted to get this line but won't pay full price, TRU stores have Infinite Heroes on clearance, which is 20% off right now, and they have an additional 20% off that for Infinite Heroes stuff. The Battle For Metropolis set had been $50 and is now under $23. The Defense of Oa set was $35 and now is under $20. It's probably too late to really attract some people's attention with this line, but I'm throwing this out there in case.

I'm seriously hoping that the room these have been taking up will be used for more Minimates, but I seriously doubt it.

I'm sorry, but how are Infinite Heroes better than a Star Wars figure?

Star Wars figs have blended articulation (IH have T crotches!!), unique sculpts and paint, ACCESSORIES, and are catered to kids and collectors.

Infinite Heroes have none of those features, and are dollar store figure quality. They may be cheaper than all other 1:18th figs, but honestly, I wouldn't buy one of them for more than 50 cents, and even then, I'd only use their head/and or cape for a custom...

I'm sorry, but how are Infinite Heroes better than a Star Wars figure?

Star Wars figs have blended articulation (IH have T crotches!!), unique sculpts and paint, ACCESSORIES, and are catered to kids and collectors.

Infinite Heroes have none of those features, and are dollar store figure quality. They may be cheaper than all other 1:18th figs, but honestly, I wouldn't buy one of them for more than 50 cents, and even then, I'd only use their head/and or cape for a custom...

I can not possibly agree more. And they're not even T crotches! They're angle cut, which means they can't sit! 7 POA people. SEVEN!

Edited by TM2 Dinobot