UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Haul Thread

minimadman

Abbey Road, The Beatles

Doolittle, The Pixies (FINALLY!)

Two very fine CDs, for sure, from two of my very favorite bands. Though I didn't get much in the way of music for Christmas, my parents did, and so I've got some nice additions to my IPod. Including, but not limited to:

Bob Dylan-Highway 61 Revisited

Bob Dylan-Nashville Skyline

Lou Rawls-Live!

Lyle Lovett and His Large Band-It's Not Big It's Large

Al Green-Gets Next To You

Personally, my big gifts were New Super Mario Bros. Wii (fantastic game), and the Captain America Omnibus, which was suggested in a roundabout way by BHM. Glad he suggested it, because I've had a tough time putting it down. After recently going through the first couple of volumes of the Geoff Johns Green Lantern run, I'm really impressed at how well these guys can take an incredibly banal idea, and make it work due to the fantastic writing.

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a framed Black Cat litho, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Live at with the Tokyo Philharmonic Orcastra CD, and JLU the complete series. Also, for my birthday I for Farscape the complete series (the Best Buy one, which had the Peacekeeper Wars with it). I also got a bunch of Minimates, including TRU wave 5. :)

Yesterday I went boot-scooting around with a bud of mine, and we found some old 25th figures at Target. I got all five for $2 each. so, $10 on joes. I went to a comic store and traded them for $30 worth of minimates. Yay me!

I got a framed Black Cat litho, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Live at with the Tokyo Philharmonic Orcastra CD, and JLU the complete series. Also, for my birthday I for Farscape the complete series (the Best Buy one, which had the Peacekeeper Wars with it). I also got a bunch of Minimates, including TRU wave 5. :)

Yesterday I went boot-scooting around with a bud of mine, and we found some old 25th figures at Target. I got all five for $2 each. so, $10 on joes. I went to a comic store and traded them for $30 worth of minimates. Yay me!

JEALOUS. :ohmy: Haruhi Suzumiya=<3, JLU=one of the greatest shows of all time.

Nice Christmas haul for myself:

DVDs:

That 70s Show Season 7 (thank you so much, Dad)

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA THE COMPLETE SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! (greatest present. EVER.)

Minimates:

Wave 29

Wave 30

GB Box Set II

GitD Slimer/GB2 Ray

DC:

DCUC Beast Boy

DCUC Man-bat

DCUC Forager

Blackest Night John Stewart

Blackest Night Indigo

Blackest Night Kryb

Blackest Night Martian Manhunter

Green Lantern Showcase Vol. 1

Clothing:

Batman Arkham Asylum T-shirt (thanks, Uncle Duane)

Darth Vader T-shirt (again, thanks Uncle)

8-bit X-men T-shirt

Halo DST Hoodie

Late gifts:

DCUC Joker (:))

DCUC Wave 11 (not here yet)

Of course, it isn't as much as it seems. Everything was on sale. :P Well, except the Minimates, but that's reasonable.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

wow - well done TTF.

Hey, whats an '8-bit X-men T-shirt'?

As an X fan, i'm curious. picture?

Anything for a fellow X-fan, Nessex!!

Not home right now, but Hot Topic (where it was bought; best store ever.) has picture on ther site:

2ilnb6t.jpg

I love it; full of old, 70s goodness. In 8-bit. :lol:

Though i still don't know why the hell Silver Surfer is on there. Miry??

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

wow - well done TTF.

Not home right now, but Hot Topic (where it was bought; best store ever.) has picture on ther site:

2ilnb6t.jpg

Silver surfer or confused rendition of iceman?

T.

wow - well done TTF.

2ilnb6t.jpg

T.

Iceman with delusions of grandeur?

wow - well done TTF.

2ilnb6t.jpg

T.

Iceman with delusions of grandeur?

Perhaps Iceman finally got tired of being a mutant no one really cares about?? :P

I feel somewhat stupid for not realizing that was Iceman, either way. :lol:

Hmm? Sorry, I have no idea why they chose to recolor a Kirby Silver Surfer into an Iceman that doesn't really match the Cockrum X-Men at all. Aside from them needing something to fill that corner.

hot topic is the opposite of punk it is corporate greed, packaged as rebellion and sold to the youth of today. neatly tucked into a mall right next to a lane bryant and orange julius

moc847

I used to actually like Hot Topic. They had band shirts that I actually liked.

Now, all the sell are bullshit emo garbage.

Their metal shirts are almost non-existant now. It's all Twilight this, Other Fad that.

hot topic is the opposite of punk it is corporate greed, packaged as rebellion and sold to the youth of today. neatly tucked into a mall right next to a lane bryant and orange julius

moc847

Their metal shirts are almost non-existant now. It's all Twilight this, Other Fad that.

And the awesome nerd shirts. Don't forget the nerd shirts. :P

THAT'S the reason i like 'em. :lol:

moc847

I Love Hot Topic,As A Metal-Head.Not For Anything Else But The Metallica And Iron Maiden Shirts,But Like Doc Said,The Metal Shirts ARE Nonexistent :( But I have A Feeling When Twilight Dies,Metal Shirts Will Be Back There.That Will Be A Long Time.........

moc847

But I have A Feeling When Twilight Dies,Metal Shirts Will Be Back There.That Will Be A Long Time.........

Not unless a toilet paper shortage comes. :D

Back to the point of this thread.

The postal carrier just dropped off my instant collection of Masters of the Universe Classics.

I got 10 figures and am now only missing 3 released characters.

If you liked MotU as a kid these guys are phenomenal and should be picked up. They are sculpted by the Four Horsemen and typically come with around 3 to 5 accessories.

Edited by vbpanizzi

Pretty cool stuff, vbp. After initially staying away, I've got a Skeletor in the mail, He-Man in my Pile O' Loot at the Big Bad Toy Store, and I plan on picking up Battlecat. That's probably as far as the line goes for me, though, unless they do the knight guy who had a bunch of snakes hidden under his false, humanoid exterior. Or possibly the big furry brown guy.