UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

Well... I bought Paradise...

Wen't to BestBuy to get Torchwood season 1, and "just went and looked" at the games. To my shock, they had two copies of Burnout Paradise for the PS3 (tons for the 360, though), so I had to get it...

Holy Gods! That's all I can say. I knew that what we were getting in the demo was just a small sample of the whole city, but I was totally shocked by just how massive this thing is.... I spent two hours last night just driving around... Logged around 100 miles, and I know there's still around 150 miles left to see...

Go get this game!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just saw the IGN video review for Burnout Paradise. You know what would probably make that game better? If you could shoot different types of turtle shells at other cars. If somebody made a racing game like that, I would probably buy it.

I was actually disappointed to hear that you got rid of Halo there Neo...

But the reason why might surprise you.

No offense intended to other people I've played with online, but I really enjoyed playing with you and Ady more than anyone else I've played with on the boards.

Ady's barely played in months and sadly I only played with you for a (VERY) short time.

I guess I'm just saying I'm sad that the only game (to my knowledge) that we both have now is Worms, which neither of us play.

Oh well, maybe I'll see you online in something down the road. :confused:;)

Dude......you're gonna make me cry...... :(

We'll just have to make Worms a priority, it is still one of my top 5 favorite games on the 360, just haven't played much since Call of Duty 4. Next time your one Nestle, we'll play some Worm Killing Action and relive the glory days :). And, to make you feel better, I didn't get rid of Halo. I was just about too, but then I found out that Burnout didn't have 2-player Splitscreen action, so I'm going to hold my purchase until it's a platnum title. I'm not paying full price for a racing game that is only 1 player!!! So, who knows, I may just be playing Halo 3 again sometime soon..........or at least until Devil May Cry comes out :D. neo

Well I would consider that good news. :thumbsup:

I picked up the new issue of EGM (which I haven't done in awhile since their website is free).

In it Burnout got all 9.0s (A Gold score), so even though I haven't played it I would say that game is a good investment.

Also it reminded me of another game for PS3 I would like: The Agency.

Friggin sweet!

LOL, Devil May Cry. :lol:

Which puts mylist at:

Valkerie of the Battlefield (Late 2008)

The Agency (Late 2008)

Final Fantasy 13 Versus (2009)

Also this year on the systems I own:

Army of 2 (March)

Smash Bros Brawl (March)

Soul Caliber 4 (Fall)

Too Human (Spring)

Also this year on the systems I own:

Army of 2 (March)

Smash Bros Brawl (March)

Soul Caliber 4 (Fall)

Too Human (Spring)

I just got a Wii for my birthday, and I'm super-psyched about Smash Brothers (though I'm just going to assume, so that I don't get disappointed, that they're going to delay it again for another several months). Anybody have any guesses as to extra playable characters that haven't yet been announced? I would be as "happy as a little girl" if we could get Megaman, Simon Belmont, and Bill or Lance from Contra. . .

The only non Ninento Characters announced so far are Solid Snake and Sonic.

Nintendo ACCIDENTALLY revealed 3 characters the day before yesterday though. Ness and Jigglypuff were obvious, but theres also some black and blue pokemon-dog thing (I only know the original 151).

A video they released showed how the sticker album works and how you can equip stickers to characters... And accidentally showed these 3 being equipped. Since then their pictures have been blurred on the film, but the covers' blown.

It won't matter though, it's out in a week in Japan and then all the characters will be public knowledge.

I'm pretty sure March 9th'll be the day though. ;)

The Konami connection with Snake gives me hope for a Contra or Castlevania character, and Mega Man might be a pipe dream, but that would round out the group of core, iconic NES characters that I would want to see (excluding, perhaps, Little Mac and Luigi).

Some more Pokemon's, huh? yay. . .

Nintendo ACCIDENTALLY revealed 3 characters the day before yesterday though. Ness and Jigglypuff were obvious, but theres also some black and blue pokemon-dog thing (I only know the original 151).

A video they released showed how the sticker album works and how you can equip stickers to characters... And accidentally showed these 3 being equipped. Since then their pictures have been blurred on the film, but the covers' blown.

It won't matter though, it's out in a week in Japan and then all the characters will be public knowledge.

I'm pretty sure March 9th'll be the day though. ;)

Speaking of characters...

PLEASE POST ALL SPOILERS REVEALED AFTER THE JAPANESE RELEASE (Ex: Hidden Characters) IN THE SPOILER BLOCKS

I don't want it ruined.

Well... I bought Paradise...

Wen't to BestBuy to get Torchwood season 1, and "just went and looked" at the games. To my shock, they had two copies of Burnout Paradise for the PS3 (tons for the 360, though), so I had to get it...

Holy Gods! That's all I can say. I knew that what we were getting in the demo was just a small sample of the whole city, but I was totally shocked by just how massive this thing is.... I spent two hours last night just driving around... Logged around 100 miles, and I know there's still around 150 miles left to see...

Go get this game!

I picked it up too! My favorite game by far. I sit a couple of feet from my 37" HD screen and ZOOOOOM! Racing through the city is an immersive, amazing adrenaline rush. The AI is wicked evil! I've only done about one full lap of the city so far.

Gotta agree Jatta...

The countryside is gorgeous, the mountains are twisty and fun to drift, the city's fun to run full out in...

The most fun I've had is just driving and taking some of the little shortcuts. I've found a dirttrack down in the South West that was alot of fun to just run laps on... It's a mile long track, look for the signs on the road, and go through the yellow signs...

Driving on the traintracks is pretty fun too... The huge drops in the middle of the track are sweet, and give you a nice shower of sparks when you land...

Haven't played the actual game online too much, just trying to take the whole city in.

Nestle - That's a great story. I love it when people who know nothing about video games try to just get on the bandwagon with the fact (FACT!) that video games are evil (EVIL!) .

The most fun I've had is just driving and taking some of the little shortcuts. I've found a dirttrack down in the South West that was alot of fun to just run laps on... It's a mile long track, look for the signs on the road, and go through the yellow signs...

Ok, I'll be sure to check out that area. I need to practice my drift turning.

Driving on the traintracks is pretty fun too... The huge drops in the middle of the track are sweet, and give you a nice shower of sparks when you land...

Haven't played the actual game online too much, just trying to take the whole city in.

Have you played a "Road Rage" race yet? OMG! I hopped online just to check things out and I started doing Takedowns on the other players. Vicious!

I may have to buy another HDTV and PS3 just so I can play though. I can't get my wife off the game. She HATED videogames until we got this PS3. Now she keeps bogarting the controller. Hint to guys: Tell her your getting it for the Blu-Ray capabilities. Once it's in the house your golden.

Ok so I got a PSP for my birthday yesterday, and I only have two games: Battlefront Reegade Squadron and Daxter. What other non-sports or racing games should I get. I just don't like Sports/racig games.

Ok so I got a PSP for my birthday yesterday, and I only have two games: Battlefront Reegade Squadron and Daxter. What other non-sports or racing games should I get. I just don't like Sports/racig games.

I don't have a PSP. . .but if I did, I would most definitely get Power Stone, Metal Gear: Portable Ops, Castlevania: Dracula X, and that Mega Man game.

I'd say Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Opps, or Killzone LIberation (my fav)

Hello to all. I have decided to NOT GET A PS3 UNTILL NEXT YEAR unless somthing comes up. I have decided to do this because of a little somthing called Halo, Undertow, and Xbox live all in one console at one time. Instead I might just get a PSP because I already have a Console (xbox360) and don't have any portable system. Also I am going to be on the road a lot for track. See you all on Xbox live for the next year!

PS: Yes Neo, I changed the "loser" picture.

Undertow changed your mind? :huh:

(LOL) :P

Somewhat. That free download made me realize how good Xbox live is. But also that fact that I will be on the road on EVERY FRIDAY UNTILL MAY for track kind of made me wanna get a portable system.

There are a few good games for the PSP, but if you want a hand-held system, I think the DS outranks it in terms of having great games. Its probably my favorite system that I own (next to my NES-compatible Yobo, of course).