UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC MINIMATES WAVE 5 Solicited!

AdyCarter

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I'm normally pumping sunshine, honestly I am, but I guess I'm just having a bad day. First I find out that we finally get a Thor release. And while I can't wait to get my hands on Thor, I'm a little depressed because it will probably be another 5 years before we have a chance to get an Ultimate Thor mate which should be the only version of Thor ever.

Now, I look at the list of new DC Mates. While I'm very happy to see the Hawk Family, Red Tornado, and Shazam, I have to say WTC is up with Guy Gardner. Seriously, has there been a worse Green Lantern EVER? But again, I am trying to look to the positive. With Guy and John out of the way, the lame or the lame is finished. Now we can just sit back and look forward to Kyle and Hal anytime now! neo

Now we can just sit back and look forward to Kyle and Hal anytime now! neo

Erm... Hal is going to be in wave 1, so will be here way before wave 5!

And Kyle changes costume more often than a vegas showgirl, I bet they cant decide which one to pick.

T.

Dude, I must be some kind of MORON if I didn't know that Hal was coming out in the 1st wave. Seriously, what do you take me for, a complete LOSER......

Oh, by the way, I didn't notice that Hal was in the 1st wave :). Now that only leaves Kyle, and I don't care what costume he wears ;). neo

:wallbash:<_< im not lookin forward to this wave at all (cept red tornado and the hawks) but other than that...hmmmm i rather have seen the black cannary, gray and blck costume Batman, flash, and better green lanterns like gottee john stewart.

^^ That's my preffered suit as well, and here's hoping for at least 1 figure of my favorite GL, Kyle Rayner!

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

NOOOO! This totally sucks! I was hoping that they'd skip doin' Guy Gardner and Kilowog so I could get another chance to make second custom versions of them. They were about a week or 2 away from completion. Do I go on or wait for the real thing? To be honest, I'm very impressed with series 5 but (ego aside) Guy looks like he's got a beer gut and Kilowog head is shaped like a squash. Bummer. :(

Although I do echo the sentiment about the lack of villains, in the case of Mary Marvel, I can live with it. Mary Marvel on her own probably won't sell like Black Adam would. In fact, dollars to donuts, we'll in time see a 2 pack of Black Adam and Isis.

My pick of the wave, though, has to be Red Tornado. Excellent job, DCD.

My nit-pick of the wave, though, is Hawkgirl. I'd have preferred Kendra instead of... well, however you spell the Silver Age version's name. But I'll still happily take both Hawkpeople.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

NOOOO! This totally sucks! I was hoping that they'd skip doin' Guy Gardner and Kilowog so I could get another chance to make second custom versions of them. They were about a week or 2 away from completion. Do I go on or wait for the real thing? To be honest, I'm very impressed with series 5 but (ego aside) Guy looks like he's got a beer gut and Kilowog head is shaped like a squash. Bummer. :(

i think u should go on with ur customates, they might be better than the wave 5 ones. has any1 noticed that Red Tornado is bigger than Ma Hunkle. and does hawkman and hawkgirl have their Nth maces?

:batmanblack: :superman::flash::bunny::batmanblue: :batmanblue: :batmanblue:

i think u should go on with ur customates, they might be better than the wave 5 ones. has any1 noticed that (the name excapes me at this moment) the minimates that is with Red Tornado is shorter than him, either he's 2.5" or she's 1.75" (which is unheard of)!

:batmanblack: :superman::flash::bunny::batmanblue: :batmanblue: :batmanblue:

If you look closely at her feet, you'll notice she has the new Minimate Slipper feet that will debut with the Penguin. That and her head piece make her look shorter.

:wallbash:<_< im not lookin forward to this wave at all (cept red tornado and the hawks) but other than that...hmmmm i rather have seen the black cannary, gray and blck costume Batman, flash, and better green lanterns like gottee john stewart.

Okay, this is getting rediculous. John Stewart is already available.

And I for one would be really annoyed to see a 4th Flash, a second John Stewart & a 7th Batman. :rolleyes:

Anyone else who's annoyed that we haven't seen Booster Gold yet? Or maybe PowerGirl? :tongue:

Okay, this is getting rediculous. John Stewart is already available.

Anyone else who's annoyed that we haven't seen Booster Gold yet? Or maybe PowerGirl? :tongue:

with all do respec, i meant John Stewart WITH his gottee. yes this is getting rediculous, have u been followin the news lately? Booster Gold AND PowerGirl are gonna be available in wave 2. and ther's only 2 flashes available so far, unless u mean Jay Garrick, but i'd like a modern Flash. :bunny::banana::D

I, er, think Nestle was kidding about BG and Power Girl... :blush:

But ANYWAY, this is very cool. VERY, cool. I for one think it'll be AWESOMENESS to re-enact the JLU "Clash" fight with Superman and Captain Marvel.

On another note: is anyone else thinking that maybe this much news, this early on, is too much of a good thing? I mean, BEFORE the internet, people just had to wait and see when their favorite products were coming out, and what exactly those products were. I don't mean to be preachy or dampening, I'm just saying I kinda miss the old days when I would walk into a Target and see new 'Mates or Legends and swear at myself 'cause I didn't bring any money. Now we know months, maybe years ahead of time what and when will be coming out, and we still speculate on the next wave. Wave 14 hasn't even come out yet. I kinda miss the spontaneous aspect, y'know? :mellow:

I, er, think Nestle was kidding about BG and Power Girl... :blush:

But ANYWAY, this is very cool. VERY, cool. I for one think it'll be AWESOMENESS to re-enact the JLU "Clash" fight with Superman and Captain Marvel.

On another note: is anyone else thinking that maybe this much news, this early on, is too much of a good thing? I mean, BEFORE the internet, people just had to wait and see when their favorite products were coming out, and what exactly those products were. I don't mean to be preachy or dampening, I'm just saying I kinda miss the old days when I would walk into a Target and see new 'Mates or Legends and swear at myself 'cause I didn't bring any money. Now we know months, maybe years ahead of time what and when will be coming out, and we still speculate on the next wave. Wave 14 hasn't even come out yet. I kinda miss the spontaneous aspect, y'know? :mellow:

Then you'll just have to turn off your internets and live in a cave! ;)

Besides, there are not the surprises when it comes to direct market stuff. Your comic shop gets these solicits months ahead of when the product will arrive so they can put their orders in. If you trust your LCS to order everything you might potentially want and show up every week, I think you'd get the same reaction you are going for. I have heard the point you are making many times, so you are not alone. I think the only problem that comes from "too much information" is that we can be set up for disappointment when things don't work out (LotR3 amongst many other examples).

Anyway - looks like a very neat wave. I dig the highly-thematic pairings. Ma Hunkle looks like she has the 'stumpy feet' making her shorter, but what is Mary Marvel's excuse? She looks just a wee more wee (to me).

These mates look awesome! I went away for one weekend and I come back to SOOOOOO many new Mates. This is a weird choice in a line up though. The hawks and Capt Marvel I saw coming, but the others really surprised me. I though they would do some more superman villains or batman's gallery of rouges (Poison Ivey). But hey I can not complain about new and awesome minimates!

MA HUNKEL?! even I didn't know who she was, and I pride myself on my love for obscure jokey characters. :spiderham: Is we can get her, then I'm sure we'll get Lobo, and maybe we'll even get Ambush Bug! And wouldn't an Angel and the Ape two pack rock?