UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC MINIMATES WAVE 5 Solicited!

AdyCarter

DC MINIMATES WAVE 5

The DC Universe just got smaller — and more collectible! DC Direct and Art Asylum team up to deliver your favorite super-heroes with a MiniMates makeover! These figures range in size from 2.125” – 2.5” tall. Each 2 pack is blister-carded on a 4-color card. Collect them all!

IN STORES 9/19/07

CAPTAIN MARVEL WITH MARY MARVEL

mm5cptmarvelmmarvelta0.th.jpg

HAWKMAN WITH HAWKGIRL

mm5hwkmhwkgtk1.th.jpg

GUY GARDNER WITH KILOWOG

mm5ggrdnrkilwgyc0.th.jpg

RED TORNADO WITH MA HUNKEL

mm5redtrndomahnkltx5.th.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great mix here ... modern, Silver age and GOLDEN age characters!

With Deadman, Spectre and Red Tornado ... the only biggies from my must-have list are Atom and Firestorm.

It's all cake from there ...

Ma Hunk is a random choice. Not sure how I feel about it. Those who want a modern ref. for her, check out the new Justice Society of America #1 & 2. What an awesome book.

Xybot's brain is on overload today. Thor. DC. So happy.

Awesome chioces I think since they are varied, a little Golden Age, a little Silver Age, and even some modern, if you want to take the Captain and Guy, and let them hang around with Booster and Blue Beetle, as a JL/JLI reunion of sorts.

Kilowog kinda fits in there too, doesn't he?

Really good stuff. I'm getting excited for series 1 to be released! I have a set fro me and one for my son on order at the lcs.

Fantastic news! And if I have one complaint, it is this: no villians! I love mary Marvel as much as the next guy, but I think Black Adam would have been a better choice for Cap's box partner, especially given his high profile as of late. Still, that's what customization is for, and Cap's parts will make that all the easier.

Ma Hunkel was completely out of left field. She is a fun character for those who like light humor. She appeared in the JSA's first meeting in All Star Comics #3, but had to run out when the back of her pants ripped out! These days, the older Ma Hunkel has settled down to more "traditional" tasks of serving as the JSA housekeeper and "den mother" for the lack of better word. Her granddaughter has developed cyclonic powers and has joined the JSA as of Justice Society of America #1 (a great book, check it out if you haven't already done so!)

On interesting bit is that the characters in these two packs "mirror" each other in the sense that they each pack shows variations on a single superhero icon: Captain Marvel, Green Lantern, Red Tornado, and Hawkman, while past packs reflected themes or books: (Batman, Superman, Mystical heroes, JSA stalwarts, and so on). As a result, the figures in each pack look a bit . . . samey. I know, gripe, gripe, and don't get me wrong, I am excited, but it is an interesting group.

WOW

These line ups keep getting better and better!!!

The only characters I think are shoe ins for 5

Captain Marvel (Shazam!)

2-Face

Red Tornado

This was my post on Oct 9th

I hit 2 of them !!!!

Guy Gardner? OH MAN I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo in love with minimates

this week has been MY Christmas!!!!

Wasn't Ma Hunkel generally known as the first female superhero, pre-dating even Wonder Woman?

I honestly don't know, but that's what I was always under the impression of... and since she was 'the first', it led to a sort of cult following for her?

Matt

aka Iron-Cow

Whoo Hooo! More good news. I really like the Red Tornado in this wave. It's perfect with the current storyline running in the "Justice League of America" comic. Get ready for Reddy.

Ma Hunkel is unique surprise. Now I'm wondering if Marvel will counter with a release of a Forbush Man minimate?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbush_Man :thumbsup:

I'm just happy not to see any SuperBats in there. I'm LOVING this variety!

The variety astounds me, too. If Ma Hunkel can make it, then just about any DC character is fair game. Jonah Hex, Sgt. Rock, the Unknown Soldier, Kamandi, Ambush Bug - my mind boggles...

All I know is that there has been a small but persistent movement on the DC boards to get a Ma Hunkel figure made for YEARS. I know a couple people who will go apeshit when they see this.

I'm just happy not to see any SuperBats in there. I'm LOVING this variety!

Aint that the truth. Too bad DC Direct won't do a Ma figure in the 6 inch, 7 inch or whatever scale they're using this month, line.

The variety is awesome. Of course, with the price, I'm more tolerant of frequent iterations of Supes/Bats minimates, but the fact that so far, through a few waves, they haven't gone to that well again is really a nice surprise.

I guess if we get a Brother Power mini in wave 6, we'll know for sure they've eschewed the model used with the larger figures.