UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Deadpool 2?

Mnemosis

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

We're talking about a look. I don't really care what "race" a character like The Joker is but he'd better have chalk white skin, emerald hair, and rouge red lips. Anything else is an Elseworlds story. This is pretend, people.

Again PL we are on the same wavelength,  race isnt what matters here, its the look, Jazie Beetz would be fine if she had the complete Domino look, there are a few characters that are defined by their race, as its played into their development,  but not many

6 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

to hell with what other people think!

you only have to be honest with yourself, if in your heart you know its not a race thing then thats that.

Like I said, the only other race I would've preferred over African American is Japanese, maybe Chinese or Korean.

10 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

Like I said, the only other race I would've preferred over African American is Japanese, maybe Chinese or Korean.

:lol: I love that none of those are "races." We've become so paranoid about being "racist" that we've redefined what "races" are. I sincerely look forward to the day when we're all the same shade of brown so we can judge people by what's truly important; how they drive.

59 minutes ago, Heinous said:

Oh man, a hit monkey pack in would be an awesome accessory! Typhoid Mary would be a good figure too, I guess she's more of a DD villain though, huh? 

If Hit-Monkey was a pack in, then the wave could be four Deadpool variants and four other current Mercs for Money (Machine Man, Negasonic, Gorilla-Man, and Masacre). With the wave 65 Deadpool and Domino, you'd have the whole team.

2 hours ago, Heinous said:

Oh man, a hit monkey pack in would be an awesome accessory! Typhoid Mary would be a good figure too, I guess she's more of a DD villain though, huh? 

LoL! I was watching some of the new Avengers cartoons. I saw Typhoid Mary, Hercules, Ghost, Ares and a few others. I wouldn't mind getting Typhoid Mary, Ghost and an Ares re-do. That mate looks great but is too expensive on the secondary market. 

Oh ghost would be awesome! Especially his modern look with the dark avengers. I was actually thinking today it's crazy we don't have a super adaptoid yet, he's all reuse parts! Vision cape, Ironman mask and gauntlets, and maybe his belt with the circles on the side. Cap boots and shield (he used a shield right? I'm blanking) 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

I think a dark Avengers wave would be awesome. I need a ghost minimate and ares is rare enough to warrant a redo and dark gargan spidey could anchor the wave. 

Id gladly buy a comic ghost in that wave and then another movie ghost when antman 2 comes out :yes:

Is Ghost the villain for Ant Man 2? I fear for how he'll look. For some reason the MCU doesn't think villains wear costumes. Only superheroes are silly enough to wear them......I'm looking at you Batroc. 

59 minutes ago, Freaqualizer said:

...... For some reason the MCU doesn't think villains wear costumes. Only superheroes are silly enough to wear them......I'm looking at you Batroc. 

Obidiah Stane  -costume

Abomination - "costume"

Whiplash - costume

Loki - costume

Red skull -costume

Chitauri/ Thanos -costumes

Killian -No costume but fiery limbs, tattoos

Malekith/Dark elves -costumes

Winter soldier -costume,  Pierce - no costume, Batroc partial costume

Ronan/Nebula -costumes

Ultron - "costume"

Yellow jacket - costume

Crossbones- costume, Zemo - no costume

Kaecilius - costume

Ego/ravengers  - costumes

the Vulture - costume

th?id=OIP.QwEntTeXgj9LDb0eWVNakgEsCo&pid

Edited by Mattallica

9 hours ago, Heinous said:

Oh ghost would be awesome! Especially his modern look with the dark avengers. I was actually thinking today it's crazy we don't have a super adaptoid yet, he's all reuse parts! Vision cape, Ironman mask and gauntlets, and maybe his belt with the circles on the side. Cap boots and shield (he used a shield right? I'm blanking) 

We have the shield.....Invaders Cap......but the SA also can be seen with a round version.

Re the colour conversation in this thread ....I want to say that I have been heartened by it ....great stuff.  I can only add that I am into the third book of The Dark Tower heptad * & you are welcome to draw any conclusion from my following comment which is just how it is ...

......I imagined Idris as Walter & Matthew as Roland ..    I!ve now seen the movie ads & I am staggered...make of that what you will .

* who knew ?

Edited by buttheadsmate

7 hours ago, Mattallica said:

Obidiah Stane  -costume

Abomination - "costume"

Whiplash - costume

Loki - costume

Red skull -costume

Chitauri/ Thanos -costumes

Killian -No costume but fiery limbs, tattoos

Malekith/Dark elves -costumes

Winter soldier -costume,  Pierce - no costume, Batroc partial costume

Ronan/Nebula -costumes

Ultron - "costume"

Yellow jacket - costume

Crossbones- costume, Zemo - no costume

Kaecilius - costume

Ego/ravengers  - costumes

the Vulture - costume

th?id=OIP.QwEntTeXgj9LDb0eWVNakgEsCo&pid

I did think long and hard about my statement before I made it. For the most part, the MCU heroes resemble their comic book counter parts. 

Whiplash had a costume? 

Abomination had a costume? 

Malekith resembled his comic book counter part's costume? No. He wore armor. 

The Red Skull wore a uniform, granted he wears a uniform on and off again in the comics. 

Ultron? Really? 

But, that's ok. I'll concede and say you're right. Great job, keyboard warrior, another win for you. 

@Freaqualizer It's not so much a matter of no costume as they are off comics model. MCU is hardly the only offender on that as only Rami's Sandman was "on model" and the less said about the  "Amazing" era designs the better. (and then there's the X-Men franchise.... oy)

But then, 90% of comics costumes look stupid translated into live action. (don't believe me, go visit the Marvel section of universal studios theme park) Malekith looks like a bad playing card warrior from Wonderland, not really threatening. Vulture... wrinkly guy in his mid 70's in green tights with wings under his arms. shudder.

Stuff gets changed for Movies and TV. Races get changed, costumes get mangled, origins get mutilated. The question becomes is the core of the character recognizable? MCU's Vulture, and Rami's Doc Ock? Easily despite both their origins and costumes being changed. Electro and Whiplash? Not so much.

And Abomination was very on model... just the Ultimate Universe Abomination, but w/o the tail. Most of the MCU is more based on the 1610 rather than the 616.