UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha that's so true! I never thought about how swimming in coins would be impossible.

He's from a world where animals act like people and this is what's impossible?

If you say there's robot police ducks ... I will not believe you.

Hahaha that's so true! I never thought about how swimming in coins would be impossible.

He's from a world where animals act like people and this is what's impossible?

If you say there's robot police ducks ... I will not believe you.

I won't get into the whole "the ducks need airplanes to fly" thing just to spare you the headache.

I seem to be in a minority in that I'm not all that interested in a Stan Lee minimate. (Or Stan the Janitor, or the Mayor of Super Hero City from Super Hero Squad, or any of his various cameos from any movies)...

I love the man for his contributions to the world, but I'd always prefer more canon Marvel characters. I realize he has a weird cameo here and there that could be called quasi-canon, but... we all know it's just a creator cameo in disguise. I don't really like these odd outlier figures that lines sometimes do, that don't seem to fit well and/or realistically amongst the rest of the line (I'm looking at you generic Fire Chief from the Spidey Two-Pack).

If you asked me to pick 2 of the 3, and the choices were Stan, Man-Thing & Squirrel Girl, I'd pick Man-Thing and Squirrel Girl.

I'd even pick fairly new looks for characters we already have.

The only way I could see myself choosing Stan over actual Marvel characters is if like... the other two choices were a new, yet only marginally different Spider-Man and Iron Man.

I seem to be in a minority in that I'm not all that interested in a Stan Lee minimate. (Or Stan the Janitor, or the Mayor of Super Hero City from Super Hero Squad, or any of his various cameos from any movies)...

I love the man for his contributions to the world, but I'd always prefer more canon Marvel characters. I realize he has a weird cameo here and there that could be called quasi-canon, but... we all know it's just a creator cameo in disguise. I don't really like these odd outlier figures that lines sometimes do, that don't seem to fit well and/or realistically amongst the rest of the line (I'm looking at you generic Fire Chief from the Spidey Two-Pack).

If you asked me to pick 2 of the 3, and the choices were Stan, Man-Thing & Squirrel Girl, I'd pick Man-Thing and Squirrel Girl.

I'd even pick fairly new looks for characters we already have.

The only way I could see myself choosing Stan over actual Marvel characters is if like... the other two choices were a new, yet only marginally different Spider-Man and Iron Man.

I'm with you on this

The way ML did the Stan Lee figure years and years ago as a con exclusive was the way to go, I wouldn't want him wasting a slot when there are so many deserving COMIC characters