UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
Gmonkey2k

Animated Marvel 'Mates

10 hours ago, CortherX said:

does anyone else use the walgreens app? i used to be able to get an idea of when a store would restock, but now when i do the search store feature, it tells me there's nothing around. is this an common issue?

I think others have said the same thing 

Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill jacksh** nothing for these or Infinity War wave 2. I was so excited to not only find wave 1, but an overabundance of it to where I was able to help quite a few board members, including overseas ones. *sigh* :wallbash:

I hit up 6 Walgreens in the Memphis/Southaven area and found nothing but Ragnorak and Black Panther sets. Only one store had any animated sets and it was the Hawkeye/Crossbones. After lunch I said screw it and came home. It was too hot outside and too frustrating to go to anymore stores just to come out empty handed. 

5 hours ago, Tribble_WC said:

It was too hot outside and too frustrating to go to anymore stores just to come out empty handed. 

Did you see any penguins just walking around?

10 hours ago, Mnemosis said:

No, but I did see a tiger riding a flaming motorcycle. Hell of a sight that was.

47 minutes ago, Tribble_WC said:

No, but I did see a tiger riding a flaming motorcycle. Hell of a sight that was.

:jawdrop:

It’s pretty frustrating to go into Walgreens and not finding any new sets. My son loves Spidey and wants to get all the new sets for Wave 8 and 9. Still see the same Black Panther movie, Wave 1 IW Minimates.

As I said I was planning to do over my vacation, on Tuesday I traveled over 200 miles to hit 27 of the closest 36 Walgreens stores. I was hoping to find wave 8 or wave 9 or more of IW2. Here is what I did find:

At least I found a set of wave 8....

Glad you were able to find Wave 8, Onyx_6. 

On 8/7/2018 at 7:45 PM, Mnemosis said:

XS5LK.gif

Went to 4 Walgreens yesterday on the way home from work and nothing new. 

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:27 PM, EricM said:

Glad you were able to find Wave 8, Onyx_6. 

looks like wave 2 from infinity war hanging there too...at least I see Gamora

Edited by mav-man

I know people are still lookin for series 8 and 9 and infinity war series 2. My stores dont have anything new. Saw an animated hawkeyes set a few days ago. But does anyone know when the new comic series of mates is gonna come out. Just tryin to see if i'll have to wait 4 to 6 months after everone gets theirs to see if the stores in my area will get them.

6 hours ago, spidermatt said:

I know people are still lookin for series 8 and 9 and infinity war series 2. My stores dont have anything new. Saw an animated hawkeyes set a few days ago. But does anyone know when the new comic series of mates is gonna come out. Just tryin to see if i'll have to wait 4 to 6 months after everone gets theirs to see if the stores in my area will get them.

Hopefully we can order online by then 

Wave 8 was found by people back in March, and it still hasn't hit a single store near me.  It's been 5 months.  Are these collecting dust in a warehouse or were the production numbers drastically reduced from previous waves?  I have seen nothing of Wave 9 or Infinity War Wave 2 either.  My optimism is telling me to hold out for the Rite Aid conversions, but honestly this is killing any interest I have in Walgreens assortments.

You're not alone, YB. My Minimates momentum is waning considerably, and not just with the Walgreens waves. If it wasn't for some custom fodder I needed from Luke's, I'd be spending my cash elsewhere already.

Same. They're definitely a neat way to get characters that aren't in the main line (Squirrel Girl, Man-Thing, etc), but these last two waves have kind of soured me on the Animated guys.