UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toyfair 2015

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't help noticing how aggressively they were marketed. The first three series came out only a month apart. The following four came out every other month. Compare that to how often Marvel Minimates series get released and that's a pretty dense saturation of product in a short amount of time.

Also there's a promo poster that shows four series at once. Not just control art but painted prototypes! That's commitment.

If GTA is ever made into Minimates, I could maybe see a few boxsets at best.

Gonna have to agree with Pedro on this one.

Never thought I would say that.

Ever.

Damn. Now I really want GTA Minimates. I think of all the games, GTA V has the better characters. With the three main characters, secondary characters and villains, now I think about it number five might actually make a nice wave.

But then again, it's GTA. Toys R Us would never sell them, and I don't think a comic book shop is the right place to sell them either. Another GameStop exclusive?

I've been saying for years that GTA would be an awesome license, especially ever since I learned about those GTA kubricks. The characters range from bikers (hello Sons of Anarchy QC!), to Jugallos, hookers, strippers, thieves, people from all ethnic background, bussinesmen, etc... It's the perfect civvie license and I think it'd sell. There is no GTA product on the shelves, so fans would just buy what's available.

This would just be cruel torture if it's not DC animated. I still don't get why DC is farming out making statues since it's what DC Collectables does.

DCC doesn't have unlimited resources, so maybe by farming animated style out and making money on royalties while the focus on current artist styled bust and bomb shells is better then not having a way to get money off animated bust and states at all?

I'm more confused why there letting so much DCAU merch out.... If the selects are like current marvel selects it's going to eat their lunch directly, if they're like the current Star Trek selecta it's going to split the DCC market for their animated figures since a lot of people want statues not 'sculpts that are broken up'

Craaaaaazy!

Edited by dr baghead

This would just be cruel torture if it's not DC animated. I still don't get why DC is farming out making statues since it's what DC Collectables does.

I did some snooping on DST's Facebook.

WkYeU6f.png

Now I suppose that could be taken in multiple ways; They're in talks to make them, they don't have the rights at all, or they aren't just showing them off "at the time." I'll remain skeptical.

Bring on the hacksaws......

They're making Bruce Timm Minimates.

Literally just a whole series of Bruce Timm in different outfits. Leisure Suit Bruce, Kung-Fu Bru, Tap Dancin' Timm... It's a license to print money!

awwww man!

Because if we got Dini-Verse (you know, Paul Dini in different outfits) minimates we could have gotten this:

27.jpg