UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 19

Nessex

I mostly collect the Marvel movie 'mates I'll have to see these before I decide if I need them or not. Hopefully the reveal will be soon.

I always wondered if anyone did that, if you don't mind me asking, what makes you favor the movie waves over the comic waves?

Edited by Valo487

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it. While they can't outright cancel all their comics, MARVEL has found ways to exclude FF and X-Men. Notice the promotional posters. No X-Men or FF. Most Marvel toy lines. No FF or X-Men. They didn't even have anything relating to either franchise @SDCC this year. I think it's pretty obvious what they're trying to do.

I just saw a brand new Marvel Legends line today that is devoted entirely to the X-men.

Yes, but that's about as far from the movie as possible

I mostly collect the Marvel movie 'mates I'll have to see these before I decide if I need them or not. Hopefully the reveal will be soon.

I always wondered if anyone did that, if you don't mind me asking, what makes you favor the movie waves over the comic waves?

Honestly I just really like the designs of the movie costumes over the comic designs. They are more intricate and realistic which fits in with my overall collection (Hot Toys 1/6 movie figures are my other obsession) I pick and choose comic based figures based on how much I like the designs. I have the All New X-Men wave preordered because it reminds me of the original X-Factor costumes. I'll do the same with this wave. If there is something I really like I'll grab it. I'm really hoping there is something cool that compliments my collection.

• 4 weeks later...

The reason Marvel isn't pulling Spider-man support is because they have a better relationship with Sony than they do with Fox. So that's why they are jerking around the FF and X-Men products and not Spider-man. It's all about Hollywood playground BS.

It's really about money.

Sony sold merchadising rights to Marvel back in the day. Not only that but Marvel has rights to make Spider-Man animated series and product. So Marvel has no problem promoting Spidey merchandise because none of the profit goes to a competing studio.

However, Fox still controls merchandising rights for X-Men and FF and since Disney & Marvel want movie rights to revert back to their control, they're doing whatever they can to devalue the franchises, from canceling venerable titles (FF) and killing main characters (Death of Wolverine) to steering licensees away from those products.

For example, you'll notice how conspicuously absent X-Men and the FF are in the Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes game figures. They push Spidey, Avengers, and Guardians or the Galaxy bit not even Wolverine gets a nod. DST's one of the few licensees making product based on FF and X-Men anymore.

I don't think that's entirely accurate, either, but REGARDLESS, there are two or three X-Men related characters in this assortment and no FF.

We haven't revealed the line-up yet, but someone here has more or less guessed it. Only off by one!

Once we get closer to the release date, I'll show them off.

You just know Zach owns a green suit, purple tie, and bowler derby...

Figure 1 (not made in a long time/60s) Kraven

Figure 2 (not made in a long time/60s) Bulked-up Rhino

Figure 3 (not made in a long time/60s) Captain Mar Vell

Figure 4 (New/recent costume) Captain Marvel

Figure 5 (New/recent costume) X-23

Figure 6 (returning army builder/Possibly 60s) Sentinel

Figure 7 Ronan (Possibly 60s)

Figure 8 Iron Man (Modern)

Final answer. Till Zach says otherwise

I don't think that's entirely accurate, either, but REGARDLESS, there are two or three X-Men related characters in this assortment and no FF.

We haven't revealed the line-up yet, but someone here has more or less guessed it. Only off by one!

Once we get closer to the release date, I'll show them off.

Figure 1 (not made in a long time/60s) Kraven

Figure 2 (not made in a long time/60s) Bulked-up Rhino

Figure 3 (not made in a long time/60s) Quicksilver

Figure 4 (New/recent costume) Captain Marvel

Figure 5 (New/recent costume) X-23

Figure 6 (returning army builder/Possibly 60s) Sentinel

Figure 7 Ronan (Possibly 60s)

Figure 8 Iron Man (Modern)