UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Big Bang Theory

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chopstick hand looks... awkward. Like it's a Minimate hand holding another Minimate hand holding chopsticks. ohmy.png

I guess that's exactly what you see: he's holding the chop-stick-hand in his hand. But since the chop-stick-hand looks cool, I'm all good. smile.png

Yeah, the couch and accessories are what sold me on the set

Exactly! I think the whole series is about what "normal people" think how "nerd people" are and that's rather dull. I watched a few episodes, but I think it's rather boring and not very original. But that's just me. BUT: I will definitly buy this set for the amazing amount of cool accessories!

• 3 weeks later...

2 shows that I always enjoy but can never love ........the Simpsons & the Big Bang Theory . With BBT ,the more popular it becomes the less I feel that I enjoy it but that may be just me .

I look forward to the 'mates & today I read this .........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28649068

I never realised that it was that popular ..........an US audience of 23 million ! That's almost twice the US audience for many Walking Dead episodes.

I've just got to know how many sets of these have been produced ? These must be a sell-out...mustn't they?

Oh yeah, there is one TV station here (TBS I think?) that just plays reruns of this show every night back to back during primetime. I remember a couple years ago reading how the Indian guy was only offered a fraction of what the other guys were getting. As if the producers thought they didn't need him, and would have been just as happy if he refused to come back than if he returned. So I doubt he'll get a major contract.

Oh yeah, there is one TV station here (TBS I think?) that just plays reruns of this show every night back to back during primetime.

not only is TBS’s entire Primetime line up nothing but BBT reruns (with the occational Family Guy or crummy original show tossed in since a million dollars per re-run episode ads up really quick) more often then not the ratings for those reruns are higher then first run shows on network channels for the same time slots... it’s crazy.

The Big Bang Theory is pretty much the best television show out there right now. I can't think of another series in any genre that compares to it. With any luck, they'll do a big-budget feature film. Same cast, of course. No reason to fix what isn't broken.

No series in any genre that compares? Have you seen stuff like True Detective, Game of Thrones, Louie, House of Cards, and Hannibal? I will respectfully disagree, though of course, this is a totally subjective issue.

The Big Bang Theory is pretty much the best television show out there right now. I can't think of another series in any genre that compares to it. With any luck, they'll do a big-budget feature film. Same cast, of course. No reason to fix what isn't broken.

rofl.gif

You're kidding right?

sarcasm-1.gif???????

If serious...

ban.gif

Edited by CBMM1

It's a pretty damn funny show. I laugh whenever I watch it. It's very well-written, and Jim Parsons is amazing. Not a lot of great TV comedies out there. Mindy Project is great, Brooklyn 9-9 is great, I want to like 2 Broke Girls, but it's a little on-the-nose.

I can see the whole "this is what people think geeks are like" thinking, but I've met a lot of geeks in my day, and some are like that. I'm probably like that. Plus, they're geeks who are also highly educated nerds. I don't know a lot of rocket scientists, but I'm happy to be lumped in with them.

That said, I don't know how you can compare it to shows in other genres. It's like comparing apples and Longmire.

A statistical debate would be very appropriate for this thread.

You have my blessing.

For what it's worth, I enjoy the show largely because my wife gets such a HUGE kick out of it. I remind her that she wouldn't like it half as much had she not married me. So while she's laughing with Penny and the girls at the expense of the guys and their quirks, I'm checking out the DC, Star Wars, and Star Trek collectibles in the background. (And Penny's tits.)

And you can compare anything to anything. Whether it's fair or not is a different matter. I've never seen True Detective and can't seem to get into Louie but Game of Thrones, House of Cards, and Hannibal are all must-see TV for me.

Ha! I edited my post for fear that someone would take me seriously and get me talking about statistical normalization biggrin.png

I think I posted this before, but this show is definitely my wife's favorite, as well. She has every season on DVD, and watches an episode (at least) just about every day. Never seems to get tired of it. So, I do get that folks love it. And if I ever come off as a snob, I can tell you that one of my favorite shows to this day is Family Ties laugh.png

Edited by karamazov80

I have honestly not watched enough of the show to form an opinion, but I don't think I'd like it. That style of broad, multicamera sit-com shot on a soundstage just seems very dated to me. These days, I find it hard to watch even older shows that I enjoy in that style, like Cheers and NewsRadio.

I really just want these to come out so I can use that Green Lantern torso for my G'nort.

It's a pretty damn funny show. I laugh whenever I watch it. It's very well-written, and Jim Parsons is amazing. Not a lot of great TV comedies out there. Mindy Project is great, Brooklyn 9-9 is great, I want to like 2 Broke Girls, but it's a little on-the-nose.

I gotta disagree with you on that. Modern Family and The Goldbergs are consistently hilarious. It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is pretty awesome too. I've heard some good things about a few other sitcoms but I haven't checked them out yet.

I can't believe the majority of you guys don't like BBT.