UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 59* **: X-citing possibilities. (*edited for posterity [**again])

Nessex

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's the deal with this wave? Were there less sets made than other waves or did a lot of places just not order them? I've been to about 5 different comic shops now and nobody ever has this wave in stock.

Not sure about the comic shops in your area, but the ones in my area stopped stocking the new ones :(

But I never even saw traces of them. Every comic shop has at least one set left as far back as Series 18 so I think it's a little strange that 5 comic shops in my area would immediately sell out and never restock them.

I know I can resort to Luke's or eBay to track these down. My concern is...are comic shops not buying as many sets or skipping entire waves now due to leftover peg warmers from older waves?

Yes. At least my LCS is.

They used to have 4 collectors buying sets. They cut down orders to 3 cases, and one person was okay not getting the variant.

Then they cut back to two cases, and only two of us got full sets. Then they told me they could not justify buying two cases anymore and were dropping to one case.

They could no longer guarantee a full set. I told them I could get my sets online (through Luke).

I am happy paying Luke for full sets or custom cases as, even with shipping, I am paying less than the $10.54 per 2-pack I pay at my LCS.

I do still occasionally pick up a Marvel box set from my LCS, but not all of them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the thread necro but I can't find this wave anywhere on the net! Does anyone have any idea where I might have some luck? Now, I realize that it's been 4 or so months after its release, but I never thought that it'd get sold out so fast. I mean, Luke still has the Cap wave in-stock... So, any Good Samaritans out there? Please?

Edited by Kostisfire

I've seen it here in Australia, but the price difference might mean you'll want to shop for it a little closer to home.
Still - if you are desperate, i'd be happy to pick up whatever is left in stores for you.

I've seen it here in Australia, but the price difference might mean you'll want to shop for it a little closer to home.

Still - if you are desperate, i'd be happy to pick up whatever is left in stores for you.

I don't live in the US anyway, so there's going to be a price difference no matter what. So how much are roughly talking about?

• 1 year later...

Forgive the thread rez, but is anyone else experiencing the ice effects from the Iceman and Bobby Drake sets turning the color of snow on the side of the road way? I pulled them out of storage and couldn't believe the brown tint to them.  

10 minutes ago, MsMarvel fan said:

Forgive the thread rez, but is anyone else experiencing the ice effects from the Iceman and Bobby Drake sets turning the color of snow on the side of the road way? I pulled them out of storage and couldn't believe the brown tint to them.  

People have been mentioning this since they were released, but I haven't really noticed it.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean