UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 18

Zak Katz

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good news, it would be very challenging to get all the major players in one wave for GotG.

Depends if they are doing Army Builders or not. IM3 chose to skip on the double packing of Extremis Soldiers

What's the cast looking like at the moment?

Starlord

Gamora

Rocket Raccoon

Groot

Drax

Ronan

And possibly The Collector & Nova Corps folk?

That's 8 right there. You could squeeze em into a single wave if you don't give the Nova centurion 2 slots.

Cool.. any idea what series 19 will be though? Do u guys know yet?

I'm crossing my fingers for some X-Men characters. DST have mentioned that there will be some x-love in 2014.

I'd be down for some X-Men, know they hinted at Iceman and Banshee if I remember correctly. Would love to see a 60s themed X-Men wave with Sunfire along with some less likely ones like

Mimic

31497.jpg?5767558948402809120

Mimic also has a very cool blue uniform look

660481.jpg?256973271398900013

Eric the Red

31480.jpg?-2694478580708753936

and most of all, Angel in his awesome 60s uni:

31477.jpg?5767558948402809120

Edited by rikfenix

Not sure what 19 will be, honestly. Specialty will get a modern X-Men wave, no spoilers.

Aren't the 90's-2000's designs still considered "Modern"? I consider NOW! and AvX to be "Current", but I still think of the past 20 years or so to be "Modern" instead of "Classic". If the specialty wave had the Banshee/Forge 2-pack that's been so heavily rumored, that would still make Zach's statement correct, right?

Not sure what 19 will be, honestly. Specialty will get a modern X-Men wave, no spoilers.

Aren't the 90's-2000's designs still considered "Modern"? I consider NOW! and AvX to be "Current", but I still think of the past 20 years or so to be "Modern" instead of "Classic". If the specialty wave had the Banshee/Forge 2-pack that's been so heavily rumored, that would still make Zach's statement correct, right?

I think its goes

Gold, Silver, Bronze, Gilded, 00's, then modern. I consider current to fall in a range of 5 years or so. Maybe less, considering how fast we move now a days.

As for modern X-men... I will pray to my Zach statue every evening.

I think its goes

Gold, Silver, Bronze, Gilded, 00's, then modern. I consider current to fall in a range of 5 years or so. Maybe less, considering how fast we move now a days.

As for modern X-men... I will pray to my Zach statue every evening.

Is it a modern Zach statue? or classic?

Based on the passing of the movie waves and the annual box set I'm concerned about minimates at TRU in general so I will ask pointedly: Aside from the mentioned possible GOTG movie will there definitely be another comic-based wave? Should we be concerned?

Nope!

Awww, no modern mohawk Storm?

okay so since there's no Mohawk Storm, I guess the X-Women at the Jean Grey School are out (Rachel, Psylocke, Kitty, Jubilee & Rogue). so Uncanny X-Men NOW then?

-White Magneto

-Magik

-Cyclops

-Emma

and TRU can have the new recruits, with the Cuckoos as Army Builder ... right?

I would dare to think the classic X-Men box set might play out more to tie to a new movie...perhaps maybe like.....just a thought since the movie is loosely based on a classic story arc it would work to give us the classic comic Minimates!

Jeff of the Miniacs