UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tru 17

Nessex

This is EXACTLY how minimates need to be promoted. And I really dig the flat color scheme on the Hulkbuster redeco. The flat yellow and red is more comic accurate in my opinion.

Ditto on both points. I LOVE the flat color scheme (this is how I would have prefered the original release), and also, we need to see many more promotions in this vein. It might be a slight nuisance for collectors (though, no more than tracking down certain TRU exclusives), but it is a great doorway for enticing new collectors who may have never even heard of Minimates. It reminds me of the days of old (specifically, the Ultimate Avengers DVD & the Wizard/Toy Fare-sponsored Iron Fist/Power Man pack). Good times thumbsup.gif

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really looking forward to the robot Hulk. I have wanted this one for a while, but he was never something I thought we would get.

If it were just some weird variant, I wouldn't have agreed. But even though I have no idea who Gremlin is, the fact that it's a new character with that awesome little chest tampo, I am loving this figure! I've got him displayed with all the Hulk pieces except the chest cover, and he just looks so awesome.

You don't know the Gremlin?! Man, one of my first Iron Man comics was the issue where he died. So sad.

I believe there will be an announcement made about the DVD mail-away on Monday or Tuesday. It looks like more.marvel.com has a placeholder for the offer.

Hope you guys realize that we are ALWAYS pursuing new avenues to market Minimates. Just because you haven't seen something, doesn't mean we're not trying, or actively working on something.

I am really looking forward to the robot Hulk. I have wanted this one for a while, but he was never something I thought we would get.

If it were just some weird variant, I wouldn't have agreed. But even though I have no idea who Gremlin is, the fact that it's a new character with that awesome little chest tampo, I am loving this figure! I've got him displayed with all the Hulk pieces except the chest cover, and he just looks so awesome.

The Gremlin is an old Hulk enemy. I like the minimate for its similarities to the old Toy Biz Robot Hulk action figure. I got mine out and played around with it a few days ago and now its on my desk at home. Gremlin still sits in his back and shoots rockets out of the robots nipples...

I love the Gremlin! I don't see the "Robot Hulk" as that at all. In my mind, I just got a figure of the Gremlin and couldn't be more excited... unless we're getting some Toad Men army builders! biggrin.png

And who's this? "Ultimate Electro"? Naw... that's Miguel Santos, the Living Lightening! Huzzah!

Edited by Mystery Man

I just found the whole wave at my local TRU today.

I got two sets of Spiderman/Electro - 1 had a perfect face on Spiderman while the other has as close to perfect as I could find in the remaining packs.

I got two sets of Rescue Iron Man/Robot Hulk.

I got two sets of Hawkeye/Black Widow.

I got one set of Nova/Alien Venom.

The also just got the Wolverine movie wave and got one but the secondary head to make a ninja lost some of the tampo on the tape they used to secure it in the package.

That was about all they really had. Not much to choose from.

Received a full intact order of wave 17 from TRU.com even though I was late in ordering them when the wave went active online. Surprised to say the least as they usually screw up something more so than not. I'm just tickled pink I got the full wave shipped in a nice box as opposed to the mailer pack.

Glad the Spock I got had good positioned eyes. I read about the q/c problems some of you have had with him.

Like other have said, Robot Hulk is the stand out mate of this wave for me as well. There is just so much detail included in this one.