UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC 2012 Discussion Thread

Thanks all for the info and pic links. These mates look amazing!

And a 3rd request for the TMNT Lego exclusive. I have mates and Paypal :)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys and your Turtles giveaways... I'm afraid they were pretty hard to get. You had to wait in a line to sign up for a raffle, and I don't know if the raffle was for the Turtle figure, or if you got the Turtle figure for signing up for the raffle, but I wasn't waiting in that line.no.gif

You guys and your Turtles giveaways... I'm afraid they were pretty hard to get. You had to wait in a line to sign up for a raffle, and I don't know if the raffle was for the Turtle figure, or if you got the Turtle figure for signing up for the raffle, but I wasn't waiting in that line.no.gif

but....but.....but it goes for 300 dollars on e(vil)bay.

I'm surprised if they went back to the ticketing raffle system. If they set it up like SDCC, Lego should have had people with scanners where they scan the barcode on your badge. Pretty painless and in and out quickly. Perhaps the line was for the Lego Store purchases line? That line is horrible. Just an FYI if you see a person floating around with a scanner. But I haven't kept up to date with it and the giveaway could be done already. Figure looks cool, but I still wouldn't trade my Venom for it. :no:

The line for the SW Lego exclusive tin wasn't that bad and it moved quickly because they just handed out tickets so you could go buy one anytime during the day. You can buy as many as you want, as long as you go back and get another ticket. The raffle tickets you can get anytime from 10:00 to 3:00 (that was on Friday, anyway). You just walk up and they give you them. Between myself and a friend, we had 6 tickets yesterday, but neither of us got one. Another guy I know had 8 tickets and won 2 of them.

The display downstairs is worth checking out. Talked to Zach and enjoyed seeing the history of the line displayed like that. Thanks to Zach and Chuck for the invite to the party as well. Couldn't go because we had to leave.

-I asked Chuck about two properties- WWE and Disney- that I think would do well for them. He said that they have talked to WWE in the past, but that Mattel's license is basically all-encompassing. So even though they're not going to do Minifigs, there's no room for DST. But you never know. As for Disney, Chuck told me that they did a whole bunch of designs for a particular Disney property, but then DIsney decided they didn't want to push that property. I'm not sure if I can say what it was, but OH MY GOD THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN THE COOLEST MINIMATES EVER.

Was it ducktales?

The queue was for a raffle ticket only. They gave them out until about 2 o clock, and then did the raffle draw at 4. We had three tickets between us, and got nothin....although I think they were only giving out about 50 so not surprising. eBay prices reflect that too.

Was great hanging out with you and Zach at the party, even if it was brief. Just landed back in the UK and the Con seems a long way away now.

Edit: not sure if it's been mentioned but there was no build a mate this year. The kids (my cousin included) loved that last year.

Edited by UK Collector

If you look at the pic (number 17 from the 1st page) in which kimono wolvie is visible from the back you can see that his legs (they are all black with a little bit of white) and torso(it's all yellow and has no black) are not from any other wolvie from the boxset,his arms are different since the are sculpted differently which means that he is essantially the 5th figure!That or i'm looking too much into it.

Pretty sure that's a four pack with kimono Wolvie, Ultimate Wolvie, Venom, and Space Wolverine. Space Wolverine looks to come with alternate arms and legs and a few masks for a basic modern look (the two on display share the same chest and face). DST pretty often displays the alternate look.

Pretty sure that's a four pack with kimono Wolvie, Ultimate Wolvie, Venom, and Space Wolverine. Space Wolverine looks to come with alternate arms and legs and a few masks for a basic modern look (the two on display share the same chest and face). DST pretty often displays the alternate look.

Makes sense.I really wanted the return of 5 mate boxsets :(