UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Munsters Minimates

I'd still like to know how a Frankenstein's monster & a vampire gave birth to a werewolf? :lol:

Or, if that's too shameful, remember a Frankenstein *is* made up of different "parts"

Now there's an image I did not need. Where was the spoiler tag on that? :lol:

Oops that was too much I guess. Fine, he doesn't have wolfman nards, he just has ovaries. Did I mention again that the mailman was a werewolf? :lol:

No problem, I just couldn't imagine the Vet's face when Dr. Frankenstein insisted that he neuter the Wolfman.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If by that you mean the new Munsters show makes people miss the original Munsters show, I think you're on to something! Jerry O'Connell as Herman??I have my doubts... Maybe Eddie Izzard as Grandpa *might* help.

Portia DiRossi is Lilly... she’s normally pretty awesome, but she’s also usually in shows that are canceled pretty quick, so, eh.

Also I’m glad to know I’m not the only person who’s come to the conclusion Herman must have some werewolf, uh, parts sown into him.

Just assume that conception occurred before each member of the family was turned to their individual monster of choice.

They were a regular human grandpa, daughter, son-in-law and grandson, who were all attacked by vampires, a werewolf, and somehow killed and resurrected... within a short enough time-frame that it didn't really effect their day to day lives.

Or... we could just take the old people out of the equation since Eddie is really the root of the problem.

Depending on what rules of monster conception and physiology are at play, we could just assume that Herman's parts still function normally. He's a formerly dead, now resurrected human... but for the sake of argument, he's still just a very large, abnormally strong, resurrected human. (At least biologically). SO... calling Herman's underpants army normal, we could hypothetically say Eddie was BORN human, since he was conceived of human sperm, and just turned by a werewolf at a young age.

As to why he wasn't born a vampire like Lily (presumably) was, we have options. Could be that vampirism through birth requires two vampire parents, and since Herman isn't, it wasn't passed on. Might just be a genetic roll of the dice, like dwarfism. Two dwarf parents are perfectly capable of having tall kids, and tall parents can have a dwarf child, so long as they carry the genes for it. Just depends which get passed on. OR it could be that Eddie WAS born a Vampire, and Lycanthropy merely over-rides Vampirism... as is sometimes the case in some fantasy stories. (Not all. Really depends on the rules of each individual work.) Perhaps since Herman wasn't a Vampire, Eddie was only half-vampire (whatever that amounts to) which made it easier for the werewolf physiology to take the driver's seat.

Why their Uncle is the Creature from the Black Lagoon, I have no idea, but that's distant family... so the rules are looser.

PS. You can tell when people read comic books, because coming up with convoluted BS like this to cover plot holes and retcons becomes second nature. lolz...

Edited by Gillbob316

Lily's brother is a werewolf, as well, so there must be werewolf blood on their mother's side. Or they were both coincidentally bitten by werewolves. It might be common in their world, like a tick bite. Not sure if vampirism is hereditary, and not entirely sure Lily is definitely a vampire, need to check my reference material.

I always thought she was more of a Bride of Frankenstein type character, what with the white streaks in her hair and, you know . . . being married to Frankensteins monster.

Lily's brother is a werewolf, as well, so there must be werewolf blood on their mother's side. Or they were both coincidentally bitten by werewolves. It might be common in their world, like a tick bite. Not sure if vampirism is hereditary, and not entirely sure Lily is definitely a vampire, need to check my reference material.

Lily's not a vampire, she's a Bride of Frankenstein. So she has sewn in parts too. They never did say who had which parts and who actually carried Eddie to term!

Maybe Lily stands up to pee :yucky:

Dammit Zach! Now you MUST make the whole family as minimates so we can make some disturbingly hilarious web-comics!

As for both your theory and Gillbob's, I can't see those working simply because they never notice that they are "different", so they never knew life before their "unlife". If they were changed due to being bitten, they would know something was different and why normal people react the way they do.

As for both your theory and Gillbob's, I can't see those working simply because they never notice that they are "different", so they never knew life before their "unlife". If they were changed due to being bitten, they would know something was different and why normal people react the way they do.

Well now you're just splitting hairs. :P

• 3 months later...

Just got my Munsters Koach with Hot Rod Herman. Pretty Pretty Pretty sweet! Might have missed a couple of news but is there suppose to be a color version with regular Herman to be release? Behind the package there is a picture,TRU exclusive maybe?

I can't wait to get these. DST, your vehicles are so cool! I too would love to possibly get the rest of the Munsters characters at some point.

And this may have been discussed already, but any chance of Grandpa's Hot Rod as a vehicle?

Munsters would be perfect for little playsets or sets that come with scenery props like Grandpa's Lab.

Edited by WookieFodder

Slightly on/off topic:

Whatever happened to the minimate headquarters set?

I remember seeing another thread- 'what minimates need to go to the next level'..... with the munsters coach pic Zach just posted, it looks to me like minimates need to expand to building sets, or partial sets- like the Munsters haunted house. It'd be like the build-a-figure from Marvel Legends, but it wouldn't be necessary to buy all of them to have a great looking display. You could have an attic, a basement, a bedroom, a kitchen...whatever. Pick and choose your favorite or collect them all to make one giant haunted house.

I don't know the numbers at this point but DST released a TON of minimates- time for them to have a home....and cars to drive to and from them. :)

Zach, how have the vehicles (pirate ship, delorean, knight rider) been selling? Just curious.

Edited by Jeff

It's being made. I've seen a packaged sample. Should arrive soon.

TRU Herman is in his regular clothes, not Hot Rod clothes. He also comes with an extra sad head, apparently.

Zach, how have the vehicles (pirate ship, delorean, knight rider) been selling? Just curious.

KITT and SPM KITT did great. Vehicles Series 3 (KARR/black pirate ship) not as great, but okay. TRU skipped the British ship, hope we get to put it out some day, but who knows. Working on another pirate ship you guys might like.

Edited by Zach Oat