UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Street Fighter x Tekken

I think it was a conscious decision to keep proportions consistent for each character. So while Sagat is a tall dude -- which we can't really re-create with a character who doesn't wear a lot of clothes -- his mass makes him pretty proportionate, meaning adding any parts would make him look... off.

Zangief is sometimes portrayed as being inhumanly beefy, but I think they gave Zangief and Marduk big chests only to differentiate them from legitimately bulky characters like Hugo, Rufus and Kuma. If we'd hit the size ceiling with Zangief, there would have been nowhere to go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those do look nice. I just wish there were fewer SF 4 characters in these waves considering I'm buying almost exclusively the SF 2 characters.

Are Minimates distributed in Asia at all (I understand they aren't in Europe)? Because it seems like Tekken is bigger there than it is the U.S.

Series 2 pre-order and release pics are up at BBTS. I;ve never played the game, but I think these look pretty sweet.

I'm so stoked to see Kazuya Mishima and Yoshimitsu getting their own mates, that i have to get both- even if they're paired with Abel and Ryu.

As for wave one, I think I might just pick up the Sagat/King pack and try to trade someone for a Cammy.

I saw that Zangief and Guile packs were bundled with pictures for the first series. I wonder what the other 2 packs will be for this wave? Hopefully Megaman and Pacman.

I'm disappointed that Chun-Li and Ryu are getting more minimates, it seems like such a waste when someone like Rolento or Cody could get a minimate instead.

Oh really? Could you post the pictures of Hugo and Rolento sets?

Edit: No need I found them. At least series 2 isn't all bad! More Final Fight characters to add to my MvC display, and what's more is that we get more Capcom villains!!! Kuma, too who is my favorite Tekken character!

Are two series' all we're going to get of these SFxT minimates? Or are there more series planned?

If they do another series then I hope they do these characters next:

Cody, Guy, Blanka, Megaman, Vega and Dhalsim.

Edited by TheAnvil

Edit: No need I found them. At least series 2 isn't all bad! More Final Fight characters to add to my MvC display, and what's more is that we get more Capcom villains!!! Kuma, too who is my favorite Tekken character!

Are two series' all we're going to get of these SFxT minimates? Or are there more series planned?

I heard we're getting three waves, so Vega (either claw or dictator ;)) and Dhalsim are likely to be made. DLC characters I'm not so sure about. I personally want Cody, Guy and my main man Dudley but they're more likely to make up a fourth wave. Megaman and Pac Man are out of the question. One DLC guy MAY make it through and frankly as long as it isn't Sakura *shudder* I'm happy. I suspect it will be Blanka as he's the only mainstream/overused/SF2 character in the DLC roster.

If there is a third wave and we don't get Vega, Dhalsim, Balrog, & Blanka I'd be very disappointed.

Series 2 is really weak on classic SF characters. Series 3 needs to finish up the classic core.

And thanks groundhog for the tru.com news I was able to get the Ken and Sagat packs.

I heard we're getting three waves, so Vega (either claw or dictator ;)) and Dhalsim are likely to be made. DLC characters I'm not so sure about. I personally want Cody, Guy and my main man Dudley but they're more likely to make up a fourth wave. Megaman and Pac Man are out of the question. One DLC guy MAY make it through and frankly as long as it isn't Sakura *shudder* I'm happy. I suspect it will be Blanka as he's the only mainstream/overused/SF2 character in the DLC roster.

Why would Megaman and Pacman be out of the question? They're Capcom and Namco owned characters the same as SF and Tekken so the licensing wouldn't be any different would it? They'd at least make for a great Comic Con exclusive pack or something.

Edited by TheAnvil

Why would Megaman and Pacman be out of the question? They're Capcom and Namco owned characters the same as SF and Tekken so the licensing wouldn't be any different would it? They'd at least make for a great Comic Con exclusive pack or something.

I'm guessing the licence only allows the core characters and no DLC/bonus. Granted I'd prefer Classic or X to BBA but I suppose the parts he'd come with would allow people to make easier Classic/X customs. Plus a Mokujin Mecha would be AWESOME!