UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself,I'm James as the name suggests. I've been an avid Minimate collector since the line started years ago and I post occasionally over on Minimateheadquarters.com. I have a question regarding Walking Dead Minimates....specifically the Exclusive Shane and Glenn sets. Is anyone else having as much trouble finding them as I am? I've been trying for weeks now and no luck. I've tried 4 different Toys R Us stores, the TRU website and even other sites. Yes I've seen them on ebay but at ridiculous prices. It's getting very frustrating. Besides that little annoyance I absolutely love Minimates and I'm looking forward to posting here more now that I've found this place.

James

They may be hard to get now in stores. My store got just one case. I looked it up and the warehouse is empty for the southeast. The send series is showing an order at the warehouse, so hopefully after xmas. I know it's crazy now, the store near me has 5 trucks this coming week.

Just ask for the two packs and you can get them, we've discussed that they may be hard to find but some people on here have multiples to trade or sell, just ask

Have video game Walking Dead characters been discussed? Would/could this be a possibility? I'd love to see (and own) a Lee Everett Minimate.

I posted a question on the AA site Q&A asking about this, I guess we'll hear what Chuck has to say next time we get minimate answers. I'd love to see some of the main characters from the game as minimates.

T.

I have one Glen and Shane set left if anyone's sick of the hunt...

On a lighter note, I wouldn't mind seeing an Abraham minimate, and maybe that latino chick he was traveling with in the books (can't remember her name), basically everyone that traveled with Rick to the Alexandria colony. Oooo Oooo, maybe even a dignified Douglas (the head of the Alexandria Colony) with a glass of Scotch...

Odds are we'll never see mini-minimates in the form of kids or midget style minimates...even after the DST reveal of the Father and Sons two packs that never saw the light of day. :angry:

Any tips on how to make them? I can only think of cutting off a chunk of the legs.

Odds are we'll never see mini-minimates in the form of kids or midget style minimates...even after the DST reveal of the Father and Sons two packs that never saw the light of day. :angry:

Any tips on how to make them? I can only think of cutting off a chunk of the legs.

I intend to slightly trim legs, arms and torso.

Will have to adjust the feet and hand pegs to I guess, or glue in position.

Y'know what... I'd even take Carl as an accessory similar to Snarf... well maybe? :ermm:

I have just learned that there is currently a dockworkers strike at the docks where products from DST are shipped through. All new Minimates and Marvel Select figures that were scheduled to arrive in the next 2 weeks are now pushed back to the first week of January, and possibly later into January if the strike continues. This includes Walking Dead Series 2. I will keep you posted if anything changes! I am not sure if this will affect the TRU series.

Coming as I do from near the port of Southampton I know all about dock strikes & it used to be the (sad) joke that it was very difficult to tell when the dockers were on strike because very little happened when they weren't on strike. :rolleyes:

I'm not anti-union but sometimes they get a bit big for their boots.

Maybe the strikers should be offered a Hoffa offer.

Thanks to this "Luke" guy everyone's been raving about, I just got Series 1 of the specialty assortment. (Thanks, Luke!)

The lone Walking Dead Minimates peg at my local TRU was up for about two weeks. Looks like they got in one case and took the peg down. Not feeling good about getting those exclusives but I'll keep looking.

Strike is over, but everything that should have been unloaded two weeks ago is running behind. In other words, Christmas is cancelled.

...But New Year's is gonna be INSANE.

http://www.artasylum...g/2012/12/8115/

Wow. My wallet will be weeping until tax refund time...

01/02/13 STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN SER 2 MINIMATES ASST SEP121672

01/02/13 WALKING DEAD MINIMATES SER 2 ASST JUL121723

01/09/13 BATTLE BEASTS MINIMATES SERIES 1 ASST SEP121668

01/09/13 MARVEL MINIMATES SERIES 48 ASST SEP121669

01/09/13 MARVEL MINIMATES BEST OF SERIES 2 ASST NOV121698

02/27/13 MARVEL MINIMATES HULK THROUGH THE AGES BOX SET DEC121594

02/27/13 MARVEL MINIMATES STRANGE TALES BOX SET OCT121574

02/27/13 STAR TREK TOS ENTERPRISE MINIMATE VEHICLE JUL121720

02/27/13 MARVEL MINIMATES BEST OF SERIES 1 (re-issue) ASST NOV118193

They are all so close, yet so far away. Perhaps I will head over to Long Beach and make a few "fall off the truck".

-stroking beard, laughing like a mad man

The irony is these ship through SoCal but always seem to hit stores in Florida and Pennsylvania first, and Los Angeles last.