UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Diamond: NYCC exclusives

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach, I think you lost the support of the Kang Koalition. The Kang petition has been going on for years, it seems. Then the Gideon Gang comes up in one day. Unless Kang is part of that wave.

Not like I care either way as long as more Spideys keep coming. I'm sure Firefighter Spidey is the start of a new Spidey line. :)

Gideon, Trevor Fitzroy, Shinobi Shaw, Black Tom Cassidy, and the Fenris Twins! WOOOOOOOO 90'S BABY!

See,i sense that you are joking - but i would totally buy that wave :P

I'm hoping to see someone ask Chuck about Gideon on the next Ask DST Q&A. Maybe Shirley will ask?

Will the person who asks be allowed to remain as a member on the multiverse? ;)

Will the person who asks be allowed to remain as a member on the multiverse? ;)

Well, that's not for me to decide. Better mask your name as Shirley Lobsterman when you submit the question so someone else takes the heat just in case. ;)

I hope a MiniGid Multiverse colour scheme is going to be available soon. For variety.

Just told DSTChuck you guys were "giddy for Gideon," and we're gonna try to build a wave around him. Fingers crossed!

Not.

Funny.

I'd just like to point out that when we did that latest "potential boxed set" poll... I was totally the one who suggested Deadpool Corps. (Though mine included Dogpool, not Champion)

So on the off-chance they're looking at this forum for their set ideas, this is totally all my fault. lolz...

Funny thing is, I stopped reading comics a couple years ago (financial reasons, couldn't keep up) so i really know NOTHING about Deadpool Corps... I was just throwing out suggestions... and I'd just seen them on covers and stuff...

In any event, as always, I'll buy it... as I'm a Marvel Minimates completionist...

And taking that completionist mentality one step further... Dogpool better be in a friggin' TRU set...

Edited by Gillbob316

Okay... it's Gillbob's fault. :rolleyes:

We know they pay attention to what we're saying around here, the good, the bad, and the ridiuclous. Chuck has even responded to a Kang question with "Okay, we hear you.". (Not that it's made a huge difference, but there you go) And yes, at one point we were complaining (not all of us, but enough I remember it) about the lack of Deadpools in sufficient numbers to meet demand. But if we were really the driving force here, then Kang would have been done two years ago, Falcon would've been done as part of a Captain America comics wave with Sharon Carter, Winter Soldier, Barons Strucker and Zemo, and more 616 Hydra Soldiers, the Mimic/Super Adaptiod pack would have replaced Nightcrawler/Psyloke, and there would be occassion 3" Marvel mates for giant sized characters.

Deapool's popular, I get it. At one point he had as many monthly books as Spider-Man and Wolverine. Okay. I understand that this is true. I don't quite understand it, or like it, but then I didn't get the early ninties Punisher craze either.

Wish them well with it, hope it makes them lots of money, and like Choppah-face said sells out in minutes. But I'll pass, thanks.

And I might be interested in the Gideon / Shirly pack afterall, depending on whether she has a boo-boo-kitty accessory.

Okay... we. . .demand. . . more. . .Marvel mates for. . .Gideon

Agreed 100%. Chuck et al., listen to this man!

That's not a bad-looking set, in all honesty. It looks like the pieces are cast in colored plastic rather than painted, which always seems to make for more vibrant color. Glad we're getting the new katanas.

Okay, okay, I'm sold.

Funny that with other lines, painted is usually preferred over plastic sculpted in a given color, but often with Minimates, I think you're right.

Edited by karamazov80

This is going to be a fun set. I still have some nitpicky gripes looking at this final product. More weapons, no detail on legs except bands. Chest color mismatching. What can you do? But overall, I can live with them. And I'd normally hate the hole in Kidpool's head, but he's going to get the propeller thingie instead of Headpool. :)

I want now!