UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Where do you keep your Minimates?

Or rather, what kind of container, if any, do you store them in? I noticed today that my battle damaged Mark III Iron Man (from the "Hostile Takeover" set) had a sizeable amount of paint chipped off his face, and I want to ensure that this doesn't happen to any of the others. I want them to be kept as safe as possible. Any suggestions? :(

Anything loose goes into a 3x3" zip bag immediately. The only trouble with that is that when your anticipating a 'shot' of all your Cylons ....it entails taking every one out of the stupid frigging bags.......... :angry:

This is basically what I do (though the bags aren't 3X3", they are small--maybe 2X3" or so). This, for the most part, keeps them from getting paint wear. I've done the same thing with my 6 inch figures and Kubricks--some of my bulkier Minimates, or those with lots of parts go into the larger bags that I store my Kubricks in. Then, I organize them into sandwich and then gallon zip-lock bags, basically organized thematically or by license. Then, they go into a large box. That has worked pretty well so far for the ones that I don't display. Plus, it keeps them a bit more organized in that I can keep some of their accessories in the right place. Though I'm pretty bad about that. I've basically got a gallon zip-lock bag full of accessories and assorted parts. It would take me weeks to organize it all.

Edited by karamazov80

My complete series are going in these:

MultiLevelDisplayBox_l.jpg

My one-off specials (protos, gold/silver) are going in these:

17047.jpg

There are various size Amac boxes, the ones that work the best for the standard size Minimates are the

Amac Box Clear

1-3/16" sq. x 2-7/16" h

and

Amac Box Clear

1-5/8" sq. x 2-7/8" h

Edit: Luke - in case you want to look into carrying these for your store:

http://www.amacplastics.com/

Looks like the 3 level display is exclusive to The Container Store, but Amac will sell you the clear boxes.

I also picked up one of these to organize my spare parts/mates:

15652.jpg

44-Drawer Cabinet White

20" x 6-1/4" x 15-1/2" h

Edited by youbastards

The only problem with the smaller of the Amac cases that will fit a mate, is that the mate is in there slightly diagonally, err Diagon Alley ;).

The next size up lets them fit fine, but is a little too big and there is extra room.

I'll post some pix tonight when I get home from work.

How many minimates fit into that multi-level box? I would love to have something like that (atleast for a hall of armors as was mentioned) but with how many minimates I have getting those for the whole collection would be unrealistic.

I personally display my minimates and the extras I have are in the little 2x3 ziplocs that I got at a craft store. I also store all my extra accessories in these with labels so I know who they go to. These small bags are then put into a larger bag in a box just like karamazov.

How many minimates fit into that multi-level box? I would love to have something like that (atleast for a hall of armors as was mentioned) but with how many minimates I have getting those for the whole collection would be unrealistic.

I personally display my minimates and the extras I have are in the little 2x3 ziplocs that I got at a craft store. I also store all my extra accessories in these with labels so I know who they go to. These small bags are then put into a larger bag in a box just like karamazov.

7 'mates per row, spaced evenly and not crowded.

Perfect for a wave of Marvel mates of 6 + 1 variant

collection1q.jpg

Also it's worth noting that the black risers in this set are optional and are 3 seperate pieces that lock together, so you can position them however you want.

Edited by youbastards

LOL....:nono:

Maybe someday, but the novelty of having them hasn't worn off yet.

If it's any consolation, I once bought a CGC graded Amazing Spider-Man #14 and the first thing I did was crack the case open and read it!

youbastards = Anti-slabbing comic books.

Edited by youbastards

Most of mine are currently inside a tackle box. It'd divided up into squares that are the perfect size for minimates and their accessories if necessary. They'll stay there sorted into genre and comic universe until I can find a good display case for them. Here's hoping that's sooner than later.