Liney's Designs & Customs - She-Hulk advice

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Coloured image added.

Thank you for the kind words, I'm really getting into drawing my own faces now as opposed to basing them existing ones.

I had an inkling you would know about the mask Hellpop thumbsup.gif

Salivating MiniFiend? Now that's quite a compliment!

Edited by Liney

Your choice of some of the more obscure marvel characters is to me yummy. I would be a happy clam to get JoH, Machine Man Jocasta or Living Laser released. I can just hope that maybe your art may spark with the powers that be and they see how cool these characters could be as figures.

Two Figures I would love to see as minimates but think they are to out there to be considered are First Appearance Captain Britain and the real life stuntman marvel did a comic series on called The Human Fly.

Finally got a picture of Titania snapped:

post-1943-0-26347200-1363646667_thumb.jp

As you can see, the paint I used (I think it's Citadel's Warlock Purple) matches pretty well. Her hair is the spare from Vindicator, and those boots were left over from somebody; I've got a bunch. Really happy with how she turned out; what a great decal!

I'm dilligently working on making decals from the Living Laser template; the chest is easy, but his headband thing is driving me nuts.mad.gif

Finally got a picture of Titania snapped:

attachicon.gifTitania.JPG

As you can see, the paint I used (I think it's Citadel's Warlock Purple) matches pretty well. Her hair is the spare from Vindicator, and those boots were left over from somebody; I've got a bunch. Really happy with how she turned out; what a great decal!

I'm dilligently working on making decals from the Living Laser template; the chest is easy, but his headband thing is driving me nuts.mad.gif

She looks great Hellpop, are they Rogues boots? That what I plan on using. And good luck with Living Laser.

And thank you Nessex!

• 5 weeks later...

Hello and greetings, haven't been on much lately, old laptop died and the new one wouldn't load MMM for me, finally got it working again so I can catch up with the awesome customs and stuff on here, hooray!

While I was exiled form here I did some more stuff, mainly to test out the new laptop.

Storm - X Factor

Love the new look, its both regal but has the mohawk too.

storm___x_force___no_coat_by_lord_liney-

storm___x_force___with_coat_by_lord_line

storm___x_force___no_coat___coloured_by_

x_force_storm___coat___coloured_minimate

I also did some *gasp* free hand stuff. I re-read 'Soon I Will Be Invincible' by Austin Grossman, which is a great book, go check it out if you havnn't read it yet, so I took a stab at designing MM's of some of the characters off of the dust cover illustration

1325927-1325756_siwbi_001.jpg

Dr Impossible, the super-villain narrator. The novel chronicles his escape from maximum security prison and his thirteenth attempt at world conquest. A lab accident involving 'zeta radiation' gave him superpowers, including super-intellect. He was diagnosed with Malign Hypercognition Disorder, what I want to say is over thinking? The large figure in the lower right of the cover in red.

dr_impossible_minimate_ideas_by_lord_lin

Galetea is a robot superhero who is only mentioned in the book as she destroys herself to save the world before the story begins. She is the pale skinned woman in purple with pink hair towards the top left corner of the cover.

galetea_designs_by_lord_liney-d5z5a14.jp

Sorry for all the huge images, in future I'll scale my stuff down.

Edited by Liney

I saw the Dr. Impossible and Galate images in your DeviantArt account, and meant to ask you about them. This is a novel, not a comic? And that cover's by Bryan Hitch? I realize that I could look those answers up, but what's the fun in that?

I like that Storm costume as well, even though she's one of my least favorite characters. If you plan on making her, let me know, because I'm sure I have an extra mohawk/head combo from the Secret Wars Storm laying around somewhere.

I think all the ladies for X-Factor got some very classy updates... the guys not so much. But I am a bit biased as Storm is one of my favourites. And thank you for the kind offer sir!

Yes, its a novel, and a rather good one too if you ask me, though I think they did put out a few promotional covers, there in the back of the book at least. I think your right in regards to it being Bryan Hitch.

Nice work, Liney! I'd love to see that X-Force Storm become a reality.

I love Soon I Will Be Invincible, too; when I saw that art you posted, I thought for a second someone had done an illustrated version I didn't hear about. If you like that kind of higher-brow genre fiction, check out The Magician by Lev Grossman. It's like Harry Potter, except if he was a self-absorbed jerk college kid. :)