UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Liney's Designs & Customs - She-Hulk advice

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Challenge complete, as suggested by Hellpop, I present to you Jack of Hearts.
I can imagine an official mate wouldn't be this detailed, as most of it wouldn't show up on a 2" mate, but I went all out on the control art...

jack_of_hearts_minimate_by_lord_liney-d4

Coloured image to follow soon, feedback and further design suggestions welcomed smile.gif

*update 13/12/11 - coloured image added*

jack_of_hearts_control_art_by_lord_liney

Edited by Liney

*update: coloured image added to line art post above*

Thanks for the nice words people. Here he is all coloured, I left off the body shading I usually add as it just over did the design too much.

Hellpop, that doesn't surprise me too much, his costume seems to change every other time he turns up! tongue.gif

Who do yu want to see me tackle next?

Edited by Liney

I would love to know what program you are using to draw up the images of mates you have? I would love to see a concept image of Quark from Star Trek Deep Space Nine in minimate form as well as a Klingon with a ridged forehead.

Thank you for the great artwork.

I would love to know what program you are using to draw up the images of mates you have? I would love to see a concept image of Quark from Star Trek Deep Space Nine in minimate form as well as a Klingon with a ridged forehead.

Thank you for the great artwork.

Just the pen tool and lots of layers in photoshop.

I've been trying to work out a Klingon hairpiece for a while, so I might give that a shot. Quark was the trader dude right, he really got on my nerves on the show :P

Taking a break form comics for a bit, redoing some older designs again.
This time Seven of Nine, one of my favourite Star Trek characters, stuck with a flat image as opposed to the older, shiny one.
Did both her first catsuit, then one from later on.
I think he hair is much better this time round, though the face doesn't seem as good even though I didn't really change anything :S

seven_on_nine_minimate_control_art_1_by_
seven_on_nine_minimate_design_2_by_lord_

seven_on_nine_minimate_control_art_2_by_
seven_on_nine_minimate_design_2___colour

Feedback and suggestions for more designs is always welcome.

Edited by Liney

• 2 weeks later...

Another piece of control art completed: Luke Cage/Power Man.

I tried to be more economic with this design and re-use the old Power Man pieces and try to bulk him up with a Professor Hulk chest piece, as I thought the design was close enough to work. When drawing it I realised too much chest was on show, so I modified it to work better.

I have doubts whether the chain belt and chest piece will work together, so if anyone has all these pieces and would like to see how it would look,fel free to share :P

As always feedback is appreciated.

power_man_minimate_line_art_by_lord_liney-d4kiai4.jpg

power_man_minimate_coloured_line_art_by_lord_liney-d4kiyao.jpg

Edited by Liney

Thank you Hellpop, I agree, the original looks so scrawny compared to the current mates, plus he had that wierd one lip thing going on. Hopefully the face on mine in an improvement, I wanted him to be showing some teeth, but I cheaped out.

Maybe a pair of two packs... Old School Power Man and Iron Fist for LCS, Updated Modern Luke Cage and white costume Iron Fist for TRU?

• 2 months later...

Been working on various designs inbetween work, this is the only one I managed to get finished, sort of...
Line art for a Frightful Four Medusa, without the hair as you can see, will be drawing it seperately so as to not cover most the minimate design.

medusa_minimate_design_by_lord_liney-d4s

I think this one is much better than my initial attempt on the first page. Though I would like to point out I did suggest back then the same solution to her hair as the new Nova mate... :whistling:

As always coloured version to follow, and her hair too.

medusa_minimate_design___coloured_by_lor

Edited by Liney

• 10 months later...

Finally got around to actually making some for of custom at long last. Its more of a WIP right now however.

The Guardian Of Forever from Star Trek TOS

Traced the shape form a picture on line and then tried my best to scale it to minimates, figuring the blocky nature meant it didn't have to be exactly right tongue.png

Then cut the same shape out of foam board three times and glued them together before sculpting thinly over it with air hardening clay. Whole thing is about an inch thick, roughly.

Sorry for the blurry photos, had to use my phone for them. Uhura and Spock and checking it out while showing the scale.

Just need to paint it now. Not looking forward to that bit...

post-3031-0-12947300-1359055935_thumb.jp

post-3031-0-89322000-1359056082_thumb.jp

post-3031-0-53276800-1359056157_thumb.jp

post-3031-0-49468200-1359056243_thumb.jp

Managed to get The Guardian painted. Actually about three times, the colours I used never looked right to me, mainly due to fact it lights up on screen so it always looks different.

post-3031-0-09509900-1359402341_thumb.jppost-3031-0-00424100-1359402595_thumb.jp

Finally settled on a flat grey with the edges stippled with black. Works for the simplified look of minimates but will most likely keep tinkering with it. I couldn't decide whether the black edges should join in the centre, opinions?

I did find some stone effect textured paint which I may have another go at it with sometime down the road. Maybe with some glittery paints too.

Uhura beamed back up, so here's Kirk, Spock and Scotty checking things out!

post-3031-0-07848700-1359402720_thumb.jp